Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi *Warning: Possible Spoilers*

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Yes and no. Literally.

I liked it because it's Star Wars. I also hated it because this was a waste of a Star Wars movie. Never thought I'd ever find myself trashing on a Star Wars movie but this one was fucking bullshit. Everyone involved in writing the script should be fired and banned from ever having anything to do with Star Wars again along with any of their descendants, forever.
    Yeah, kinda my feeling as well. I think they're relying on audience familiarity and acceptance of Star Wars to push out a bunch of middling movies. Almost all the plot holes/questions we had from the first movie aren't answered, and this one raises a bunch of its own.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I just don't get how they could fuck this up so bad by accident. How incompetent do you have to be to write something this bad, and how fucking stupid do the people above them have to be to think it's a good idea and green light it?

Funniest part is critic reviews are something like 90% positive while most of the reviews by normal people are shitting all over it.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

[Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

I'm going tonight. My expectations are currently at a 1. Maybe 2.

Maybe next year's installment will be a stand alone movie about Snoke and his rise/fall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I'm going tonight. My expectations are currently at a 1. Maybe 2.
    I enjoyed it. There is stupid ass shit in it and I think they could have done better.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Maybe next year's installment will be a stand alone movie about Snoke and his rise/fall.
    Nope, that is Han Solo.

8. Default

Half the people who are shitting on it seem to just be really mad things didn't play out like they thought it would. It had some.. interesting and unnecessary parts, but overall it was still a good flick.

As far as Leia and her sendoff, guess that was a tough one for the director. If she had finished all her scenes in filming, CGI'ing her in would have been kinda tacky just to kill her off. I wouldn't be surprised if they just throw something in during the opening scroll for Episode IX along the lines of, "the resistance's numbers have seen a dramatic increase, following the unexpected death of General Leia Organa" or something like that. It's one of those things where I'm glad I'm not a writer or director for the next movie because just that part alone is gonna be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammibal View Post
    Half the people who are shitting on it seem to just be really mad things didn't play out like they thought it would. It had some.. interesting and unnecessary parts, but overall it was still a good flick.

As far as Leia and her sendoff, guess that was a tough one for the director. If she had finished all her scenes in filming, CGI'ing her in would have been kinda tacky just to kill her off. I wouldn't be surprised if they just throw something in during the opening scroll for Episode IX along the lines of, "the resistance's numbers have seen a dramatic increase, following the unexpected death of General Leia Organa" or something like that. It's one of those things where I'm glad I'm not a writer or director for the next movie because just that part alone is gonna be tough.
    The main problem is they for the most part forgot to tell a story and pissed away all kinds of stuff TFA set up that could have been really awesome.

It was also stupid to kill off Admiral Ackbar just so they could have that purple haired chick run the show while Leia was recovering. Because Admiral Ackbar is male and males are dumb and just want to make things explode.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-20-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The main problem is they for the most part forgot to tell a story.
    you lost get over it