Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Jedi *Warning: Possible Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    I enjoyed it and was also irritated by it. It was an interesting movie to watch with good action and seamless CGI. I've felt like they're just remaking the originals. The first one was kind of a mix of New Hope and Jedi. This one had the Empire Strikes Back feel to it. Still, enjoyable.

I will say it again, I'm betting Ben and Rey are brother and sister. Luke and Leah showed they can connect in a similar way being brother and sister. I don't think Snoke created that instance, maybe just enhanced it or helped progress it faster.

I didn't like that the Director did his best to pretty much kill off any old characters. Han, Admiral Ackbar, soon to be Leah, and Luke. Seems he's trying hard to move on with new characters and develop new storylines. He could have easily kept them and made things good until they died in "RL".
    Wouldn't Leah know she spit out 2 kids, not 1?

And I agree with killing off all the old characters. Han death was retarded. Luke being turned into a little bitch and the way he died sucked. Ackbar wasn't a main character.. more of a cult icon.. but his death was useless.
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 01-06-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

And I agree with killing off all the old characters. Han death was retarded. Luke being turned into a little bitch and the way he died sucked. Ackbar wasn't a main character.. more of a cult icon.. but his death was useless.
    LEIA YOU NON-STAR WARS FUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    LEIA YOU NON-STAR WARS FUCKS
    LOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL L

Quote Originally Posted by Soulance View Post
    I didn't like that the Director did his best to pretty much kill off any old characters. Han, Admiral Ackbar, soon to be Leah, and Luke. Seems he's trying hard to move on with new characters and develop new storylines while telling a rehashed version of the same story from 40 years ago and simultaneously telling us to let go of the past.
    Fixed. Yes I agree.

I was reading some shit the other day about how Disney had literally no outline or plan for how the new trilogy should go. They gave full control to Abrams and now Rian. And then Abrams again. They're literally winging it. Like on Lost. Which makes sense because "lost" is how most people seem to feel after watching these shitshows.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

The only reason I'm ok with Han dying is because Harrison Ford insisted on being killed off for him to agree to do another movie. He wanted Han to die in ROTJ but Lucas wouldn't do it. But yeah his actual death scene was garbage just like most everything else so far in this new story.

Watched an old theory video about how Rey could be a Palpatine and the clues in the video are there, but it's all probably nothing and the "clues" are just coincidental and not actually clever hint dropping. Rey is about the biggest Mary Sue ever though, so if some crazy shit doesn't happen next movie and she just cruise controls all the way to the end becoming some supreme master of the Force and saving the galaxy with zero training or weaknesses it's going to be the most retarded shit ever.

I think Rian Johnson's plan was something along the lines of, "Everybody thinks Rey is this and Snoke is that and Luke will do this and Leia will do that, so we're gonna really REALLY surprise them by having it all lead to...nothing! They'll never see it coming! Such great filmmaking! We're genuises!" *high fives Kathleen Kennedy*

Last edited by Methais; 01-06-2018 at 01:41 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

The original trilogy was winged too, so it is as Star Wars as possible. Vader wasn't originally Luke's father. Leia wasn't his sister. A bunch of shit they just invented as they went along. the prequals were the only ones to have an overarcing plan.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-06-2018 at 01:41 PM.

I guess anything is possible, even the Palpatine thing. We never really hear about anyone on the Dark Side having relationships and whatnot. Suppose they're having swinger parties and kissing their sisters as well.

And there's that kid at the end who obviously has powers as well so there's a whole new storyline coming there probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    The original trilogy was winged too, so it is as Star Wars as possible. Vader wasn't originally Luke's father. Leia wasn't his sister. A bunch of shit they just invented as they went along. the prequals were the only ones to have an overarcing plan.
    The original trilogy was also brand new and Lucas had pretty limited resources and expected A New Hope to bomb. They've had 40 years and an immeasurable amount of EU content to draw from and come up with an actual plan this time around with nearly unlimited funds to execute it, so they really have no excuse for winging it.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-06-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    But yeah his actual death scene was garbage just like most everything else so far in this new story.
    We disagree on many things, you and I. To watch a son struggle with and eventually succumb to the desire to murder his father in cold blood, and find that meaningless? That, perhaps, is the strongest we will ever disagree.

As for coherence, George Lucas literally couldn't be bothered to look up which Skywalker child was born first for Episode III. Not the original trilogy, not in the wild west of Star Wars, when it was a billion dollar franchise. And he couldn't be bothered to look up which child was born first.

We who are Gemstone players should know more than anyone: never assume the powers that be put more thought into the game than we do, because they never, in fact, do.

Some fun facts I looked up regarding box office grosses.

What's your favorite original trilogy movie? Is it Empire Strikes Back? That was the lowest grossing of the three.

What's your least favorite prequel trilogy movie? Is it Phantom Menace? That was the highest grossing of the three.

Box office grosses are well named.

'CUZ THEY'RE GROSS
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

The original trilogy was also brand new and Lucas had pretty limited resources and expected A New Hope to bomb. They've had 40 years and an immeasurable amount of EU content to draw from and come up with an actual plan this time around with nearly unlimited funds to execute it, so they really have no excuse for winging it.
    So? He could have still had a storyline with characters fleshed out on a storyboard. That doesn't cost any money and new movies are produced all the time with a overarching story already created.

Also, most of the EU was shit.

you lost get over it