Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting GS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Normally I would agree but half of Simu’s business model is getting players to do stuff for them for free that they’re usually too cheap and lazy to do themselves. The other half is getting their GMs to do everything else for pizza and beer money. Not even good beer either. They can probably only afford a 6 pack of Pabst, not even the tall cans. Probably ponies.

Please make a huge spectacle on the officials on your way out so Simu can look really stupid. Make sure to go off about the WPS bait & switch too.

When Dreaven is gone I will be offering Methenings. For only $10 a month you can have unlimited spell ups in whatever town I’m in at the time.
    10 bucks for meth

For what the game provides, it's grossly expensive. Especially for premium and platinum services it's just simply astronomical.

i dont even use dreavenings but i dont like that he is going. fine i'll pay him 10 mil silvers a month to stay.

it's everyone's first drug... I mean MMO experience. So it's always going to have the nostalgia and good times feeling. Also a sense of comfort in familiarity to come back to. It will do that until they shut the server down. People will keep playing/paying until they do. It would be great if they updated pricing to be more comparable to modern MMO's ($10-15 for a FULL account of characters). But I don't see that ever happening. I called it back in 2016 EG thread about Simu going to more and more micro-transaction for what is normally a one price and done event. I got neg rep for it, but my prediction came true this past 2017 EG. I'm still playing/paying though cause again, it's like a drug.
    Websites
    Lich Wiki Info
    EO Scripts Github Repository - Collaborative script development by the community.
    EO Lich5 Github Repository - Collaborative Lich Development for GS4 & DR for modern Ruby.
    Elanthia Online Forums Archive

Player of Tysong

Fuck him. It's just more attention seeking behavior like those people who leave dramatic FB posts about how they won't be on FB anymore.

If you're going to quit, just man up and quit. Sell your shit, close your accounts and go. No need to cry crocodile tears over how the corporation is taking away from your power as a player and blah blah blah.

Typical bullshit talking tough guy who's really just a sensitive snowflake crying on the inside and looking to his computer screen for validation in a meaningless life.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Whirlin rage quit?
    I wasn't going to go into it... but, I guess I'll piggyback off of Dreaven's thread.

Yeah, I initially left two months ago following the drama around Wednesday night Reim + Guild night Lag, when GMs (without reaching out to us once) nerfed Reim to no more than 5 creatures spawning in a room regardless of participants. They did not inform/discuss/or try to work with us on the change, and we had a shitty night where people didn't cap scrip in two hours... and then after wasting our time came to talk to us unscheduled. A little consideration could have gone a long way.

This was really a catalyst for a variety of health, financial, and family obligations that I was having. I also took my guides down at this point because hosting them in the wiki was a shitty decision. Wikis are better for collaboration, not single-contributor documents. I didn't like others editing them, their control over stating whether or not they would persist there, etc. Many were out dated, and having them there sucked.

Given the financial/health insurance out of pocket maximums, I decided to start taking my old guides and transitioning them to a patreon. Somewhere that I had more control over the content, better management than something like a google site, and I could ask for donations to help alleviate the stupidly high subscription costs, because I wasn't going to dedicate all that money to them when I had better, competing priorities. I rewrote the wizard guide, performed new analysis of ELR breakpoints/whatnot, was in the midst of reestablishing methodology for the Sorcerer guide. I also tied in the huge $1 rewards in with establishing your own color in the discord server... because people like that shit.

Was planning on trying to reactive and explaining my status, the patreon/etc for the Winterfest. But then in about a 24 hour span, HoA officers booted me without even so much as talking to me beforehand, and GMs released their own discord server... So, basically the culmination of what I was trying to bring to the game ripped away from me, and a potential reward tier for begging for donations removed. It was going to be an uphill battle to try to come back, and honestly... it's not worth it, for pretty much every reason Dreaven pointed out already. Like most of us, there's a ton of good Steam games in my library that I've already bought, and a lot of good F2P games out there. It's not worth pinching pennies or pissing off debtors more to keep the sub open.

I've been transitioning everything off.
    *I asked Kranar to remove my moderator status (complete). Proposed someone else, but don't know if he followed that recommendation or not.
    *Other forums account was deleted. You'll see some nice guest posts over there now.
    *Unofficial Discord (which was renamed 3 weeks ago), I 'archived' all the text threads, added a link to other discord, gave the server to an active GM. Dunno if they deleted it or just kept it, don't care.
    *Left all Simu-related Discord servers, curbed Discord friend lists, so I think only 4 people from Gemstone can contact me via Discord anymore... I think only one person I knew had mutual servers outside of them.
    *Left the Steam Groups for Gemstone/Simu. I think I had mod of the Gemstone one, but it persists without me... not like those even matter anyway.
    *I was planning on transitioning Youtube videos to Dreaven, but I think his interest level is about the same as mine. Let me know if you want them, otherwise I'll likely just delete them next week.
    *Guides, in their most recent, some non-released forms, were given to GMs in .docx documents. I don't know if they want or plan to do anything with them, but they're in their hands.
    *TERA guild for Gemstone players transitioned to a new owner.

For the character, the plans are as follows:
    *His FWI shop is set to be auto-repoed on 1/6/2018. I will need to reactivate to transition to a new person.
    *His project piece is being gifted to someone that can work with the holders of the 9/10x enchanting potions that I previously went in on purchasing.
    *Need to pick up that SimuCon giftbox from forever ago
    *Following those two. Whirlin will be transitioned to a new owner. In discussions with the new owner, since the character, gear, skills are built around being an archer-mage, there was value in having his gear: bow/quiver/enhancives/self-chargers in tact.
    *No plans for the other characters at this time

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Fuck him. It's just more attention seeking behavior like those people who leave dramatic FB posts about how they won't be on FB anymore.

If you're going to quit, just man up and quit. Sell your shit, close your accounts and go. No need to cry crocodile tears over how the corporation is taking away from your power as a player and blah blah blah.

Typical bullshit talking tough guy who's really just a sensitive snowflake crying on the inside and looking to his computer screen for validation in a meaningless life.
    Fuck off dude, this isn't a politics topic.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

he said crocodile tears, hehehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Fuck off dude, this isn't a politics topic.
    Kiss my ass Taernath and fuck you too. I have no patience respect or tolerance for these tough guy PC bitches and their feelings. If tg wants to quit then just quit. I give zero fucks but am amused by his "cry for help".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I also took my guides down at this point because hosting them in the wiki was a shitty decision. Wikis are better for collaboration, not single-contributor documents. I didn't like others editing them, their control over stating whether or not they would persist there, etc. Many were out dated, and having them there sucked.

Was planning on trying to reactive and explaining my status, the patreon/etc for the Winterfest. But then in about a 24 hour span, HoA officers booted me without even so much as talking to me beforehand, and GMs released their own discord server... So, basically the culmination of what I was trying to bring to the game ripped away from me, and a potential reward tier for begging for donations removed.
    That sucks. Were the usual suspects editing/threatening to take down your guides?

The new discord is just a vehicle for the Simucon crowd to ERP with GMs, if it makes you feel any better.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.