Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting GS

1. Default

Whirlin, I've already stated as much on this matter, especially since i wasn't around for the CIA-esque coup, but it was totally uncool how this was handled and they really souls have had a discussion with you regarding everything.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

lol @ HOA kicking out whirlin. I guess there really is no honor among thieves. Funny how the story suddenly changes from "we had extended conversations with the GMs about the lag and it turned out it was guild night" and now its all "Omg it happened without any warning and even though we min/max the shit out of everything, we still failed to do what 4 mixed level people who dont even get full credit for each kill can do in 2 hours!"
    Why dont you try and stick with one story instead of playing victim because you made 999 silvers instead 1001 per second or whatever other number crunching shit gets you down.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I wasn't going to go into it... but, I guess I'll piggyback off of Dreaven's thread.

Yeah, I initially left two months ago following the drama around Wednesday night Reim + Guild night Lag, when GMs (without reaching out to us once) nerfed Reim to no more than 5 creatures spawning in a room regardless of participants. They did not inform/discuss/or try to work with us on the change, and we had a shitty night where people didn't cap scrip in two hours... and then after wasting our time came to talk to us unscheduled. A little consideration could have gone a long way.

This was really a catalyst for a variety of health, financial, and family obligations that I was having. I also took my guides down at this point because hosting them in the wiki was a shitty decision. Wikis are better for collaboration, not single-contributor documents. I didn't like others editing them, their control over stating whether or not they would persist there, etc. Many were out dated, and having them there sucked.

Given the financial/health insurance out of pocket maximums, I decided to start taking my old guides and transitioning them to a patreon. Somewhere that I had more control over the content, better management than something like a google site, and I could ask for donations to help alleviate the stupidly high subscription costs, because I wasn't going to dedicate all that money to them when I had better, competing priorities. I rewrote the wizard guide, performed new analysis of ELR breakpoints/whatnot, was in the midst of reestablishing methodology for the Sorcerer guide. I also tied in the huge $1 rewards in with establishing your own color in the discord server... because people like that shit.

Was planning on trying to reactive and explaining my status, the patreon/etc for the Winterfest. But then in about a 24 hour span, HoA officers booted me without even so much as talking to me beforehand, and GMs released their own discord server... So, basically the culmination of what I was trying to bring to the game ripped away from me, and a potential reward tier for begging for donations removed. It was going to be an uphill battle to try to come back, and honestly... it's not worth it, for pretty much every reason Dreaven pointed out already. Like most of us, there's a ton of good Steam games in my library that I've already bought, and a lot of good F2P games out there. It's not worth pinching pennies or pissing off debtors more to keep the sub open.

I've been transitioning everything off.
    *I asked Kranar to remove my moderator status (complete). Proposed someone else, but don't know if he followed that recommendation or not.
    *Other forums account was deleted. You'll see some nice guest posts over there now.
    *Unofficial Discord (which was renamed 3 weeks ago), I 'archived' all the text threads, added a link to other discord, gave the server to an active GM. Dunno if they deleted it or just kept it, don't care.
    *Left all Simu-related Discord servers, curbed Discord friend lists, so I think only 4 people from Gemstone can contact me via Discord anymore... I think only one person I knew had mutual servers outside of them.
    *Left the Steam Groups for Gemstone/Simu. I think I had mod of the Gemstone one, but it persists without me... not like those even matter anyway.
    *I was planning on transitioning Youtube videos to Dreaven, but I think his interest level is about the same as mine. Let me know if you want them, otherwise I'll likely just delete them next week.
    *Guides, in their most recent, some non-released forms, were given to GMs in .docx documents. I don't know if they want or plan to do anything with them, but they're in their hands.
    *TERA guild for Gemstone players transitioned to a new owner.

For the character, the plans are as follows:
    *His FWI shop is set to be auto-repoed on 1/6/2018. I will need to reactivate to transition to a new person.
    *His project piece is being gifted to someone that can work with the holders of the 9/10x enchanting potions that I previously went in on purchasing.
    *Need to pick up that SimuCon giftbox from forever ago
    *Following those two. Whirlin will be transitioned to a new owner. In discussions with the new owner, since the character, gear, skills are built around being an archer-mage, there was value in having his gear: bow/quiver/enhancives/self-chargers in tact.
    *No plans for the other characters at this time
    quoting this for giggling over later

i hate to see ya go Dreaven , i will miss the spell ups and running into mostly the entire game at the table . That being said i have a few comments about everything thats been said in this thread .

#1 -- I REALLY hope the Gemstone shutting down in a few years is just a comment based on fear . If Gemstone was to shut down i would be selling all my computer stuff the very next day . Since Gemstone is the only reason i got a computer back in 2005
    and have got 3 new towers since then . Granted this last tower with badass video card i got for playing " Elder Scrolls Online " and " Star Wars : The Old Republic " . Both i have stopped playing like 3 years ago . If Gemstone ever does shut down ill be selling the computer and cancelling my internet right after , so PLEASE dont ever shut down Gemstone , i would miss everyone too much !!

#2--- If Gemstone really does shut down what will i do for my yearly vacation if there is no more SIMUCON to go to ? That week is the hightlight of the year for me !! Its the only time i can talk about my one true love in this world (Gemstone ) .

#3 --- I dont mind the pay to win events , i just wish that the items in these events was things i would like to have . I have never seen a item in said events that i like that was even semi affordable to me . The items i have wanted to get in those events was
    either raffles/auctions where only 1-3 people will get it , or many avaible but price is like 200m silvers or up . Since i have never had over 75m at one time those items have always been out of reach fer me . I still love doing pay events like DR Arena and EG .
    That being said Summit Academy is more or less a pointless event to me and will not be attending it again this time but VERY much looking forward to the next DR !! I even already have 10k blood script and a 50 run Arena booklet ready to go , just hoping
    I will be able to afford a nice item/service this time instead of just buying a epic deepening or outright selling my Blood script due to no good items/services to buy .

#4--- People are saying that premium and Plat are over priced fer what you get . I agree with the Platinum part being that there is only like 10 people in Plat and yet they seem to get more very rare services/items/whatever for a part of the game that really
    dont count/matter . As far as Premium goes i disagree entirely !! I think Premium is the best deal of the entire game . We get 16 char slots anf FWI and even Premium only merchants/services/festivals . If they made the platinum point able to transfer
    into premium points i would upgrade to plat just to get the extra 100 premium points a month . Maybe if a GM reads this they could maybe make that happen . If so i would upgrade to plat in a heartbeat and pay another 10 bucks a month , im sure im not
    the only one that would do so .

#5 --- Im rather enjoying the silvers price right now since they are affordable at 5 bucks per . If i was sitting on million and millions i would maybe complain but since im always broke in the game im able to actually buy silvers right now .

That seems to be all i can think of right now . I hope some of this input helps it mostly likely wont even be read since i am who i am and people tend to ignore me.

Hoodie
    I started out with nothing , and I still have most of it left !

I just wanted to address the gemstone shutdown in five years thing. It's a gross mischaracterization. A corporation has to place values on its assets for accounting, depreciation, financial analysis, and investor relations purposes. So the investor documents did mention an assessed five year "useful life" for GS, which is really just the company's own estimate on how much the GS asset is worth as a revenue generating asset.

Imagine trying to market value that 1992 Ford Bronco with 278,000 miles on it. In the used car market, it's completely worthless. But you can keep it running another 100,000 miles since you're a decent mechanic and can keep it running at minimal cost. So it's really not worth zero dollars to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoodtralfeck View Post
    #4--- ...As far as Premium goes i disagree entirely !! I think Premium is the best deal of the entire game . We get 16 char slots anf FWI and even Premium only merchants/services/festivals .
    And for only triple or more the monthly subscription cost for other games, which also gives you access to all of the content. What a steal!

If GS were to shut down, I'd be concerned about the well-being of the individuals who have basically turned the game into, or greater than their real lives. Like Hood mentioning he would just disconnect from the internet. People just need to understand that at the end of everything, it's just a game. It's basically an elaborate board game. Additionally, it's hard to not see some of the rigged contests and raffles that go on. I've seen merchants point to someone and then turn their spinner on them, I've also seen legacy players make comments like "good choice" out in the open when raffles are drawn. It's not to say there aren't any righteous raffles or contests, but I'm seen my fair share of questionable actions...but in the end, maybe I'm just as crazy. This is also why I don't plan on doing any additional paid events going forward.

On topic, I'm sad to see Dreavenings go because it does help tremendously where hunting earlier is concerned. But the game should never become more than what it is, a game and when the game stops being interesting, you should just be able to pick up and go.

Hahaha see you in 6 months, ya fuckin loser
    [LNet]-GSIV:Nitefallz: "wait whats a poop sock"

[Merchant]-GSIV:Skoll: "Some say the customer is always right, some say the customer is a bitch ass loser and needs to shut up"

[Private]-GSIV:Warclaidh: "what is booty percs"

I'd quit but I have an enchanting project going. :/

Yeah I wanna quit too, but I'm level 92.75