Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting GS

OMG...about time some srs darmas finally happened. Got my Christmas present early this year!!!11

See you both in a couple of months.
    Last edited by Fortybox; 12-15-2017 at 01:04 AM.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I just saw the new star wars movie.
    Why do you think anyone cares?

**BREEP BREEP BREEP** This is a Wrathbringer Red Alert. **BREEP BREEP BREEP** Candor just posted something **BREEP BREEP BREEP**
    **BREEP BREEP BREEP** This is a Wrathbringer Red Alert. **BREEP BREEP BREEP** Candor just posted something **BREEP BREEP BREEP**

Last edited by Candor; 12-15-2017 at 08:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Why do you think anyone cares?

I care.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Why do I just keep shitting myself? Is it because I'm retarded?

**BREEP BREEP BREEP** This is a PC Red Alert. **BREEP BREEP BREEP** Candor just sharted again **BREEP BREEP BREEP**
    **BREEP BREEP BREEP** This is a PC Red Alert. **BREEP BREEP BREEP** Candor just sharted again **BREEP BREEP BREEP**
    Yeah, you maybe oughtta see a doctor about that...

Last edited by Wrathbringer; 12-15-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JendrykGaming View Post
    I enjoyed the banter in chat and seeing folks who I'd otherwise not run into very often at the Wayside.
    Yeah, I'll really miss this. GS characters and players don't come together for much of anything because of our different interests, but light-speed spellups and armor adjustments brought together more of the community than anything else. And that was even before he added imbeds, loresinging, roshambo, Cards Against Humanity... talk about something for everyone.

Too bad to see Dreaven and Whirlin go. I haven't been very thrilled about the direction of the game the last couple years, either.

Not very interested in picking apart or elaborating on any of the personal details that went into these decisions, except one...

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I also took my guides down at this point because hosting them in the wiki was a shitty decision. Wikis are better for collaboration, not single-contributor documents. I didn't like others editing them, their control over stating whether or not they would persist there, etc. Many were out dated, and having them there sucked.
    Mainly because it got a typical "oh those evil wiki mods" replies:

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That sucks. Were the usual suspects editing/threatening to take down your guides?
    Whirlin ported his guides to gswiki during the new Player Guide Contest, and was selected among the winners, despite an extensive amount of said wiki work being moving existing guides to the wiki and overall not very collaborative.

Never had any issues with Whirlin concerning the wiki myself which I can recall, particularly as his approach was rather reasonable (i.e. not trying to commandeer general pages as his own etc). Still, let's be objective and note that the guides were put up during a contest, he was selected among winners, and got rewards, and took them down a couple years later. If anyone wants to add a dash of subjective "usual suspects" on the wiki, pfffft.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldonis View Post
    Mainly because it got a typical "oh those evil wiki mods" replies:
    I take it your ears were burning, Kaldonis? I'm sorry you can't accept that there is a moderating problem on the wiki.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

So Whirlin was rewarded for entering those guides and STILL ran away with his ball to try and make money off it? Wow, thats SUPER fucked up.

I missed the part about trying to make money off his guides. Can someone TLDR the part I missed?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    So Whirlin was rewarded for entering those guides and STILL ran away with his ball to try and make money off it? Wow, thats SUPER fucked up.
    That wasn't my point. But I guess I shouldn't be surprised that GMs, in-game player organizations, and even the nebulous wiki team gets thrown under the bus in these kinds of threads a bit rashly.

Whirlin was always cool with me, and I'm genuinely sad to see him go.