Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting GS

Default Quitting GS

I know, we've been here before.

I also know, "Why you making a 'I'm quitting' post? No one cares!"

But let's face it, I'm kind of a big deal.

This is actually a decision I have been mulling for quite some time now.

My enjoyment of the game has been in the crapper for about a year. I kept going because the Dreavening service and getting so many people together in one place really kept the game alive for me for a while so I started focusing more on that. While totally paying attention to all of my characters while they hunted (for reals!) I would work on the Dreavening spell up script and adding new services, adding new achievements and stats that people seem to enjoy, adding in Roshambo tournaments and Cards Against Humanity to try and keep things fresh while everyone waited for the spells to start, and etc etc.

It seems crazy to spend almost 200 dollars a month on a game that one does not enjoy that much. And that is true. That's where selling silvers came into play. Contrary to popular belief I was not making bank off of selling silvers in GS, some months I was lucky to even break even after factoring in my monthly subscription fees. Then when the silver market crashed and I had to practically beg someone to buy my silvers at 5 dollars per I realized my choices were either A) Play this game that I'm not enjoying much even more to help recoup my monthly fees or B) Pay more money out of my own pocket every month for a game I'm not enjoying that much.

So, yes, the silver economy crashing and my non-existent faith in the GMs to actually revive it or help prop it up played a factor in this decision. In fact they seem to actively be trying to destroy the silver economy in my opinion.

This actually ended up with me playing the game even less because I was already not having much fun and now faced with the prospect of paying more and more money to have less and less fun. It got to the point where I mostly just afked out at a table and was just checking my computer every hour or so to see if it was time to do another Dreavening.

Eventually I had the idea to setup a Patreon to see if this could help recoup some of my monthly costs. At this point I was already pretty much just sitting at a table afk all day so I wasn't making much silvers at all. So this worked for a while, and again contrary to popular belief I never received enough money through Patreon to pay for my monthly fees. Never. And this is the fourth month my Patreon has been running. I'm not saying this to make people who enjoyed my Dreavenings feel bad for not donating more, I'm just clarifying because some people seem to think I was "making money" off of GS via Patreon. I wish. If I was just breaking even off of Patreon I would probably keep my accounts open and just keep doing what I'm doing. But I can no longer justify paying this much money for a game I don't really enjoy all that much anymore and quite frankly don't even play much...and no smart asses I don't mean because I was scripting so much I wasn't "playing" it to begin with, I mean I'm not even scripting it anymore. My characters pretty much sit at a table all day these days while I'm off doing other stuff.

Just so people don't get the idea that I'm only doing this to guilt people into donating to my Patreon I will be closing down my Patreon shortly as well.

There are other factors that played into this decision. I don't like the general direction the game is going, more and more pay events etc. I don't like the GMs' apparent desire to want to control all outside discussions of this game (taking over the wiki, trying to get everyone to move over to a new official-unofficial forum, starting their own Discord server to replace the player ran one, etc.)

Even my interests on these forums have waned over the past several months. I know a lot of people associate me with the political folder but I used to be pretty active in the GS part of the forums as well. These days I mostly just pay attention to the political folder because I like to discuss politics and even though I apparently make people cry with my truthiness I enjoy discussing politics because I like seeing other people's opinions on matters, whether I agree with them or not.

If this isn't juicy enough for some people here are some suggested rumors you can spread:

Dreaven is quitting because he got caught afk scripting.

Dreaven is quitting because the GMs said he couldn't have a Patreon anymore.

Dreaven is quitting because he's no longer making 10,000 dollars a month selling silvers.

Also if anyone is interested in buying my entire crew for say 10,000 dollars let me know. I'll even throw in all of my Dreavening scripts!

Blog Entries

TLDR: Tgo is quitting because Roy Moore lost.

3. Default

Dreaven is quitting because he is going to DRAGONREALMS.

Blog Entries

You can always come play ESO with me though.

5. Default

To clarify I don't think simu opening the discord had jack to do with control, Whirlin rage quit, then he got pissed off over more drama and really quit when he was supposedly about to come back. Right after that is when the official discord thing happened, literally right after. I could go into more on that but I don't feel like bringing out more drama. I would also argue certain players were trying to drag the gm's onto the new forum, and considering at least one post I saw on here with the stupid shit storm tossed at one of the gm's it's no wonder they don't come on here.

That being said it's going to be harsh without you running dreavenings. It made life easier for a lot of people.
    Last edited by Fyrentennimar; 12-14-2017 at 05:10 AM.

Blog Entries

Whirlin rage quit?

7. Default

Supposedly done done, in any event it makes sense for a company to be running an official discord if they are going to use discord. I doubt they suddenly said screw all you guys, you can't have a player run discord about our game. I mean I could be wrong and they did but I doubt it.

I see where dreaven is coming from. I'm starting to get very irked by all these pay2win events as well. Its gone overboard. And there's upcoming changes like the new fusion which just completely sucks with no player benefit - why making changes that pisses people off rather than create fun and excitement.

9. Default

I would say they do both, it kind of depends on the gm, and the fact they out right said they don't communicate between departments. The people doing one thing don't talk to the people doing the other thing and no real oversight. Then you have a qc department who dont seem to really be on the same page as the players. So we get some cool exciting things mixed with some very shitty things, then there is constant last minute changes, backtracking, messyness. Wyrom needs to to knock the everyone doing what they want crap off. If they all just really communicated and got the same page it would improve things a lot.
    Last edited by Fyrentennimar; 12-14-2017 at 06:25 AM.

I thought you quit?