Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting GS

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    For the people laughing at Dreaven or Whirlin, there's a concept they don't understand and I think it's generational.

A company, a community, a family, a sport team is 2 things: the people, and the loud (or leader). In this case, gemstone is losing not one but two leaders. Two people that put part of their personnality in the community. Two people that took risk, that tried to help others with their knowledge. Two people that were in front of the parade, not within. That's why they get critics at this moment, weak people shit on leaders but they won't take their place cause they don't have what it takes to be a real leader, someone that build something and not only to shit on it (because they're envious).

In gs3, when big, strong, loud, intelligent leaders left, there was a bit of gemstone dying. Every big name that left buried a bit more gs into its grave. The game changed and survived but is not what it was. It lacked what was strong in the past: dynamism.

The golden age has passed and it's been a while.

The people that are leaving, right now were fighters trying to not only make the game better but trying to make the game survivre more.

I salute you, Dreaven, Whirlin. For me, you were part of the reasons I like this game and your departure pains me for real.

Hope everything you will be doing with the time you put here will be as signifiant.

Quote Originally Posted by csaltt View Post
    Pretty melodramatic don't ya think? And no, none of this is generational unless you're making the point that the boys are acting like the millennial stereotype. This whole thing carries way less import than you're assigning it.
    You're pretty stupid. And salty. And cunty. Like a salty cunty stupid person.
    Last edited by Methais; 12-17-2017 at 11:56 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post

The golden age has passed and it's been a while.
    I've heard this a bunch of times. I started in 1995. You have a generation that is entirely gone that was Genie 1992-1994 and while people respect that for it's rarity it's kind of grown into a myth. A lot of people are like 1998 when 2000 people were on nightly was the golden age and I disagree again. It really comes down to storytelling, which is what this game does best. Each of us is an individual hero so when people bring up WoW when we're just a DPS/Heal/Tank cog and we're replaceable Gemstone IV seems to trump that and actually make us an important piece or an actual person. 2006-2008 was a legit tough time for the game, but honestly since 2010 the game has been pretty spectacular when you look at it from the lens of it's entire existence.

I've actually considered 2010-2016 the best gaming years in my experience. Likely based on the activity, flow, expansion of combat areas, mechanics and then finally, the storytelling.

2017 I've just had less free time.

Whirlin was a big contributor. Dreavenings had some mixed feelings, but both were active members of the community. You never want to lose players, but people, as a cycle, stop playing, take breaks, return or quit. It's just the nature of the beast. These two just happened to share their reasons and feelings of why. It's feedback that is true or false depending on the listener.

-Geijon

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    I've heard this a bunch of times. I started in 1995. You have a generation that is entirely gone that was Genie 1992-1994 and while people respect that for it's rarity it's kind of grown into a myth. A lot of people are like 1998 when 2000 people were on nightly was the golden age and I disagree again. It really comes down to storytelling, which is what this game does best. Each of us is an individual hero so when people bring up WoW when we're just a DPS/Heal/Tank cog and we're replaceable Gemstone IV seems to trump that and actually make us an important piece or an actual person. 2006-2008 was a legit tough time for the game, but honestly since 2010 the game has been pretty spectacular when you look at it from the lens of it's entire existence.

I've actually considered 2010-2016 the best gaming years in my experience. Likely based on the activity, flow, expansion of combat areas, mechanics and then finally, the storytelling.

2017 I've just had less free time.

Whirlin was a big contributor. Dreavenings had some mixed feelings, but both were active members of the community. You never want to lose players, but people, as a cycle, stop playing, take breaks, return or quit. It's just the nature of the beast. These two just happened to share their reasons and feelings of why. It's feedback that is true or false depending on the listener.

-Geijon
    Nah...some people are good for the community and some are bad. Whirlin's head was too big and he needed to go. Dreaven just needs to get over his snit and come back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Maybe I'm missing some context here but I don't get the snide remarks these two are getting.
    Just personal grudges coming out of the woodwork.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Nah...some people are good for the community and some are bad. Whirlin's head was too big and he needed to go. Dreaven just needs to get over his snit and come back.
    Basically "I didn't personally like them and I'm glad they're gone." No one "needed" to go. This game can't have people leaving it. You're simply showing your jealousy.
    Last edited by Gelston; 12-18-2017 at 09:38 AM.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Geijon View Post
    There are still a very few of us around from the Genie days.

You're right it comes down to the storytelling, and GS has done it well from the beginning - especially the room descriptions which paint the scenery very well. Players have become so immersed in the game that it became the number one priority in their lives, even over marriages and careers. GS player history would likely make for a good book with a good writer and some research.
    Last edited by Candor; 12-18-2017 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post

You're right it comes down to the storytelling, and GS has done it well from the beginning - especially the room descriptions which paint the scenery very well. Players have become so immersed in the game that it became the number one priority in their lives, even over marriages and careers. GS player history would likely make for a good book with a good writer and some research.
    Chapter 1: I want a broadsword!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post

take a poop, candork.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    take a poop, candork.
    Yeah yeah yeah..."you're retarded" or "take a dump" - pretty much all you can think of to insult someone.
    Last edited by Candor; 12-18-2017 at 03:12 PM.