Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting GS

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    That's the sense I got as well as for Whirlin. Why can't people just play the game to enjoy it rather than becoming overly involved with it?
    GS is lyf, bro.

Didn't realize so many people were jealous of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Did ya get busted for scriptz?

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I'd be if you completed ;rogue

5. Default

For the people laughing at Dreaven or Whirlin, there's a concept they don't understand and I think it's generational.

A company, a community, a family, a sport team is 2 things: the people, and the loud (or leader). In this case, gemstone is losing not one but two leaders. Two people that put part of their personnality in the community. Two people that took risk, that tried to help others with their knowledge. Two people that were in front of the parade, not within. That's why they get critics at this moment, weak people shit on leaders but they won't take their place cause they don't have what it takes to be a real leader, someone that build something and not only to shit on it (because they're envious).

In gs3, when big, strong, loud, intelligent leaders left, there was a bit of gemstone dying. Every big name that left buried a bit more gs into its grave. The game changed and survived but is not what it was. It lacked what was strong in the past: dynamism.

The golden age has passed and it's been a while.

The people that are leaving, right now were fighters trying to not only make the game better but trying to make the game survivre more.

I salute you, Dreaven, Whirlin. For me, you were part of the reasons I like this game and your departure pains me for real.

Hope everything you will be doing with the time you put here will be as signifiant.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    I think this is the start of something much bigger. I know many of you here harbor similar feelings but are unable to express them for one reason or another. But both tgo and Whirlin leaving is going to be an inflection point. I would even go so far as to say that by Christmas of next year the game will average 250~300 prime time. (including alts etc.)
    I totally agree with you.

Maybe I'm missing some context here but I don't get the snide remarks these two are getting. Only reason I ever got back into GS was because I stumbled onto one of Whirlin's youtube videos, read his guides, found this forum. Both undeniably contributed to growing the community, and I think, survival of the game itself. Kudos to you and best of luck in whatever is next.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Why can't people just play the game to enjoy it rather than becoming overly involved with it?
    I'd guess it's because those people who become overly involved with it want more from the game than what the game currently offers. Whether it's mechanical, roleplay, information, or other things, they feel like they can contribute to that part of the game that is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Both undeniably contributed to growing the community, and I think, survival of the game itself. Kudos to you and best of luck in whatever is next.
    Whole-heartedly agreed. No matter how or why Dreaven and Whirlin are getting out now, they both contributed to the game and community, and I also hope for the best of luck for both of them.
    ~ Just another Crazy Cat Lady, living the life. ~
    ~ Player of Cylnthia Kythnis Ardenai, and plenty of others. ~
    ~ Have something to say to me? Tell me anonymously! ~

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Maybe I'm missing some context here but I don't get the snide remarks these two are getting. Only reason I ever got back into GS was because I stumbled onto one of Whirlin's youtube videos, read his guides, found this forum. Both undeniably contributed to growing the community, and I think, survival of the game itself. Kudos to you and best of luck in whatever is next.
    Yep..this

Quote Originally Posted by Murrandii View Post
    For the people laughing at Dreaven or Whirlin, there's a concept they don't understand and I think it's generational.

A company, a community, a family, a sport team is 2 things: the people, and the loud (or leader). In this case, gemstone is losing not one but two leaders. Two people that put part of their personnality in the community. Two people that took risk, that tried to help others with their knowledge. Two people that were in front of the parade, not within. That's why they get critics at this moment, weak people shit on leaders but they won't take their place cause they don't have what it takes to be a real leader, someone that build something and not only to shit on it (because they're envious).

In gs3, when big, strong, loud, intelligent leaders left, there was a bit of gemstone dying. Every big name that left buried a bit more gs into its grave. The game changed and survived but is not what it was. It lacked what was strong in the past: dynamism.

The golden age has passed and it's been a while.

The people that are leaving, right now were fighters trying to not only make the game better but trying to make the game survivre more.

I salute you, Dreaven, Whirlin. For me, you were part of the reasons I like this game and your departure pains me for real.

Hope everything you will be doing with the time you put here will be as signifiant.
    Pretty melodramatic don't ya think? And no, none of this is generational unless you're making the point that the boys are acting like the millennial stereotype. This whole thing carries way less import than you're assigning it.