Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Exit Strategy

Yes it does work with EMC. My goal was to create a dwarven sorcerer with max spirit regen, max spirit, 202 Necro, 200 EMC (is I think what was needed), 515SK, and a rot flare stave with max Mana flares.

What I had been doing with the sorcerer was running around tagging mobs with either 701/702/705.

The silent flare was actually killing the mobs for the most part. So all I would do is just run around tagging mobs with a 1 second cast time. With the Mana cost, regen and spirit I could stay out hunting almost indefinitely.

Just tag and run...the XP would just come in as critters decayed.

Sounds terrible to some but it was something to do.

Couple that with a 10x DB and some PCP armor and it was fun...well to me.

I started doing some serious calculations toward fame chasing. With that character design and items it quickly became obvious that topping the fame list was achievable with a young character in a reasonable time frame.

Probably some flaws in it but I was having fun. Always enjoyed that aspect of the game.

That is cool. Though if you were just tagging and running, the 515 is partially wasted - it would only matter if you found a new critter within 3 seconds after the one you just tagged.

Before you clear out all this stuff, go fry with rapidfire 703. Still only takes a few minutes with 515/rotflares and is lulzy enough that anyone with the capability should do it once. (Log with old 515: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...94#post1813694)
    [LNet]-GSIV:Glaves: "Dergoatean is swedish for Stillfront"

Quote Originally Posted by Nosimaj View Post
    Yes it does work with EMC. My goal was to create a dwarven sorcerer with max spirit regen, max spirit, 202 Necro, 200 EMC (is I think what was needed), 515SK, and a rot flare stave with max Mana flares.

What I had been doing with the sorcerer was running around tagging mobs with either 701/702/705.

The silent flare was actually killing the mobs for the most part. So all I would do is just run around tagging mobs with a 1 second cast time. With the Mana cost, regen and spirit I could stay out hunting almost indefinitely.

Just tag and run...the XP would just come in as critters decayed.

Sounds terrible to some but it was something to do.

Couple that with a 10x DB and some PCP armor and it was fun...well to me.
    You could probably just spam 702 and almost never run out of mana. Even before 515 got nerfed it took me a while to run out spamming 502. I had Mana Leech, but not wracking or Dwarf spirit gen so I'm not sure how those would compare, but I'd guess fairly close. With nerfed 515 though it takes forever to run out. And 502 isn't nearly as good of an attack spell as 702 is. Spamming Minor Steam for 4 mana per cast lasts a pretty long time too.

I started doing some serious calculations toward fame chasing. With that character design and items it quickly became obvious that topping the fame list was achievable with a young character in a reasonable time frame.

Probably some flaws in it but I was having fun. Always enjoyed that aspect of the game.
    How young of a character are you talking? Fame is pretty garbage until higher levels.

515 definitely helps when you're trying to top the fame list though...
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Around 90. To me the benefit was just using a 1 or 2 Mana spell to get a single kill.

My logic was if i could get 45 casts on 45 different critters that's at least 40500 fame (low balling @ 900 fame) per 60 seconds for 45 Mana. In a four hour day that's 9,720,000 fame per day.

That's 291.6 million in 30 days.

My initial tests seemed to be proving it. Even if you half my numbers I still thought it was pretty decent. Decent enough to give it a college try.

The kill potential with a rotflares stave with 202 necro is severely underestimated.

Nerdom!!!! I hope we iron out the sale of this thing and this person gets to try it out my theory.

Who knows though my math might be off or the cost per kill might not be right but it seemed to be falling true.

5. Default

The fame grind sucks. I did it for like 120m fame and got burnt out.

Quote Originally Posted by poison_Owns View Post
    The fame grind sucks. I did it for like 120m fame and got burnt out.
    Fame list is about to have a new leader pretty soon. This person also has a very large penis.
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by poison_Owns View Post

Last edited by Methais; 02-03-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Listed the third & fourth items. Not sure on pricing yet as stated above I hope to have it updated this weekend.

6x Enchant
    10x Acuity
    T-5 Ensorcelling
    Rot Flares

5x Enchant
    T-4 Nervestaff
    +5 Mana Flaring
    T-5 Ensorcelling
    Rot Flares

Listed my armor (fifth item).

8x Enchant
    T-3 Ensorcelling
    8#
    (2) Enhancive Orb Slots (empty)
    Phenomenally Crit Padded
    **Confirmed they are indeed double leather**
    Last edited by Nosimaj; 02-08-2018 at 02:31 PM.