Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: The State of Fusion Update

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    "The intent behind this change was so they could start allowing more fusion options than what's available currently. "

You mean the stated intent behind this case was so they could start allowing more fusion options than what's current available.

There is usually multiple intents behind an action, not just one. I think they are cherry picking the intent that has the best optics, and clearly you bought it hook line an sinker.

Even if the intent was noble (as you proposed), there is that phrase about the path to hell being paved with good intentions or some such (meaning who cares what the intentions is, more relevant is what system we are left which, which others noted is going to kind of suck).
    Hit the nail on the head. This mechanic change smells more about monetizing an aspect of the game by introducing merchant "x+y" to maintain enhancive bonuses, which I'm sure they'll find a way to automate and profit from Fair play to them as a business decision.

Suddenly happy my only fusion gear is a skinning knife.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

This takes the cake:

Prying out an orb takes no RT. If you're not sure pry out all your orbs before Saturday and then think about it afterwards. The damage check occurs upon removal, not insertion, so you will be able to re-add any orbs you pull at no risk if you need more time to think.

The location of the orb does not matter, it is simply a straight-line depreciation of bonus over a set time line.

Coase"
    So keeping it stored in your locker and a year later you get a crappy 50% orb...that's just inane

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Vote with your pocketbook. Never attend a fusion merch; never buy fusion SIMUCOIN items. They'll get the message. Apparently Wyrom works "off the numbers" which is completely inane and foolish (EA used numbers...) for something so social and fluid as video games, especially a tiny MMO where everyone essentially knows each other. But we'll see where this goes.
    Suck a dick, shit bag.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by zephyrii View Post
    This takes the cake:

So keeping it stored in your locker and a year later you get a crappy 50% orb...that's just inane
    No, old style orbs (which is everything in game right now) won’t worsen in your locker or at all, unless you get hit with a fumble (opting not to use a specific merchant if you need to remove) when removing an orb.

New orbs won’t be very attractive, but no one has one and is suffering a loss so they’ll get it cheap knowing it is a short lived bonus (for the most part unless another service done).

It!s kind of like perm and temp weight/padding but for enhancive with an ability to restore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Coase
    The only way that Tier 3 ("old-style") orbs gain Tier 2 ("new-style") functionality is if they are damaged. Otherwise, there are no auto-conversions or anything like that. Tier 3 orbs are still a valid and recognized part of the fusion system, but they simply won't be released via the Fusion Sanctum extractions anymore.

Coase
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

>How does this system work with +Spirit or +Spirit Regen? Lets say you have +1 to MAX SPIRIT, or +1 to Spirit Regeneration. How could that ever degrade over time? I would assume those items could never change over time?

As noted in the announcement recap, orbs with a starting bonus of 1 round down to zero (at 50%, which is fully degraded T2).

>How readily available will orb refurbishment be? Are we talking specialty merchants with limited releases or is it more like enchant unlocking where any merchant doing GALD is likely to be able to do it if asked?

Specialty merchant with limited releases.

>Will there be services (rare I imagine) that allow upgrading T2 orbs to T3? Is this something you're even considering?

This would be the equivalent of an auction level service.

>Any thoughts regarding allowing the use of Premium Points to refurbish fusion orbs?

Its unlikely to occur.

>Any thoughts on any automated systems for refurbishing T2 orbs (for example, high cost bounty points)?

Maybe, but its unlikely to occur in the near term.

>Will fusion orb creation (T2) from enhancive items be an automated service?

Yes, extracting orbs from items with the fusion shaman was and remains an automated service.

Coase

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    No, old style orbs (which is everything in game right now) won’t worsen in your locker or at all, unless you get hit with a fumble (opting not to use a specific merchant if you need to remove) when removing an orb.
    Yeah we know that. The new style fusion orbs however will degrade in your locker.

Blog Entries

>With the diminished state of fusion, is there any chance that the fusion shaman could be available in some manner of permanent capacity? The services to restore the orbs could still be locked behind festivals.

For all the orbs that currently exist, the main appreciable downtweak is a slightly higher recharge cost (which isn't a factor at all for those that use recharge potions rather than bounty points) and the fact that it is harder to swap orbs around at will. The current functionality of the items is otherwise undiminished. Extraction will remain a limited access service, but the door remains open for the distribution of orbs in a different manner though.

>So the price was already increased last year, which players noticed, and you're trying to raise the price yet again from the already increased base.

Oh, it looks like that change was already rolled in. So, no, the only effective change will be PRYing, then, as the recharge cost increase is already live.

Coase