Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: The State of Fusion Update

Blog Entries

Default Official: The State of Fusion Update

Quote Originally Posted by GM Coase
    As previously announced on 10/06/2016, the Fusion item system will be updated with a number of changes (see below for the recap). These changes will be released this Saturday (12/16/2017). If you want to pry out any orbs or recharge your fusion equipment under the current system, please do so by Friday 12/15/2017 23:59, in-game time.

As an addendum to the previously announced changes, the enhancive item enchanting/ensorcelling penalty will be based upon the number of orb slots that the fusion item carries (rather than its currently orbed enhancive properties), so it will no longer be necessary to pry out the orbs while the item is being upgraded.

Coase

Fusion will be separated into "old style" and "new style."

Old-style Fusion

Currently "old-style" has a chance to lose potency if pried too often, and will shatter when the bonus becomes 0. Moving forward, old-style orbs, when damaged, will become new-style orbs. This will result in the removal of the shattering chance (complete destruction of orbs). Instead pried-out orbs can be damaged. Damage chance of 5% when pried. Special merchant services will exist to allow for risk-free extraction in exchange for a fee.

New-style Fusion

New-style fusion will never degrade their potency when pried from fusion, but will degrade at a rate of 4% a month (real time) to a maximum degradation of 50%. For example, +10 would lose 0.4 bonus points per month (becoming effective only when a full -1 value is reached, so only after 3 months in the case of the +10 item would any degradation of the bonus actually occur). It would take 13 months to reach max degradation in most cases. Values of 1 would round down to 0.

New-style fusion orbs can be refurbished to full base bonus as a future merchant option.

Prying new-style orbs will have a chance to damage the orb, similar to old-style. When damaged it will uncap the max degradation (i.e. can degrade to zero in all cases). Further damage would increase degradation rate by 1% per month per damage cycle.

Fusion Recharging - Both Styles

Fusion items will cost 125% the value in BPs to recharge, or 150% in silvers (during that time of the year).

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, Fusion. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/3284/view/360
    Last edited by Fallen; 12-12-2017 at 06:50 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

the fusion change sucks. Glad I got out of fusion before this finally happened with a whole 3 days notice.

Yeah. It doesn't seem like it's worth bothering with to anyone but the most dedicated; if you want the absolute highest AS or CS (for example), you're going to jump through these new hoops to do it and maintain it.

Though, if you have old-style orbs already slotted, you can continue to recharge them normally - no?

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Though, if you have old-style orbs already slotted, you can continue to recharge them normally - no?
    At the new cost, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    At the new cost, yes.
    My fusion armor costs too much BPs to bother with that. I just charge it up with simucoin potions, which are subjectively less expensive.

Though, if I were good at micromanagement, I suppose it would be more cost-effective to use the rikelle scripts on the armor to turn it into a shirt, thus ending the use of enhancive charges after each hunt. At which point, spending BPs would probably be more cost-effective since they are not time limited. I'm just lazy...
    Last edited by Maerit; 12-12-2017 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    My fusion armor costs too much BPs to bother with that. I just charge it up with simucoin potions, which are subjectively less expensive.

Though, if I were good at micromanagement, I suppose it would be more cost-effective to use the rikelle scripts on the armor to turn it into a shirt, thus ending the use of enhancive charges after each hunt. At which point, spending BPs would probably be more cost-effective since they are not time limited. I'm just lazy...
    the enhancive pausers are cheap enough

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    the enhancive pausers are cheap enough
    And you get a bunch via boost. I think I have 400+ right now and haven't redeemed all of mine.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Lol, fushion shaman will be once every other year and spinner service for 25 people, like the WPS changes to "more common!" and "Any merchant can do it*!"

*as long as its 1 person for less than 2 points on any single weapon

Just more nerfing of the game to stretch out more microtransactions

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    Lol, fushion shaman will be once every other year and spinner service for 25 people, like the WPS changes to "more common!" and "Any merchant can do it*!"

*as long as its 1 person for less than 2 points on any single weapon

Just more nerfing of the game to stretch out more microtransactions
    I had the same thought Ordim.