Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5x Gem-Eating Runestaff

Default 5x Gem-Eating Runestaff

https://gswiki.play.net/Gem-eating_runestaff

From the great auction of 2016 - 5x. This gem-eating runestaff supports Joola Jewelry modifications, meaning its appearance can be altered and shows the gem that's presently in its setting. The various gems support Heat, Cold, Electric, Impact, and Vacuum flares as well as Acuity and Mana. Mana level is 3, and the acuity level is 6. Standard flare rate

a deep blue lor runestaff capped by a blue sapphire

You analyze your lor runestaff and sense that the item is largely free from merchant alteration restrictions.

The creator has also provided the following information:
    This item can be altered to have a LONG and a SHOW, but the show must accommodate either an inserted gem or an empty socket anywhere the gem is to be mentioned.

The merchant can also change the way the gem is attached. For example, you can have:
    capped by (a gemstone)
    topped by a carved (gemstone) heart

This item is currently set as follows:
    Description with no gem inset: a deep blue lor runestaff
    Description with a gem inset: a deep blue lor runestaff capped by a gemstone
    Custom show description: Coraesine runes spiral about the length of the runestaff to the gemstone that caps it.

This lor runestaff is unlocked. You sense you can CLEAN, POKE, and TILT it while a gem is inserted.

To insert a gem into the lor runestaff, hold the runestaff in one hand and a gem in the other, then PUSH runestaff.
    To remove a gem from the lor runestaff, hold the runestaff in one hand and nothing in the other, then PULL runestaff.

You might be able to have a talented merchant lighten the lor runestaff for you.
    >look rune
    Coraesine runes spiral about the length of the runestaff to the blue sapphire that caps it. It appears that a firm pull would unseat the sapphire.

You touch the crystal with one hand, your lor runestaff in the other hand. Tiny sparks of brilliant golden light dance across your runestaff. A blue beam shoots up from your runestaff toward the ceiling. A shrill, piercing note sounds, echoing through the room.

Gem Type Information
    Capable of Heat, Cold, Electric, Impact, and Vacuum flares as well as Acuity and Mana. Mana level is 3, and the acuity level is 6x (+30 AS or +18 CS.)

• Lightning: moonstone, opal (exception: fire opal)
    • Fire: fire opal, firestone, sapphires (exception: blue sapphire)
    • Cold: blue sapphire, gem (example: aquamarine gem, golden beryl gem)
    • Impact: stone, agate (example: turquoise stone, green malachite stone, mottled agate, frost agate )
    • Vacuum: quartz crystal
    • Mana: dreamstone, deathstone
    • Acuity: glimaerstone, deep purple amethyst, starstone

Auction will go once, twice and sold.

MB:10m
    CB: 13.5m zephyrii sold
    Last edited by Erous; 12-15-2017 at 07:10 PM.

2. Default

I'll open the door with a 10m bid on the gem-eater runestaff.
    I can be reached on the following
    Discord: grimreaper.1313
    [Formerly Grim Reaper#1313 until the great Discord name change of June 2023.]

11 mill

Question on this, as I don't see this addressed on the wiki page. Is there a lot of gem maintenance required? That is to say, theoretically can I drop a gem in and it will flare that one way forever? Or does the runestaff eventually consume the gem as the item name implies, and you have to replace the gem fairly regularly? I'm just trying to get a sense of how long a gem "lasts" in the runestaff, and if the answer is forever then that's a pretty cool item.

The gems do shatter and have to be replaced after awhile. I don't have the actual numbers as I haven't used it much to be honest. But here's a quote from the main, gem-eating weapon article:

The value of the gem tends to prolong the use (not a lot but a few extra swings) before shattering of said gem occurs.

So the value determines the duration but what duration that is, I just don't know.

Going once

12m

13m

Nithell Once

Would really be helpful to know how many flares it works for and such before bidding it up some more