Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: End Game Bow - Sighting?

Default End Game Bow - Sighting?

My ranger is 60th level right now, with 100 ranks ambush and fully 2x trained in perception. For foes around his level, he hits the eyes both open and from hiding quite often (4 out of 5 maybe?). However, against creatures 8 to 10 levels over his level, he misses the eyes enough that I'm wondering if I should think about getting his crossbow sighted.

For those archers who are capped, can you hit 110th level monsters in the eye reliably without sighting? Do you think sighting would help if not?

I can't speak for bows, but as someone who regularly hunts the scatter, (levels 100-115), missing your targets is pretty common even with optimal training when you're uphunting that much. I'm guessing that with hurling an axe I'm hitting the head when aiming about 70% of the time. Sighting isn't an option for me of course, and I'm glad of it as I'd rather have the weighting that I do have. Hey, maybe next week I can have both? WpS anyone?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

3. Default

Is there a point to uphunting if you're not capped? You get to fried like 3 minutes faster?

Sighting is weighting. I don't think it reduces EBP or lets you hit a spot better.

It just adds crit to when it hits. Being puncture damage that is especially useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Comodus View Post
    Is there a point to uphunting if you're not capped? You get to fried like 3 minutes faster?
    Challenge, loot, fame.

6. Default

EBP can be deadly if you're an offensive build. you're counting on that stun or leg shot to incapacitate sux when you're stuck in mstrike rt holding your twohander and a prayer that you don't get hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Sighting is weighting. I don't think it reduces EBP or lets you hit a spot better.

It just adds crit to when it hits. Being puncture damage that is especially useful.
    Per the wiki:

"Sighting is the ranged version of critical weighting. It follows the same scale as crit and damage weighting (i.e. 10 points is "heavy" sighting). Unlike critical weighting, however, sighting helps hit targets more accurately rather than increasing the crit rank of a wound."

https://gswiki.play.net/Sighting

Actually it does allow you to hit the spot better, but there are limits. From the Wiki:

Sighting is the ranged version of critical weighting. It follows the same scale as crit and damage weighting (i.e. 10 points is "heavy" sighting). Unlike critical weighting, however, sighting helps hit targets more accurately rather than increasing the crit rank of a wound.
    Read more here, good luck Tenser, I think you'll find that there is a diminishing return.

https://gswiki.play.net/Sighting
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Ah right, I just went off the assess.

Ah right, I just went off the assess.
    Yeah, the assessment is a bit deceptive, maybe that will get rectified with the upcoming assessment improvements! Also, there really isn't that much information on the wiki about how it works and what the limitations are.
    Last edited by Archigeek; 09-01-2017 at 01:46 PM.