Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Sorcerers were EZ mode though. Stay in guarded and cast 702 (which could crit kill) all day. Growing pains hurt, but sorcerers are in a good place now.
    Eh, sorcs are still EZ mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Sorcerers were EZ mode though. Stay in guarded and cast 702 (which could crit kill) all day. Growing pains hurt, but sorcerers are in a good place now.
    That stuff just sort of highlights the problems I have with how Simutronics operates.

As far as sorcerers go, I agree. Main thing I'd fix with sorcerers now is their mid-level hunting. 702 sucks and you're stuck with it for a good 50-60 levels. Sure it's nice at low levels, but without either its former power or a good mid-level option, it's not a great situation at mid level. I wouldn't expect wizards to hunt with 901 or an empath to hunt with 1101 at those levels. Why is a sorcerer relegated to a beaten-down 702? 705, sadly, doesn't cut it as the next tier hunting staple.

If we were to compare them to empaths, they kind of have the opposite problem. 1101 isn't a highly effective hunting spell in order to reach the mana levels needed for 1106. On the other hand, 1106 is strong enough that they can start using it earlier than sorcerers would use 705 (which I still wouldn't use even at cap except for vs non-corporeals. I'm still not sure what logic led to disintegrate working better vs non-corp, but whatever) because of its effectiveness and it takes over as a staple hunting spell for a long time.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Cyraex
    <So - for emergency, is this attached to Beseech or is this going to be Incarnate for the emergency?>

It will use the INCARNATE verb. Its also important to note that the idea of "emergency" is a little different than the traditional with this ability, I will explain that more when the spell is released.

<With a "holy armor surrounding the paladin" - does this change our currently equipped armor or am I supposed think this more of a buffing thing like damage padding?>

It does not change the appearance of your equipped armor, you can think of it as a buff, but I'd say its a lot better than padding.

<I have no idea what SMR2 is... But, this sounds awesome!>

Sorry, I should have been more specific, it uses the new Standard Maneuver Roll system that 917 Boil Earth uses.

<This... sounds just.. epic. Can this be renamed to Kenstrom Bane? :P In all seriousness, this just adds more to our crowd control and from the sounds of it.. "valid targets" excludes other players.>

Valid targets excludes players in the paladin's group only, so you will still need to be careful about when you invoke this ability.

<I knew there were reasons to love Xayle!>

GM Xayle, GM Thandiwe and GM Sindin were critical in helping me complete this project, almost 400 brand new deity specific messages were created for this spell and I could not have accomplished that without all their help. They all rock in my book!

<Will we get a free fixskills with this change coming?>

I will consult with the rest of the development team to see what their thoughts are. I can't promise that you will get a free fixskill at this time.

<Is there any possibility or chance for some training things to get a little less expensive?>

At this time, probably not. If we were to adjust training values in the future it would require a detailed analysis on our part to ensure game balance.

<Is there a chance to get this released during a storyline?>

I'm torn about this as my time is pretty limited. I'd have to come up with a storyline that would further delay this release and take away from some other projects I have in mind for the paladin class down the road. For now, I'm going to say probably not, but if there's a big interest from your fellow paladins I might be able to see if I can recruit some CE GM's to help me put something together.

<Thank you very much to everybody that worked hard to make this possible. I am super excited, but filled with many questions!>

Your very welcome, its always my pleasure to try and deliver exciting new development to you all. My hope is that Divine Incarnation will be enjoyed for many years to come!

GameMaster Cyraex
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    That stuff just sort of highlights the problems I have with how Simutronics operates.

As far as sorcerers go, I agree. Main thing I'd fix with sorcerers now is their mid-level hunting. 702 sucks and you're stuck with it for a good 50-60 levels. Sure it's nice at low levels, but without either its former power or a good mid-level option, it's not a great situation at mid level. I wouldn't expect wizards to hunt with 901 or an empath to hunt with 1101 at those levels. Why is a sorcerer relegated to a beaten-down 702? 705, sadly, doesn't cut it as the next tier hunting staple.

If we were to compare them to empaths, they kind of have the opposite problem. 1101 isn't a highly effective hunting spell in order to reach the mana levels needed for 1106. On the other hand, 1106 is strong enough that they can start using it earlier than sorcerers would use 705 (which I still wouldn't use even at cap except for vs non-corporeals. I'm still not sure what logic led to disintegrate working better vs non-corp, but whatever) because of its effectiveness and it takes over as a staple hunting spell for a long time.
    Clerics have it even worse, being stuck with 302 indefinitely. Clerics really need something between 302 and 312, if you ask me.

While the gap between 1101 and 1106 is problematic, 1106 at least has a TD-pushdown for characters under 30 that helps to mitigate the problem a bit. And 1106 gets the full +40 bonus to channeling (unlike 705), so that can help a bit at lower levels too. And anyhow, empaths get enough AS buffs early on that they can do melee easily at early levels.

Blog Entries

Well, started this when this was announced, almost done. No 1650 At least there are other benefits in the short term.

Did you mean this 1650? I'm not sure, maybe you were talking about a different 1650. I'm feeling a little zealous tonight so..

You also see a massive troll king, a massive troll king, a massive troll king, a massive troll king, and a massive troll king.
    Obvious exits: none
    >incant 1650
    You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Divine Incarnation...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    With the weight of solemn purpose in your prayer, the last of the words spark a golden corona around you as your eyes flare with a flawless white brilliance.
    Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.
    >incarnate zeal
    You beseech your patron for combat prowess as gold and topaz radiance begins to take form, swirling violently around you.
    >mstrike
    You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
    With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
    You swing a huge axe at a massive troll king!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +50 = +134
    ... and hit for 24 points of damage!
    Bones in left arm crack.

Your huge axe is suddenly set ablaze with golden flames that swirl in a violent vortex around it!

... 3 points of damage!
    Light shock to right arm. That stings!
    The troll king moves at the last moment to evade the attack!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +9 = +93
    A clean miss.
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +61 = +145
    ... and hit for 26 points of damage!
    Flattened the troll king's right hand.

Your huge axe is suddenly set ablaze with golden flames that swirl in a violent vortex around it!

... 10 points of damage!
    Electric shot gives the troll king a really bad cramp.
    Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
    Roundtime: 11 sec.
    R>mstrike
    You concentrate intently, focusing all your energies.
    With instinctive motions, you weave to and fro striking with deliberate and unrelenting fury!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +99 = +183
    ... and hit for 62 points of damage!
    Flesh ripped from back, muscles exposed.

... 30 points of damage!
    Electric blast goes right to the heart! Fibrillation can be fun.
    The troll king continues to struggle for life!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +65 = +149
    ... and hit for 35 points of damage!
    Downward slash across the troll king's left thigh!
    Gouges bone!

... 30 points of damage!
    Electric blast goes right to the heart! Fibrillation can be fun.
    The troll king continues to struggle for life!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +36 = +120
    ... and hit for 15 points of damage!
    Stomach shot lands with a hollow thump.

... 15 points of damage!
    Nasty jolt to right eye causes eyelid to split. Gross!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +247 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +81 = +165
    ... and hit for 48 points of damage!
    Weapon arm mangled horribly.

... 15 points of damage!
    Hard jolt knocks the troll king back on its heels.
    Your series of strikes and ripostes leaves you off-balance and out of position.
    Roundtime: 11 sec.
    R>at king
    AS: +294 vs DS: +238 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +60 = +153
    ... and hit for 37 points of damage!
    Slash to the troll king's chest!
    That heart's not broken, it's only scratched.

... 10 points of damage!
    Electric shot gives the troll king a really bad cramp.
    Roundtime: 6 sec.
    R>
    The gold and topaz radiance swirling around you flickers brightly as it dissolves away.

GameMaster Cyraex
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-14-2018 at 09:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Speaking of limbs....>incarnate onslaught
    You utter a short, martial prayer to Voln and feel a familiar stoic efficiency sweep over you. Determined and uplifted, you wield your weapon in a fiery, brilliant white arc at all that surround you.
    You swing a huge axe at a giantman thug!
    The giantman thug barely manages to block the attack with his shield!
    You swing a huge axe at a human thug!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +208 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +100 = +222
    ... and hit for 83 points of damage!
    Right arm ripped from socket at the elbow!
    The thug's broadsword falls to the ground.
    The human thug is knocked to the ground!
    The human thug is stunned!
    You swing a huge axe at a human rogue!
    With no room to spare, the human rogue blocks the attack with his reinforced shield!
    You swing a huge axe at a half-elven thief!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +38 + d100 roll: +51 = +165
    ... and hit for 51 points of damage!
    Diagonal slash leaves a bloody trail across the half-elven thief's torso.
    The half-elven thief is stunned!
    You swing a huge axe at a human thug!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +205 with AvD: +36 + d100 roll: +84 = +209
    ... and hit for 87 points of damage!
    Lucky shot rips through bone and muscle sending weapon arm flying.
    The thug's ball and chain falls to the ground.
    The human thug is stunned!
    You swing a huge axe at a gnomish thief!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +216 with AvD: +39 + d100 roll: +25 = +142
    ... and hit for 35 points of damage!
    Deep slash to the gnomish thief's left forearm!
    The thief's composite bow falls to the ground.
    The gnomish thief is stunned!
    You swing a huge axe at a halfling rogue!
    AS: +294 vs DS: +194 with AvD: +37 + d100 roll: +16 = +153
    ... and hit for 45 points of damage!
    You hear several snaps as the halfling rogue's neck is broken in several places.
    The halfling rogue falls to the ground and dies.
    A faint silvery glow fades from around a halfling rogue.
    Roundtime: 3 sec.

Blog Entries

Did you really have to send this champion after me? Luckily I made it out alive!

GameMaster Cyraex

You trace a simple symbol as you reverently call on your patron in the prayer for Divine Incarnation...
    Your spell is ready.
    You gesture.
    You close your eyes, contemplating the march to death and every living being's place along it. You feel the cold touch of Gosaena as images of the goddess's white feathered wings sprout in your mind.
    (Forcing stance down to guarded)
    >
    An Ithzir champion's eyes narrow in focus as it attacks.
    An Ithzir champion swings a broadsword at you!
    AS: +450 vs DS: +218 with AvD: +30 + 60 + d40 roll: +21 = +343
    ... and hits for 49 points of damage!
    Beautiful head shot neatly slices off your ear!
    You are stunned for 5 rounds!
    !S>incarnate armor
    You turn your mind to your patron, asking her for deliverance from an untimely death. A cold grey haze seeps from the ground and enshrouds you in its protective embrace.
    !S>
    The champion's face hardens in concentration, and it starts moving faster than seems possible.
    An Ithzir champion swings a broadsword at you!
    Your holy armor resists slashing damage and helps to lessen the effects as you are struck!
    AS: +450 vs DS: +159 with AvD: +30 + d100 roll: +41 = +362
    ... and hits for 26 points of damage!
    Grazing slash to your face!
    Scratch to your eyelids.
    "When blood gets in your eyes..."

8. Default

Let's see some of that smite action

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "You Don't Know Peace 'til You've Had Suffering" -- Solitaire Unraveling, Mushroomhead

With a warlike shout, you invoke Kai's name as you bring your lance to bear on your enemy. A thunderous clap like that of metal striking metal echoes around you, and a silvery fist overlays your lance as you wield the strength of the Master at Arms in your attack on an Ithzir seer.
    [SMR result: 136 (Open d100: 35)]
    An Ithzir seer is struck by the influx of divine energy, causing 93 damage!
    An explosive burst engulfs her!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    The Ithzir seer's leg is consumed in an intense field of plasma reducing it to ash!
    An Ithzir seer falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!

With a warlike shout, you invoke Kai's name as you bring your lance to bear on your enemy. A thunderous clap like that of metal striking metal echoes around you, and a silvery fist overlays your lance as you wield the strength of the Master at Arms in your attack on an Ithzir seer.
    [SMR result: 155 (Open d100: 70)]
    An Ithzir seer is struck by the influx of divine energy, causing 111 damage!
    An explosive burst engulfs him!
    ... 50 points of damage!
    The Ithzir seer's eye bubbles and bursts along with most of the head!

[You have 15 kills remaining.]
    The Ithzir seer falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
    The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
    The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir seer.
    The Ithzir seer no longer bristles with energy.
    The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
    An Ithzir seer seems to lose an aura of confidence.
    Last edited by Pereus; 02-21-2018 at 12:13 PM.

Why? Because racecar.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post
    [SMR result: 136 (Open d100: 35)]
    An Ithzir seer is struck by the influx of divine energy, causing 93 damage!
    An explosive burst engulfs her!
    ... 40 points of damage!
    The Ithzir seer's leg is consumed in an intense field of plasma reducing it to ash!
    An Ithzir seer falls to the ground grasping her mangled right leg!

[SMR result: 155 (Open d100: 70)]
    An Ithzir seer is struck by the influx of divine energy, causing 111 damage!
    An explosive burst engulfs him!
    ... 50 points of damage!
    The Ithzir seer's eye bubbles and bursts along with most of the head!

[You have 15 kills remaining.]
    The Ithzir seer falls to the ground in a crumpled heap.
    The opalescent aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
    The deep blue glow leaves an Ithzir seer.
    The Ithzir seer no longer bristles with energy.
    The dim aura fades from around an Ithzir seer.
    An Ithzir seer seems to lose an aura of confidence.
    Is this 2 casts or one?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    "You Don't Know Peace 'til You've Had Suffering" -- Solitaire Unraveling, Mushroomhead