Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Oh, look at the poor semis with all their level 50 spells! Meanwhile, the sorcerers, wizards, and clerics are scratching their asses and thinking, "What the fuck? We're the full-on spell slingers. How do these clowns have higher level spells than we do?"
    Wizards have a 50th level spell.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Wizards have two, actually. 1150 and 350 are pretty good, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    Sorcerers are scratching their asses with the coins they make from Ensorcell, you forgot to add that
    Please. We all know wizards and sorcerers are greedy and holy warriors aren't in the for the money. Neither are the tree-huggin rangers. Bards... you chose the poor life of a wandering minstrel. Sorry. Turn over that hat and sing some songs, asshole!

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Wizards have a 50th level spell.
    Yeah, I forgot about that one. No one cares about wizards anyway!
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

And clerics have Miracle.

From your list, only sorcerers are lacking a 50th. But they do alright.

Not having read their boards, Id assume the only reason they don't either is a suitable idea/consensus on one worthy enough. I'm sure most would prefer greater demon summoning of some type.

Quote Originally Posted by khorpulent View Post
    Wizards have two, actually. 1150 and 350 are pretty good, too.
    This is what happens when you don't actually play. You forget about the new spells that seem lackluster (or are similarly themed with a prior release: 540 + 550). I didn't include empaths because they don't count! Three of their four high level spells are healing spells. They're healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    From your list, only sorcerers are lacking a 50th. But they do alright.

Not having read their boards, Id assume the only reason they don't either is a suitable idea/consensus on one worthy enough. I'm sure most would prefer greater demon summoning of some type.
    People have been giving them ideas for the slot for the last twenty years or more, including non-summoning related ones.
    Last edited by subzero; 12-08-2017 at 05:20 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

I seem to recall that the original thought when the switch was made to GSIV from III was that Semis would cap at 40th level spells, as would minor circles and only pures and majors would have access to 50th level spells. This has obviously gone out the window some time back, I think 650 was the first level 50 semi spell?

I, of course, could be 100% remembering bullshit.

Blog Entries

I seem to remember that as well.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I seem to recall that the original thought when the switch was made to GSIV from III was that Semis would cap at 40th level spells, as would minor circles and only pures and majors would have access to 50th level spells. This has obviously gone out the window some time back, I think 650 was the first level 50 semi spell?

I, of course, could be 100% remembering bullshit.
    Yeah, and there was going to be a new sphere of magic (I guess there is technically with minor mental) and empaths were going to be the mental/spirit hybrids. And combat was going to be attrition-based. Personally, I think they really just didn't like sorcerers at the time.

Blog Entries

And combat was going to be attrition-based. Personally, I think they really just didn't like sorcerers at the time.
    Sorcerers were EZ mode though. Stay in guarded and cast 702 (which could crit kill) all day. Growing pains hurt, but sorcerers are in a good place now.

Blog Entries

Yeah, and there was going to be a new sphere of magic (I guess there is technically with minor mental) and empaths were going to be the mental/spirit hybrids. And combat was going to be attrition-based. Personally, I think they really just didn't like sorcerers at the time.
    Sorcs were the OP class at the end of GS3. Warriors got super loved at the beginning of GSIV.