Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Blog Entries

Default Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Quote Originally Posted by GM Cyraex
    Hello Paladins of Elanthia!

As GM Estild shared with some of you at Simucon, I have been working on the development of 1650, Divine Incarnation. Now that the project has entered the final stages of Quality Control, I felt it appropriate to share some high level details with you all about the spell. I am not sure when the spell will be released as this time of year is quite busy for most of the staff with the upcoming Christmas holiday, but I assure you it won't be to much longer. Thank you for your patience!

I will not be sharing any specific numbers at this time, but I will share most of the general mechanics with you. Some of the mechanics in this design were taken from or inspired by player ideas that were posted on the forums, so thank you very much to those of you who participated!

Without further delay, here are the details:

1650 - Divine Incarnation:
    The paladin becomes the divine incarnation of their deity. While incarnated the paladin is granted a divine energy pool that may be used to call upon the powers of their deity using the INCARNATE verb. The size of the divine energy pool will increase based upon your training in Spiritual Mana Control. This spell will have a 5 minute duration or until all divine energy is used. There is also a corresponding 10 minute cooldown that starts when the spell is cast.

The INCARNATE verb will give the paladin access to four unique abilities. Those abilities are ZEAL, ARMOR, SMITE and ONSLAUGHT. Here is a brief overview of what each ability will do.

ZEAL - A divine aura will enable the paladin to trigger deity specific flares on each successful attack for a certain duration of time. Training in Spiritual Lore Summoning will increase the time duration.

ARMOR - A holy armor will surround the paladin granting them a resistance to all forms of attack for a short duration. This ability will be usable during emergency situations, but only a certain number of times per day. Training in Spiritual Lore Blessing will increase the amount of resistance and the number of emergency uses per day.

SMITE - The paladin attempts to smite a target with an influx of divine energy. This is an SMR2 based offensive ability. Training in Spiritual Lore Religion will increase the amount of damage dealt by this attack.

ONSLAUGHT - The paladin is consumed with the power of their deity and carries out a vicious onslaught. This attack is very similar to an MSTRIKE, however it will incur far less roundtime, attack every valid target in the room and ignore a portion of the target's stance. Training in Spiritual Lore Religion will increase the amount of the target's stance that is ignored.

There will also be brand new deity specific messaging for almost every aspect of this spell. A big thank you to GM Xayle, GM Thandiwe and GM Sindin for their creative assistance in designing the deity specific messaging for this spell.

Please feel free to ask questions about the information I've shared, but keep in mind that I will not answer any questions about specific numbers for any of these abilities. Those details will be shared with you all on the day that 1650 is released.

I've worked really hard to make Divine Incarnation a reality and its my hope that you all will enjoy it for years to come!

GameMaster Cyraex
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Looks pretty awesome.

Blog Entries

Sounds amazing

ARMOR - A holy armor will surround the paladin granting them a resistance to all forms of attack for a short duration. This ability will be usable during emergency situations, but only a certain number of times per day. Training in Spiritual Lore Blessing will increase the amount of resistance and the number of emergency uses per day
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Weird to agree with Necro but here we are. To read this after the steaming pile that 1140 ended up being is really frustrating. Happy for the Paladins out there.

Blog Entries

I like it as well. It isn't X per day (other than the FUCKINEEDHALP button) so you can reasonably expect to use it at least once per hunt.
    Last edited by Fallen; 12-06-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

5 min duration with only a 10 min cooldown? Bastards!

Meanwhile, empaths get a new spell with a 60-minute cooldown that allows them to....heal.

They ought to make a BRAND NEW LORE and make paladins train 105 ranks in it to use this spell.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to khorpulent again.

(I am so salty about 1140 and will probably be forever)

Well then, I guess I know what I'll be doing with my next fixskills! (Looks fucking awesome!)
    ~Crazy Cat Lady, Player of Cylnthia~

This doesn't really blow my skirt up. Doesn't sound like anything I'd ever use.