Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Imperarx View Post
    Be interested to see the lore requirements for the different actions. May be a reason to shuffle around how we do lores.
    Well, religion will be heavily hit for warcamping paladins I'm sure. Although, they may do an evil trick and make onslaught effect the shroud.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, well, my ranger can get -25% foraging and herb eating time with his 50th level spell. Who's OP now?
    Wait what?
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Imperarx View Post
    Be interested to see the lore requirements for the different actions. May be a reason to shuffle around how we do lores.
    If Estild is in charge of it, you'll probably be splitting your lores all over the place for sub par results on everything.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

Badass spell...................GIVE ROGUES AND WARRIORS STUFF.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    I guess we'll see how it shakes out. Finding out its a skill that is mostly aimed at fitting a niche role in a late night (eastern time zone) situation for invasions is very disheartening though. I'm sure the mechanics and flavor text will be top notch even if the usefulness is not there for people who hardly ever see invasions.

It's not mostly aimed at that. That was just one particular use case for the handful of paladins that claim they can already attack and kill anything in defensive stance with one attack. For a significant majority of paladins, that's not the case, and the spell has benefit for them in almost every scenario because of that.

GameMaster Estild
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

I'm surprised to see someone saying it only has on utility. I think it is pretty amazing for paladins. I mean, it isn't Solace level good, but you know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Cyraex
    Some non-numbers questions:Can you use more than one ability at a time, assuming you have enough points in your pool?
    Specifically, with enough points, can you get zeal flares on your super mstrike?
    Are zeal flares instead of, or in addition to, crusade flares?
    I like flares!
    Does incarnation change your appearance?
    Is it too late to change the verb to GODMODE?

You can use the abilities at the same time, but the use of the ability does incur roundtime. So you could use ZEAL, wait through that roundtime, and then use ONSLAUGHT and the abilities would stack so to speak. Yes Crusade flares can be used in combination with Zeal, as can any other paladin type flares. The Zeal flares do not trigger with cmans or shield maneuvers, only with attacks. While I wish I had the time to physically change your appearance, this was out of scope for this project. As you'll see later on when the spell is released an enormous amount of work went into developing 1650 and unfortunately, I had to pick and choose what to develop in order to get this done for you all.

Even if it's done as "incarnation smite", it's still inconvenient, because "inc" or even "inca smite" both want to have you try to "incant smite".
    (Because "incant" comes before "incarn", in the browser.)
    Maybe "divin smite" (divine incarnation <option>) will work....

The development of the spell is essentially complete barring any corrections that come out of Quality Assurance, so it is to late to change the verb that is used to activate the abilities. The syntax will be INCARNATE <ability>. As another player mentioned, if you don't like this you can always build a macro or alias to make things easier for yourself.

Looks like a lot of fun and the part that I was most pleased to see was the cooldown. Except for the single x/day portion this spell could be usable once every hunt. While I might not use it every hunt it is something that at least I'd use often enough to remember to use it at a fitting moment.

I understand the dislike for x/day usages, however when you see the actual numbers for the ARMOR ability, you will better understand why the spell needed to be designed this way. In order to give you all "god like" abilities, there had to be a trade off and x/day usages is how that was accomplished for the emergency uses of ARMOR. As we've shared with you all before, all the development we do is reviewed, criticized, and debated upon by the entire development team and we do our best to take everyone's concerns into account. At the end of the day though, we have to do our best to preserve game balance while still providing you all with amazing new abilities. That's why we use the x/day usages sometimes.

GameMaster Cyraex
    Last edited by Fallen; 12-06-2017 at 03:35 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Andddddd...nothing for monks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Yeah, well, my ranger can get -25% foraging and herb eating time with his 50th level spell. Who's OP now?
    Oh, look at the poor semis with all their level 50 spells! Meanwhile, the sorcerers, wizards, and clerics are scratching their asses and thinking, "What the fuck? We're the full-on spell slingers. How do these clowns have higher level spells than we do?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    cut a fart
    "Obstruction of the court," said the judge.
    Last edited by subzero; 12-08-2017 at 05:06 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Oh, look at the poor semis with all their level 50 spells! Meanwhile, the sorcerers, wizards, and clerics are scratching their asses and thinking, "What the fuck? We're the full-on spell slingers. How do these clowns have higher level spells than we do?"
    Sorcerers are scratching their asses with the coins they make from Ensorcell, you forgot to add that