Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Official: (1650) - Divine Incarnation Pre-Release Information

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I seem to recall that the original thought when the switch was made to GSIV from III was that Semis would cap at 40th level spells, as would minor circles and only pures and majors would have access to 50th level spells. This has obviously gone out the window some time back, I think 650 was the first level 50 semi spell?

I, of course, could be 100% remembering bullshit.
    Yeah, and there was going to be a new sphere of magic (I guess there is technically with minor mental) and empaths were going to be the mental/spirit hybrids. And combat was going to be attrition-based. Personally, I think they really just didn't like sorcerers at the time.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    And combat was going to be attrition-based. Personally, I think they really just didn't like sorcerers at the time.
    Sorcerers were EZ mode though. Stay in guarded and cast 702 (which could crit kill) all day. Growing pains hurt, but sorcerers are in a good place now.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The wounded child is tiny in size.
    The child should prove to be a difficult challenge for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Yeah, and there was going to be a new sphere of magic (I guess there is technically with minor mental) and empaths were going to be the mental/spirit hybrids. And combat was going to be attrition-based. Personally, I think they really just didn't like sorcerers at the time.
    Sorcs were the OP class at the end of GS3. Warriors got super loved at the beginning of GSIV.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Sorcerers were EZ mode though. Stay in guarded and cast 702 (which could crit kill) all day. Growing pains hurt, but sorcerers are in a good place now.
    Eh, sorcs are still EZ mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    That stuff just sort of highlights the problems I have with how Simutronics operates.

As far as sorcerers go, I agree. Main thing I'd fix with sorcerers now is their mid-level hunting. 702 sucks and you're stuck with it for a good 50-60 levels. Sure it's nice at low levels, but without either its former power or a good mid-level option, it's not a great situation at mid level. I wouldn't expect wizards to hunt with 901 or an empath to hunt with 1101 at those levels. Why is a sorcerer relegated to a beaten-down 702? 705, sadly, doesn't cut it as the next tier hunting staple.

If we were to compare them to empaths, they kind of have the opposite problem. 1101 isn't a highly effective hunting spell in order to reach the mana levels needed for 1106. On the other hand, 1106 is strong enough that they can start using it earlier than sorcerers would use 705 (which I still wouldn't use even at cap except for vs non-corporeals. I'm still not sure what logic led to disintegrate working better vs non-corp, but whatever) because of its effectiveness and it takes over as a staple hunting spell for a long time.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Cyraex
    <So - for emergency, is this attached to Beseech or is this going to be Incarnate for the emergency?>

It will use the INCARNATE verb. Its also important to note that the idea of "emergency" is a little different than the traditional with this ability, I will explain that more when the spell is released.

<With a "holy armor surrounding the paladin" - does this change our currently equipped armor or am I supposed think this more of a buffing thing like damage padding?>

It does not change the appearance of your equipped armor, you can think of it as a buff, but I'd say its a lot better than padding.

<I have no idea what SMR2 is... But, this sounds awesome!>

Sorry, I should have been more specific, it uses the new Standard Maneuver Roll system that 917 Boil Earth uses.

<This... sounds just.. epic. Can this be renamed to Kenstrom Bane? :P In all seriousness, this just adds more to our crowd control and from the sounds of it.. "valid targets" excludes other players.>

Valid targets excludes players in the paladin's group only, so you will still need to be careful about when you invoke this ability.

<I knew there were reasons to love Xayle!>

GM Xayle, GM Thandiwe and GM Sindin were critical in helping me complete this project, almost 400 brand new deity specific messages were created for this spell and I could not have accomplished that without all their help. They all rock in my book!

<Will we get a free fixskills with this change coming?>

I will consult with the rest of the development team to see what their thoughts are. I can't promise that you will get a free fixskill at this time.

<Is there any possibility or chance for some training things to get a little less expensive?>

At this time, probably not. If we were to adjust training values in the future it would require a detailed analysis on our part to ensure game balance.

<Is there a chance to get this released during a storyline?>

I'm torn about this as my time is pretty limited. I'd have to come up with a storyline that would further delay this release and take away from some other projects I have in mind for the paladin class down the road. For now, I'm going to say probably not, but if there's a big interest from your fellow paladins I might be able to see if I can recruit some CE GM's to help me put something together.

<Thank you very much to everybody that worked hard to make this possible. I am super excited, but filled with many questions!>

Your very welcome, its always my pleasure to try and deliver exciting new development to you all. My hope is that Divine Incarnation will be enjoyed for many years to come!

GameMaster Cyraex
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites