Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: Summit Academy in December

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    They eventually did, maybe not the bronze or 10 run passes I forget.

With the event extension, we had more time than sense! Oh, also the store closed down (the last weekend so only those existing purchased ones and the silver ones in the arena were left.

I forgot the cutoff so still had some simucoins leftover which ended up used for EG instead.
    People actually get pretty god mode is the issue. We see the micro sometimes with like Reim and spawn rates or the paladin spell, but the GMs like Coase see the decimals of power scaling trend into the trillions of the cost economy and have to find what look like unpopular decisions.

A lot of this has come with tempered fixes. The orb prying is a big deal as a lot of people have orbs they don't need to remove and with crumble the common enhancivr are likely to be stronger or sold due to their expiration or upkeep.

2. Default

"one thing is certain is that they do much better than we ever anticipated"

Lol, its like he has a macro assigned to insert phrase like this into the middle of his posts.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Wyrom
    I would like to unpack part of this post, since there is a large misunderstanding here.

>>Between the WPS lies about being more available and now the fusion Nerf, I have been consistently disappointed in the development direction.

WPS has been offered a lot more since the update. Prior to the update, it was offered maybe once or twice a year. Since the update, it has been offered 5 times.

>>Its amazingly clear that any real development time is spent on Simucoin gambling/slot machine games and nerfing down mechanics to move people to spend money on simucoin shop items and buying into events.

The Development team does not spend a lot of time on events. Senior staff does spend some time in the approval stages and some of the backbone mechanics, but the majority of the team works directly on further development of the mechanical aspects of the game. The Events team is the only dedicated team for events.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

4. Default

"It actually shows the decision is not based on revenue (which is likely seeing a drop at this event and your subscription) but I would think a sincere look at game balance."

Roblar, there is short term revenue and overall revenue. While I agree with you that they ought to have expected a drop in short term revenue for this event after announcing no more enhancive permanence*, I think what other players are saying is that it was still geared towards increasing revenue overall.

* we actually dont know that this announcement will decrease short term revenue at this event, or that the developers would have anticipated this even if it does end up happening. They seem quite bold in discussing the in-elasticity of the demand for some of their events.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    [/I][/I]
    Just some sampling of Wyroms posts:

The NPC blacksmith (smithy) that will do the services is being debuted at Duskruin with a service cap and bloodscrip cost, but it will be offered beyond this event very often. Not just pay events. The frequency of this service will be much greater during normal gameplay than at pay events. GM Merchants are also going to be able to offer this a lot more as well. Prior to this update, we very rarely offered anything beyond "heavy" with services. It wasn't until CCF/RtCF that we worked on items beyond 8x or HCP/HCW. And even then, we had capped amounts of points we were allowed to allocate to items. The majority of players under the old ways of releases were always locked out of these types of services. We never did a whole lot per year.

As for pay events, dates and times are only tentative until about 30 days before they run. SGM Haliste and I plan to try to do better with that time table, but not all of it is within our control. Pay events are guaranteed the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.

And Coase:

You now also have the very easily accessible option of steadily improving pretty much any gear that you have with a benefit that, due to the above, no longer comes with quite so many restrictions. While it may seem underwhelming to only be able to put 2 points of weighting on a fresh item at this one event, that two points is now quite a lot better than two points was a few days ago, since it no longer restricts you in quite so many ways. It is also important to note that since this Duskruin is the very first outing of the system, we made the decision to be very conservative with access to make sure the system is actually working as it should. It wouldn't be ideal for either side if we allowed unlimited services, only to need to refund large amounts of purchases if it turned out that price or other changes needed to be made.
    Last edited by Pereus; 12-18-2017 at 11:53 PM.

Why? Because racecar.

Quote Originally Posted by Pereus View Post

As for pay events, dates and times are only tentative until about 30 days before they run. SGM Haliste and I plan to try to do better with that time table, but not all of it is within our control. Pay events are guaranteed the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
    Up to 6 times per year now. Wow.
    Last edited by Lulfas; 12-19-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lulfas View Post
    Up to 6 times per year now. Wow.

That isn't necessarily true from the pay event time table released, but I get the point that it appears to more tightly controlled than indicated upon release, mostly due to zero times in the months of Nov & Dec.

The six times per year mention of pay events does not really equal the number of times of WPS work because the service can also be offered outside pay events. Many pay events like Delirium, DR Digging, and Summit I don't see as merchant populated venues likely to host WPS. There has been a free festival in September and non pay chance coming to start January for example.

I'd hope for at least 10-12 opportunities a year, preferably with a minimum of 10 service sessions and getting rid of the 60 day window for services past 10 since the cost does escalate and seems to regulate player willingness to afford the work on its own, especially coupled with limited slots, limited service caps, and the amount of service work necessary to get beyond fractions of points.
    Last edited by Roblar; 12-19-2017 at 03:40 AM.

I'll preface this with say, yes, im a complete shit head but hoo boy, Wyrom is a vindictive manipulative bastard of the best degree:
    Apparently my comment about him not being a manager of any real recourse hit close to the bone. He emailed me and then removed my post on the forums with the mention of it. Simutronics is now actively removing posts that point out that they are abusing the GMs to churn out simucoin events at an accelerated rate.
    Some choice nuggets from his email - I'm sure he'll release all of them with my full name because thats how he rolls:

there isn't a whole lot I had to do with it. I work with 52 independent contractors that all have areas of interest with the game
    - More of the same, i can't do anything, blah blah blah

The SimuCon Goodie Bag is another issue where the GM in charge left it to the wayside and told us everything was being handled when we got a status update. We eventually had to pick up the pieces and get it handled. We are still working on the last tidbits.
    Boom, throws GM zythica under the bus, no remorse, no wave good bye. - Watch out, if you dont deliver Wyrom's gonna get ya! (maybe he DOES do something afterall)

I don't micromanage them ... There are a lot of moving parts to this game, and I have my hands in nearly all of them...I'm here, plugged in just about every day, every week.
    I too liken my non-micromanagment with being plugged in and involved with everything.

Are you sure your dates are right? I show your access still here for a bit. Or did you ask billing to close them earlier?
    I very thoroughly checked on your information, its what i do, i learned from Alastir/sasha fierce (my second account closes on the 16th)

So, not much, just gonna churn the waters a bit more until i burn out.
    TLR - I called out Wyrom for being a glorified community manager and he confirmed it, started removing posts and does what he always does when confronted on his bullshit, he started dipping into account information like his personal treasure trove of defensive material.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    I'll preface this with say, yes, im a complete shit head but hoo boy, Wyrom is a vindictive manipulative bastard of the best degree:
    Apparently my comment about him not being a manager of any real recourse hit close to the bone. He emailed me and then removed my post on the forums with the mention of it. Simutronics is now actively removing posts that point out that they are abusing the GMs to churn out simucoin events at an accelerated rate.
    Some choice nuggets from his email - I'm sure he'll release all of them with my full name because thats how he rolls:

- More of the same, i can't do anything, blah blah blah

Boom, throws GM zythica under the bus, no remorse, no wave good bye. - Watch out, if you dont deliver Wyrom's gonna get ya! (maybe he DOES do something afterall)

I too liken my non-micromanagment with being plugged in and involved with everything.

I very thoroughly checked on your information, its what i do, i learned from Alastir/sasha fierce (my second account closes on the 16th)

So, not much, just gonna churn the waters a bit more until i burn out.
    TLR - I called out Wyrom for being a glorified community manager and he confirmed it, started removing posts and does what he always does when confronted on his bullshit, he started dipping into account information like his personal treasure trove of defensive material.

What is your goal exactly? I get that you might be unhappy, but you have nothing better to do with your time than this?
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Blog Entries

Post what you wrote on the officials and Wyrom's full reply.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.