Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Goes All in on Roy Moore

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Do you believe that any and all sexual harassment accusers should automatically be believed and the accused should not have their day in court?
    No. That is not what I believe. Most of this will never go to court though. Where does that leave us?
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    No. That is not what I believe. Most of this will never go to court though. Where does that leave us?
    No idea to be honest.

But one of the founding principles of this country is "innocent until proven guilty" and that you have the right to face your accuser.

You think that it's right that someone can come forward with an accusation and that the accused be destroyed? I don't.

Just because you "think" Moore is a scumbag pedophile, doesn't mean he is. I happen to agree with that sentiment.. but I also believe that the man does deserve his day in court.

3. Default

Conyers is stepping down and leaving Congress.

Blog Entries

I think it should be all up to the individual Congressman and the people who put him there. If something is uncovered after you put him there, recall election. I generally find it troubling that people not even from Moore's or Franken's district are clamoring for Congress to go around the votes of the people and have them removed. If those districts wanted those people there, then that is who should be there.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post

But one of the founding principles of this country is "innocent until proven guilty" and that you have the right to face your accuser.

You think that it's right that someone can come forward with an accusation and that the accused be destroyed? I don't.
    Irony

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Irony
    I'd ask you to explain.. but we both know you can't / won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think it should be all up to the individual Congressman and the people who put him there. If something is uncovered after you put him there, recall election. I generally find it troubling that people not even from Moore's or Franken's district are clamoring for Congress to go around the votes of the people and have them removed. If those districts wanted those people there, then that is who should be there.
    I'm fine with that.

And yet, you're the one who's lashing out at everyone
    Not everyone, just you.

and promoting false equivalencies.
    And here is the reason why. You didn't come in here looking to have a debate with anyone, you just came in here to imply everyone who supports Moore or Trump supports pedophilia or some other such nonsense.

Here's a shocker; it's possible to support Moore AND not support pedophilia! GASP!

Also I don't really give a shit one way or the other about Moore; I've just asked for consistency from our politicians in this regard. I know that's crazy, asking our politicians to have morals and convictions and all.

Tgo... What's moral about being a kid diddler???

Quote Originally Posted by Gompers View Post
    Tgo... What's moral about being a kid diddler???
    Nothing is moral about being a kid diddler.

Now if our politicians feel this strongly about sexual assault that they feel they have the right to kick members of the senate out after the voters have already heard all of the allegations and yet still chose to vote for someone over 40 year old allegations then the politicians should be willing to hold senators accountable for sexual assaults committed while a sitting senator and allegations that the voters never heard in the first place. Yes, this includes members of their own party.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-05-2017 at 08:27 PM.