Thread: Bone Shatter Nerf

Default Bone Shatter Nerf

So, I was reading a thread from 2006 that had several posters claiming that 1106, Bone Shatter, would be nerfed soon.

I'm guessing that nerf never came, because everything I read seems to indicate that Bone Shatter is still the staple Empath hunting spell.

Is my understanding correct?

2. Default

Yes.

The only thing I can think of that they nerfed with Bone Shatter was first aid no longer helping with it's damage or instant kill or whatever. That's all rolled into lores now.

Bone Shatter has gotten a couple of nerfs in its day from my understanding. First removing First Aid from the equation, and later removing the Mental Mana Control phantom endroll bonus. That was a few years ago and nothing has been done to the spell since. It's still boss as fuck.

They nerfed it in 2013 by taking away the crit boost from MMC. It was a pretty substantial nerf, actually.
    Last edited by khorpulent; 12-08-2017 at 01:16 PM.

It's a pretty amazing, low-cost spell. The only real downside to it is that you can only use it against critters that can have their bones broken. With proper lore training it's ability to insta kill is amazing