Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Tax Reform

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post

That's your simplified explanation that requires you be ignorant of the facts. As NYT reported in the 80's regarding Reagan's first tax cut that led to the "double dip" recession:

"The key vote, 238 to 195, gave Mr. Reagan a third upset victory over the Democratic House majority on fiscal issues. The President won by virtue of the same coalition of Republicans and Southern Democrats that brought him victory in May on the budget resolution and in June on the budget reconciliation bill."

Your lack of interest in details is basically what makes you a modern-day conservative. Absolutely nobody is surprised by it -- believing your position requires that you be willfully ignorant. Republicans, along with a minority of southern, conservative Democrats passed Reagan's nonsense. But, sure. "DEMOCRATS!!!shift+1!!," shit-for-brains ignoramus. Special kudos for, like Tgo, completely surrendering on the George W. Bush sprees which were far greater.
    It's funny watching you and other idiots like you try so hard to sound smart and talk out of both sides of your mouth to paint the left as the bastion of all things good and pure and the right is Satan himself, but still fail miserably at it, all while being incapable of not continuing to sniff your own farts and still think you're the smartest person in every room you walk into.

People like you are why Trump won. I'm more anti-sjw /anti-leftist than I am pro-conservative. There's a lot of shit I disagree with the right about, but I still vote for them because your side really is that much worse.

Thanks for giving us Trump though. It's been entertaining as fuck watching you all cry and act like completely unhinged retards, just like you'll be doing for the next 6 years. Except none of you are acting, you're just unhinged retards for real.

Last edited by Methais; 09-13-2018 at 12:17 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    It's funny watching you and other idiots like you try so hard to sound smart and talk out of both sides of your mouth to paint the left as the bastion of all things good and pure and the right is Satan himself, but still fail miserably at it, all while being incapable of not continuing to sniff your own farts and still think you're the smartest person in every room you walk into.
    Uh, no. The left doesn't have to be a "bastion of all things good and pure" in order for Republicans to be complete hypocrites on the subject of fiscal responsibility. The GOP only cares about the debt and the deficit when the Democrats are in power.

Your ignorance -- willful or otherwise -- about that fact reflects only on you. You not bothering to know what the party you blindly support does, not bothering to know how and when the government has borrowed most deeply, is your active choice to remain ignorant.

You exposed your reductionist, retarded way of thinking -- the details cause you to convulse, because you either don't have the brainpower to look at something that isn't simple, or refuse to dedicate it. Functionally, there's no difference. You remain ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais
    People like you are why Trump won. I'm more anti-sjw /anti-leftist than I am pro-conservative. There's a lot of shit I disagree with the right about, but I still vote for them because your side really is that much worse.
    Applying your ongoing desire for a reductionist explanation to Trump doesn't make your case, either. Trump won because the right has chosen over the last 20 years to give up the William F. Buckley style of defensible conservative argument, abandoned facts, in favor of Fox News and Breitbart-style tribalism. You're a prime example of their bet on the willfully ignorant masses. And beeteedubs, I'm an "anti-SJW" too (as was Obama). You don't care about reality.

Thanks for giving us Trump though. It's been entertaining as fuck watching you all cry and act like completely unhinged retards, just like you'll be doing for the next 6 years. Except none of you are acting, you're just unhinged retards for real.
    Isn't it funny how you claim there's "lots of shit you disagree with," but never find yourself capable of criticizing Trump et. al and spend all your time shitting out apologetics for the hard right? It's been entertaining watching you and the other reactionaries on the forum act like completely unhinged retards as person after person in Trump's orbit is exposed, resigns in disgrace or gets indicted/convicted. And there's more to come, my willfully deluded friend.

Uh, no. The left doesn't have to be a "bastion of all things good and pure" in order for Republicans to be complete hypocrites on the subject of fiscal responsibility. The GOP only cares about the debt and the deficit when the Democrats are in power.

Your ignorance -- willful or otherwise -- about that fact reflects only on you. You not bothering to know what the party you blindly support does, not bothering to know how and when the government has borrowed most deeply, is your active choice to remain ignorant.

You exposed your reductionist, retarded way of thinking -- the details cause you to convulse, because you either don't have the brainpower to look at something that isn't simple, or refuse to dedicate it. Functionally, there's no difference. You remain ignorant.

Applying your ongoing desire for a reductionist explanation to Trump doesn't make your case, either. Trump won because the right has chosen over the last 20 years to give up the William F. Buckley style of defensible conservative argument, abandoned facts, in favor of Fox News and Breitbart-style tribalism. You're a prime example of their bet on the willfully ignorant masses. And beeteedubs, I'm an "anti-SJW" too (as was Obama). You don't care about reality.

Isn't it funny how you claim there's "lots of shit you disagree with," but never find yourself capable of criticizing Trump et. al and spend all your time shitting out apologetics for the hard right? It's been entertaining watching you and the other reactionaries on the forum act like completely unhinged retards as person after person in Trump's orbit is exposed, resigns in disgrace or gets indicted/convicted. And there's more to come, my willfully deluded friend.
    TR;DR.

Who out of anyone here has been arguing that republicans aren't hypocritical? The only ones arguing anything like that is you dumbasses trying to argue that your party isn't hypocritical. Everyone who isn't a complete tard knows that both parties suck and are full of shit. Yours is just 47832042x worse, and that really burns your ass which is why you get so triggered all the time.

I don't vote for republicans, I vote against democrats. Because most democrats are 4837204x worse than most republicans. This really makes your anus sore, which is why you always lash out and attempt to form other peoples' opinions for them and tell them how they think.

If I didn't see a quote first, I'd think you were responding to yourself in response to your non-response of Tgo's simple Clinton or Republicans question. Because you're stupid and full of shit.

Is that why so many democrats stayed home on Election Day or voted for Johnson or Stein because they refused to vote for Hillary? Talk about being willfully ignorant and not caring about reality, holy fuck.

You're also anything but anti-sjw. Probably not as sjw as time4dildos, but you're up there.

Isn't it funny how you claim there's "lots of shit you disagree with," but never find yourself capable of criticizing Trump et. al and spend all your time shitting out apologetics for the hard right?
    Most of my gripes with the right are about shit that doesn't affect my paycheck, i.e. "Weed is bad, the Bible is everything!" and other dumb shit like that. But it's still better than the shit your side sharts out all over the place like "You can be a unicorn and you also don't have to tell people you're fucking that you have AIDS and btw black people are too stupid to get an ID because you're racist!" and all that other dumbass diarrhea of the mouth nonsense you people are all about.

It's been entertaining watching you and the other reactionaries on the forum act like completely unhinged retards as person after person in Trump's orbit is exposed, resigns in disgrace or gets indicted/convicted. And there's more to come, my willfully deluded friend.
    Except none of that is going to happen, and we're just going to keep laughing at you being an unhinged butthurt retard for another 6 years while you do your best to tell other people how they think and basically be Great Value time4fun while normal people continue to live their lives without being in a 24/7 triggered state like you.

You:
    Last edited by Methais; 09-13-2018 at 02:35 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Repeating yourself doesn't make your response any less stupid.

Your unilateral declaration that that question only requires a one-word answer is just that -- you, bloviating, because of your ongoing allergy to details.

Already asked and answered. You didn't read it the last few times, so scroll up and try again.
    It's okay, Ashliana. We all know what happened. You literally said we can't blame Obama for the debt because congress controls the federal budget. When I pointed out this means Democrats get most of the blame for the debt going up under Reagan you then proceeded to say it's okay to pin all of the blame on Reagan. You realized what a complete and utter moron you made yourself look like by completely contradicting yourself in two back to back postings.

Rather than just admit you made a mistake or you wanted to clarify your earlier positions you proceeded to ignore very basic questions, you attacked me for daring to ask you questions, and you deflected like your life depended on it. You then doubled down and blamed Bush for the debt increasing during his presidency and heavily implied Clinton deserves credit for the deficit going down on his watch.

So let's recap your positions:

Obama can't receive blame for debt doubling while president because congress controls the federal budget and he's a Democrat.
    Reagan can receive all blame for debt going up while president because he's a Republican.
    Bush can receive all blame for debt going up while president because he's a Republican.
    Clinton deserves credit for deficit shrinking while president because he's a Democrat.

That's your simplified explanation that requires you be ignorant of the facts.
    Speaking of "simplified explanations that requires one to be ignorant of the facts", remember when you said this:

Congress -- not the president -- controls the federal budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Who out of anyone here has been arguing that republicans aren't hypocritical? The only ones arguing anything like that is you dumbasses trying to argue that your party isn't hypocritical. Everyone who isn't a complete tard knows that both parties suck and are full of shit. Yours is just 47832042x worse, and that really burns your ass which is why you get so triggered all the time.
    There's plenty of hypocrisy on the left. This started, specifically, because of Tgo's retarded claim about Obama, a frequent one that people like you, who have no interest in details, make. Republicans control all three branches of government and the only substantive thing they've done is give-aways to the hyper wealthy and let companies pollute however they want by administrative fiat, pulled out of trade relationships with allies that conservatives have supported for decades and damaged our relationship with every US ally. If that's a win for you, uhh, congrats?

I don't vote for republicans, I vote against democrats. Because most democrats are 4837204x worse than most republicans. This really makes your anus sore, which is why you always lash out and attempt to form other peoples' opinions for them and tell them how they think.
    Eyeeeroll. Okay, buddy. And what, pray tell, makes you hate the negative qualities of the left while being totally okay with the innumerable negative qualities of the right?

If I didn't see a quote first, I'd think you were responding to yourself in response to your non-response of Tgo's simple Clinton or Republicans question. Because you're stupid and full of shit.
    Whatever you say. You've consistently demonstrated the same kind of stupid, reductionist thinking that Tgo revels in.

Is that why so many democrats stayed home on Election Day or voted for Johnson or Stein because they refused to vote for Hillary? Talk about being willfully ignorant and not caring about reality, holy fuck.
    I've never been a fan of Hillary, but your claim here is bogus. 65.9 million people voted for Obama in 2012 compared to 65.8 million for Hillary, a difference of 100k. The reason Trump won is because 3 million more people voted for Trump in 2016 than voted for Romney in 2012, and all other things were mostly equal.

You're also anything but anti-sjw. Probably not as sjw as time4dildos, but you're up there.
    All you're doing here is showcasing that you don't know me. In what way am I an "SJW"? On the contrary, I think the majority of (outspoken, activist) feminists are retarded and hysterically shout over perceived inequality that doesn't exist, that Black Lives Matter obsesses over cases where the police, in fact, did absolutely nothing wrong (and that despite the many problems with the criminal justice system, moustache-twirling racists who irrationally hate and set out to murder black people don't exist), believe that the answer to all speech is more speech, not less, absolutely oppose deplatforming efforts, even of shitstains like Milo Yiannopoulos, etc. I always considered myself a libertarian until the right completely sold its soul to the religious right.

By all means, please point out in what way I'm "an SJW." Because I support women's reproductive rights? Nope -- libertarian philosophy there. Gay rights? Libertarian philosophy.

Most of my gripes with the right are about shit that doesn't affect my paycheck, i.e. "Weed is bad, the Bible is everything!" and other dumb shit like that. But it's still better than the shit your side sharts out all over the place like "You can be a unicorn and you also don't have to tell people you're fucking that you have AIDS and btw black people are too stupid to get an ID because you're racist!" and all that other dumbass diarrhea of the mouth nonsense you people are all about.
    I think people who make claims like "you shouldn't have to disclose medical facts" are retarded, including trans people (whose equality I support) that claim they shouldn't be even morally obligated to tell people they're trans prior to sleeping with them. You are, however, absolutely retarded if you believe Republicans haven't repeatedly tried to suppress the minority vote through their obsession on nonexistent "voter fraud."

Except none of that is going to happen, and we're just going to keep laughing at you being an unhinged butthurt retard for another 6 years while you do your best to tell other people how they think and basically be Great Value time4fun while normal people continue to live their lives without being in a 24/7 triggered state like you.
    Have you been living in a bubble for the last few months? I mean, yes, you live in an ideological bubble, but in this case a literal one? Trump's campaign manager and personal lawyer have both been convicted, as have others campaign participants. You're incredibly dumb if you think the 2016 story has a happy ending for the Trump clan.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 09-13-2018 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's okay, Ashliana. We all know what happened. You literally said we can't blame Obama for the debt because congress controls the federal budget. When I pointed out this means Democrats get most of the blame for the debt going up under Reagan you then proceeded to say it's okay to pin all of the blame on Reagan. You realized what a complete and utter moron you made yourself look like by completely contradicting yourself in two back to back postings.
    Wrong. I said:

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana
    Why did debt increase so much under Obama? Was it reckless spending policies implemented by Democrats? Whoops, nope. It's because the federal deficit was sky-high as Bush left office due to the recession that happened towards the end of nearly a decade of total GOP control of the government, when they saw fit to start two unfunded wars while simultaneously cutting taxes on the wealthy, followed by bailouts of banks first under Bush, then another under Obama.
    Dubya and the GOP left Obama holding the purse for the fiscal outcome they engineered. Obama ran on the platform of reversing the trend and successfully implemented it. He did the responsible thing. Nobody's contradicting oneself-- you just have the reading comprehension of a four year old and can't read anything that isn't a Twitter-style sound bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01
    Rather than just admit you made a mistake or you wanted to clarify your earlier positions you proceeded to ignore very basic questions, you attacked me for daring to ask you questions, and you deflected like your life depended on it. You then doubled down and blamed Bush for the debt increasing during his presidency and heavily implied Clinton deserves credit for the deficit going down on his watch.
    Wrong. You desperately tried to reduce the reality into a sound bite, which isn't how reality works. You've subsequently thrown a temper tantrum because you have absolutely no rebuttal to the reality that when Republicans take power, they abandon all fiscal principles and spend like drunkards.

Clinton deserves some of the credit for fixing the fiscal issues, and Republicans from his era enjoy some of the credit - except they turned around and exploded the deficit and debt, proving themselves hypocrites who abandon their principles whenever they get the chance, as I already said.

Your desire to sum up an issue in three words doesn't constitute a rational argument -- it makes you retarded.

So let's recap your positions:

Obama can't receive blame for debt doubling while president because congress controls the federal budget and he's a Democrat.
    Reagan can receive all blame for debt going up while president because he's a Republican.
    Bush can receive all blame for debt going up while president because he's a Republican.
    Clinton deserves credit for deficit shrinking while president because he's a Democrat.
    Obama and the Democrats of that period, along with Republicans who suddenly, magically cared about fiscal responsibility as soon as a Democrat was in power, deserve credit. He campaigned on the platform of repealing the tax cuts.

Reagan deserves most of the blame, as he campaigned on the platform of cutting taxes for the wealthy. The minority of conservative, southern Democrats also deserves blame.

Dubya and the Republicans, deserve almost all of the blame for both the 2001 and 2003 tax cuts, which were almost unanimously passed by Republicans and almost unanimously opposed by Democrats, the second of which took place during a war.

Clinton and the Democrats of that period, along with Republicans who suddenly, magically cared about fiscal responsibility as soon as a Democrat was in power, deserve credit.

Seeing the pattern of how conservatives forget their principles when they take power? No? That would be because you didn't bother to read, you're willfully ignorant of modern history, and you're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana
    Congress -- not the president -- controls the federal budget.
    Speaking of "simplified explanations that requires one to be ignorant of the facts", remember when you said this:
    If only that hadn't been followed by context and details. Those things you're allergic to.

Try again, buckaroo.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 09-13-2018 at 05:02 PM.

Wrong. I said:
    You literally said Obama isn't responsible for the debt because congress controls the federal budget. You then proceeded to say presidents CAN be responsible for the debt as long as they are Republicans.

These are your words. These are your arguments. Don't get pissed at me for pointing out how utterly retarded you sound right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You literally said Obama isn't responsible for the debt because congress controls the federal budget. You then proceeded to say presidents CAN be responsible for the debt as long as they are Republicans.

These are your words. These are your arguments. Don't get pissed at me for pointing out how utterly retarded you sound right now.
    Your inability to read reflects only on you.

"You then proceeded to say presidents CAN be responsible for the debt as long as they are Republicans."

That right there is your retarded, detail-averse, fourth grade level reading comprehension at work. Nothing else.