Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump's Tax Reform

Quote Originally Posted by Ashliana View Post
    The great recession occurred on George W. Bush's watch, after nearly a decade of GOP control of all parts of the government. Republicans ran on a platform of blowing up the budget -- Obama ran on one of ending the regressive tax cuts that Bush et. al engineered, and he succeeded, lowering the projected deficit back to pre-recession levels.

That's correct. Specifically, because of those "reasons." Spoiler Alert: Stupidly summarizing the many reasons in which, yes, Reagan and Bush are to blame as "because reasons" only serves to show your disinterest in those reasons. At no point did you actually address those reasons themselves.
    So, once again, just to be clear, your argument is we can't blame Obama for the debt doubling during his presidency because congress controls the federal budget but we can pin the blame on Reagan and Bush because of your stated reasons? This isn't me misconstruing anything you've said, this is literally your argument, correct?

Again, your lack of reading reflects only on you -- Democrats, the ones who wear the big-boy pants and don't rely on magical "if I cut taxes, the government will have more taxes!" thinking, along with Republicans -- who only rediscover their interest in austerity while Democrats are in power, forgetting them as soon as they get power themselves are the ones who get credit.
    It was a simple question that only required a one word answer. Let me ask again: who gets credit for reducing the deficit during Clinton's presidency: Clinton or Republicans? Just one word answer please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    So, once again, just to be clear, your argument is we can't blame Obama for the debt doubling during his presidency because congress controls the federal budget but we can pin the blame on Reagan and Bush because of your stated reasons? This isn't me misconstruing anything you've said, this is literally your argument, correct?
    Since you didn't read what I wrote, and instead repeated yourself, I'll do the same:

The great recession occurred on George W. Bush's watch, after nearly a decade of GOP control of all parts of the government. Republicans ran on a platform of blowing up the budget -- Obama ran on one of ending the regressive tax cuts that Bush et. al engineered, and he succeeded, lowering the projected deficit back to pre-recession levels.

Your refusal or inability to read reflects only on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01
    It was a simple question that only required a one word answer. Let me ask again: who gets credit for reducing the deficit during Clinton's presidency: Clinton or Republicans? Just one word answer please.
    As above, already asked and answered. And no, it wasn't a "simple question that only required a one word answer" simply because you stupidly said so. Your allergy to details is what defines you as a retarded, low-information Trump supporter, but is your problem, and nobody else's.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 09-13-2018 at 12:20 AM.

Since you didn't read what I wrote, and instead repeated yourself, I'll do the same
    It's just a simple yes/no question. Yes I am stating your argument correctly, or no and explain what I got wrong. Am I asking too much?

And no, it wasn't a "simple question that only required a one word answer" simply because you stupidly said so.
    It really is a question that only requires a one word answer. You can feel free to explain your answer but the question literally only requires a one word answer.

So, again, who gets credit: Clinton or Republicans?

Blog Entries

~You do realize your inability to read reflects only on you, right?

~Stupidly summarizing

~Again, your lack of reading reflects only on you

~ Aren't they lucky that they have moronic, low-information supporters

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's just a simple yes/no question. Yes I am stating your argument correctly, or no and explain what I got wrong. Am I asking too much?
    Repeating yourself doesn't make your response any less stupid.

It really is a question that only requires a one word answer. You can feel free to explain your answer but the question literally only requires a one word answer.
    Your unilateral declaration that that question only requires a one-word answer is just that -- you, bloviating, because of your ongoing allergy to details.

So, again, who gets credit: Clinton or Republicans?
    Already asked and answered. You didn't read it the last few times, so scroll up and try again.

Since you didn't read what I wrote, and instead repeated yourself, I'll do the same:

Your refusal or inability to read reflects only on you.

As above, already asked and answered. And no, it wasn't a "simple question that only required a one word answer" simply because you stupidly said so. Your allergy to details is what defines you as a retarded, low-information Trump supporter, but is your problem, and nobody else's.
    Repeating yourself doesn't make your response any less stupid. Retard. Lol@your rep

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Repeating yourself doesn't make your response any less stupid. Retard. Lol@your rep
    Spoken with the least self-awareness of anyone on the forum, says the guy who literally recycles the same 2 posts, endlessly, literally for years. Amazing.

Spoken with the least self-awareness of anyone on the forum, says the guy who literally recycles the same 2 posts, endlessly, literally for years. Amazing.
    You're retarded.

Both Reagan and George W. Bush had specific plans that their Congresses passed: Regressive tax cuts. Republicans, along with that minority of southern, conservative Democrats share the blame for going along with Reagan's ideas. George W. Bush's, however, you have solely the Republicans to blame.

Bush's 2001 tax cuts passed with 216 Republican votes for, 13 Democrats for to ZERO Republican votes against and 196 Democratic votes against.

Bush's 2003 tax cuts passed with 218 Republican votes for, 4 Democratic votes for to THREE Republican votes against and 199 Democratic votes against.

Those decisions -- particularly the post-Afghanistan invasion decision to further cut taxes during a time of war -- are the biggest reason for the exploding deficit.

The GOP had one-party control of the government for most of George W. Bush's tenure, and again, Greenspan, appointed by Reagan and chairman of the fed for two decades, oversaw the great recession.

Bush left office with record-setting deficits and a projected fiscal nightmare. Democrats are the ones -- and specifically Obama, who campaigned on the platform of ending the tax cuts for the rich -- who let the Bush tax cuts expire after the GOP repeatedly renewed them. They're the ones who, along with the newfound rediscovery of austerity among the Republicans, got the federal deficit under reasonable, pre-recession control.

Under control until...... Trump took office, upon which time it was to give a enormous, regressive tax break to the super-wealthy again.

Conservatives have absolutely zero credibility on the topic of fiscal responsibility. None. You threw it away, gleefully.

By all means, my reality-averse friend, try again. The devil's in the details, and you've demonstrated time and time and time and time again, you're absolutely allergic to them.
    Remember when democrats controlled the House, which is where spending bills originate, for all 8 years of Reagan's presidency?
    Last edited by Methais; 09-13-2018 at 11:00 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    You're retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Remember when democrats controlled the House, which is where spending bills originate, for all 8 years of Reagan's presidency?
    That's your simplified explanation that requires you be ignorant of the facts. As NYT reported in the 80's regarding Reagan's first tax cut that led to the "double dip" recession:

"The key vote, 238 to 195, gave Mr. Reagan a third upset victory over the Democratic House majority on fiscal issues. The President won by virtue of the same coalition of Republicans and Southern Democrats that brought him victory in May on the budget resolution and in June on the budget reconciliation bill."

Your lack of interest in details is basically what makes you a modern-day conservative. Absolutely nobody is surprised by it -- believing your position requires that you be willfully ignorant. Republicans, along with a minority of southern, conservative Democrats passed Reagan's nonsense. But, sure. "DEMOCRATS!!!shift+1!!," shit-for-brains ignoramus. Special kudos for, like Tgo, completely surrendering on the George W. Bush sprees which were far greater.
    Last edited by Ashliana; 09-13-2018 at 11:29 AM.