Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do single-character players still play?

Here's some more information I pulled from a couple of sites:

Daily active users (DAU) is the total number of users that engage in some way with a web or mobile product on a given day. In most cases, to be considered “active,” users simply have to view or open the product. Web and mobile app businesses typically consider DAU as their primary measure of growth or engagement.

Monthly active users (MAU) is the aggregate sum of daily active users over a period of one month. In most cases, to be considered a “monthly active user,” a person has to open or view an app at least once in the period of one month. The ratio of DAU/MAU is typically a measure of ‘stickiness’ for internet products.

https://amplitude.com/blog/2016/01/1...-active-users/

Perhaps more interestingly:

Of course, the closer to 100% engagement your product has, the better. When it comes to average benchmarks though, the ‘norm’ varies significantly between products, type of engagement, and industry. Look at the DAU/MAU Ratios for companies with a similar type of product or in the same industry.

Sequoia tweeted the standard DAU/MAU ratio is 10-20% with only a handful of companies over 50%.

https://www.geckoboard.com/learn/kpi...dau-mau-ratio/

That's still assuming on average 5 accounts per real world player, as noted by Viekn, which I'm hoping is true. But, it's clear there are some that take this game very seriously, and/or, enjoy having multi accounts. The example of 14 may be an extreme...but we just don't know for sure. With that said, 50 may have been way too low. My original guess at 100 I'll stick by being closer to the actual. I think there are some out there with dozens that we simply don't account for. Even going through OTF now there are bot-hordes of 7-8 characters.

3. Default

So i read this as "single players". GS dating service.
    ~@~The Alliance of High Elven Society's GSWiki Page~@~
    ~@~Support the Alliance: Check Out Our Endowment Shop~@~
    ~@~Ensorcelling Services - Enchanting Services - Sheath Making~@~
    ~@~COMING SOON: Forging Services - Cobbling Services - Fletching Services~@~

4. Default

Get your mind out of the gutter ltleprincess
    Last edited by gilchristr; 12-02-2017 at 01:43 AM.
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by gilchristr View Post
    Get your mind out of the gutter ltleprincess
    Y u gotta be so rude...

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlprprincess View Post
    So i read this as "single players". GS dating service.
    I wasn't really sure how to phrase my question to avoid this, though to be fair I put about six seconds into it.

Blog Entries

I have two accounts but they both aren't active at the same time outside of when my wizard spells up. While I think folks do have +1 accounts on average I do not think they are all running at the same time. To me it's no different than having 5 characters on one account, I may play them all and all differently but they have their sole focuses.

Some folks will be rolling hunting teams out but I think most people with MA aren't on both or all of them together 100% of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Agree, thanks for providing the info. Odd, though that right now there are 400 characters on. At max we reach close to 600 during EG. Where are the other 900? Dormant? Or it's just luck of the draw that so many log on sparingly?
    Most of us have jobs. Some have family. A few have other interests. Not every character is logged in 24/7 or even close to that.

9. Default

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Even going through OTF now there are bot-hordes of 7-8 characters.
    I wouldn't use OTF deathsquads as the baseline for determining MAing statistics. I have characters in most towns and I almost never see them elsewhere, usually it's just an invisible wizard hanging around TC, sitting at a table, or only logging in to cast spells then logging off.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.