Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do single-character players still play?

Default Do single-character players still play?

I left the game white a while ago, but it seems the character base is still around the same as it was when I quit. Is this largely do to multi-box, or are there still quite a few individuals running single characters?

I'm trying to figure out if it's still reasonable to expect interaction, or if the game is basically people masturbating while they rest down from script hunting.

The only person still playing is Tgo01 and he MA's the entire GS population.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I'd say it's approximately 50 unique players with the rest being their multi accounts. Many of those multi accounts are interactive, with different personalities...which makes it interesting finding the traits that relate to the original person you knew and going: " ha, that must be a so and so alt"
    Last edited by Erous; 12-01-2017 at 05:37 PM.

...yikes. I can see the appeal of the metagame in figuring out who the proxies are, but ouch. A big part of what made it so fun was the varied people and interactions...

I'd hate to have three distinctly different relationships that are all swaying simultaneously just because their player can't separate IG from OOC.

i came back from 15 year absense, started back in september.....so if you wana cyber with some new blood.......

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I'd say it's approximately 50 unique players with the rest being their multi accounts. Many of those multi accounts are interactive, with different personalities...which makes it interesting finding the traits that relate to the original person you knew and going: " ha, that must be a so and so alt"
    You're saying that the GS subscription base is just 50 unique individual people and it's either them or their alts that make up the entire character base?

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    You're saying that the GS subscription base is just 50 unique individual people and it's either them or their alts that make up the entire character base?
    At first I thought it was closer to 100. But then I joined lnet a couple days ago. One person said they had 14 alts playing, another said that had 6 capped characters running. My character dated someone that had 5 unique female characters all having multiple relationships...some of the boyfriends would come around and spy on me...it was horrible.

Right there that's 25 characters between 3 people and that's not counting tgo!

Blog Entries

MAing is prevalent but it's not 'there are only 50 people playing' prevalent.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

I only have one character and one account. It’s how I’ve always played. It’s honestly more cheapness and laziness than anything else but has worked fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    I left the game white a while ago
    You pulling a reverse Michael Jackson?

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    The only person still playing is Tgo01 and he MA's the entire GS population.
    Hey I only have 214 accounts.