Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do I die less from voids?

Default how do I die less from voids?

This is annoying:

A Grimswarm orc warlock throws his head back and roars, shaking off the stun!
    A Grimswarm orc warlock gestures at you!
    A void rips open in the area, directly above you!
    You are sucked into the void!
    Rather abrupt decompression causes you to explode!
    Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
    Quite severely dead.
    * Kupaka has been vaporized!
    A Grimswarm giant dissembler throws her head back and roars, shaking off the stun!
    A Grimswarm giant dissembler gestures at you!
    A void rips open in the area, directly above you!
    You are sucked into the void!
    Rather abrupt decompression causes you to explode!
    Billions and billions of tiny bits of flesh shower everything.
    Quite severely dead.
    * Kupaka has been vaporized!
    Why isn't there a formula being shown? Is there no TD defense for this? I don't see anything on Wiki for this.
    Last edited by dex; 11-28-2017 at 11:57 PM.

I am hoping it gets moved to SMAN 2.0 soon for skills to play a better role, usually it is a cheap death with not much you can do.

I'm sure there is more to defend from it, but higher level and a lucky/low roll for sure.

Void resistance does not help with that instant death, only in the event you survive that roll and mitigates the damage that results.

Maybe some spells.
    Last edited by Roblar; 11-29-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Purify Air (207)?

Implosion creates a black void which destroys all of the air around the target(s), subjecting them to vacuum injuries. Then the air will rush back into the area (shortly afterwards), subjecting its victim(s) to the force of the returning air, and likely the impact of any loose objects striking them and doing additional damage. Because the damage is done by air, Purify Air (207) offers some protection against this spell.
    Last edited by Middian; 11-29-2017 at 12:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Purify air helps, but the bestdefense is to kill those fuckers before they can hit you. Have every single grim sorcerer name variation highlighted and take them out first. They should always be your first priority. I think I had rangers as my second, for nature's fury. It can be tricky in that sometimes they are just "guard" too.

Your list of shit to kill after the sorcerer may vary, I was a warrior so a lot of the cmans didn't really bother me much, but sorcerers should always be first for any profession.
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-29-2017 at 12:47 AM.

Highlighting and killing first - the technique I use for Grims as well.

Dissemblers, warlocks and witches should be an immediate Target and destroy. At the least put them in roundtime. If you get multiple of those kind in a swarm, it's time to leave.

Sentries too. Those are the bitch of the bunch, since they don't stun.

Is there any hidden TD check for these? Does having higher TD (spiritual?) help at all, or doesn't matter whatsoever with these?

I think it's almost entirely level based. Pretty much nothing else helps. It's a pretty cheap spell.

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Is there any hidden TD check for these? Does having higher TD (spiritual?) help at all, or doesn't matter whatsoever with these?
    it's Implosion. I actually did ask Estild about modernizing it at SimuCon this year exactly because of the questions you have. It is very much level-based. Don't let them cast is honestly the best advice.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.