Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Official: ESN: Solance (1140)!

Blog Entries

[Private]-GSIV:Ginto: "want healing?"
    [PrivateTo]-GSIV:Ginto: "I'm not even injured"

Last edited by Taernath; 11-29-2017 at 09:55 AM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

There's problems with post cap advancement, mainly it will dis-incentivize people starting out. Getting to cap takes years in this game, adding more years to that makes it very unpalatable to even starting the game.

And yep, this spell sucks. Anyone else been seeing the power decline across the board from items to spells to event drops ever since Mario took over?
    Last edited by Parn; 11-29-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Blog Entries

The longer someone plays the more likely they will be near/at cap. These are the players you need to retain. "New" players are assumed to be quite rare. A person with a capped character starting over isn't likely (IMO) to be disincentivized by post-cap goals as he already has experienced said grind. You could argue it either way, but I know as a player with both capped and new characters that I would like more development in the post-capped side of the house.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Parn View Post
    There's problems with post cap advancement, mainly it will dis-incentivize people starting out. Getting to cap takes years in this game, adding more years to that makes it very unpalatable to even starting the game.

And yep, this spell sucks. Anyone else been seeing the power decline across the board from items to spells to event drops ever since Mario took over?
    Mmmm conspiracy theories. Let's not remember the number of RTCFs, GM auction or DMs where high end items have gone out since Mario took over. Or the Hot Sorcerer Nights, flares/padding/weighting enchanting, SWP changes, etc. I'd say there's been far more improvements to the game then "declines."

If your goal in playing Gemstone is only to cap, then sure it might seem like a daunting task to get to 100 for people just starting out. That being said, the game wasn't really amazingly better for me at cap then it was post 50. It was/is the storylines, customizability and community that keeps a lot of people playing. I'd swap a capped character for a fully fleshed out, interesting, well-dressed/styled lowbie anyday... in fact I often do! =p

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    The longer someone plays the more likely they will be near/at cap. These are the players you need to retain. "New" players are assumed to be quite rare. A person with a capped character starting over isn't likely (IMO) to be disincentivized by post-cap goals as he already has experienced said grind. You could argue it either way, but I know as a player with both capped and new characters that I would like more development in the post-capped side of the house.
    Also this +1
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 11-29-2017 at 11:00 AM.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

I'm NOT changing my name!

6. Default

There is no solace, only soulance
    Your mind is completely fucked. It is imperative that you unfuck immediately!