Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official: ESN: Solance (1140)!

Default Official: ESN: Solance (1140)!

audioserf note: The spell sucks so much I spelled the name wrong in the thread title, deal with it I guess?

On the ninth day of ESN, empaths gained access to a new spell... Solace (1140)!

Solace can be used to IMPRINT a player in the same realm as an auto-success and no spirit cost. It grants 3 + (Mental Lore, Trensference Bonus / 50) charges and lasts the standard imprint duration. Mental Lore, Transference also increases the range of Solace to adjacent realm at 35 ranks, near-adjacent at 70 ranks, and far at 105 ranks. Finally, for 30 seconds after the casting of Solace, the empath can transfer from that player regardless of whether they are "in combat" or not.

Solace has a 60 minute cooldown which can be reduced by 12 seconds for every rank of Spiritual Lore, Blessings.

Let me know what you think!

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Developer's Corner - Empaths. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/232/2595/view/561
    Last edited by audioserf; 11-28-2017 at 03:48 PM.

I can't imagine a more underwhelming 40th level spell, oh my god. Pretty much over the ESN at this point.

Blog Entries

It should have some sort of alternate use that is a benefit to the caster for a 40th level spot.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

This is the worst of any 30th, 35th, or 40th level spell in the game.

I asked if there was any non-healing stuff in ESN, turns out there isn't, but at least he said no nerfs (at least not as part of THIS review... heh)

> I'd like to start by saying that I really appreciate the work put forth during ESN and it's had some seriously cool stuff (I love the messaging updates and hope to some day win the blood mist one myself!) That being said: would it have been more accurate to call this a Healing System Review than an Empath Review? Is there anything for the non-healing focused among us to look forward to during ESN?

You are correct. In hindsight I should have gone for a less catchy name, or maybe just chosen HSN... My apologies for that. I have one thing for you tomorrow (Technically for ALL empaths), and I can also give you the comfort of telling you that no nerfs to empath hunting are a part of this review.

~ Konacon
    Last edited by audioserf; 11-28-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    Eh, Commune should be a cleric ability, not a 30th level spell slot. I would hazard to guess the majority of Clerics at/over level 30 have never cast it. Increase that number even more when you rule out accidental or "What does this do again?" casting.
    Last edited by Fallen; 11-28-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    It is better than 940.

Blog Entries

"Here's a 40th level spell that does the same thing as an innate ability, just slightly better"
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The wounded child is tiny in size.
    The child should prove to be a difficult challenge for you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Konacon
    > 1) In this context, does the word "charge" mean how many individual wounds may be transferred before the imprint is broken?
    Yes.

> 2) When I cast solace, do I cast it AT a person or do I cast it on myself and then IMPRINT while its up?

Cast it AT the person, like you would use 116 or 225.

> 3) Why does normal IMPRINT rely on healing skill check roll for charges (can you give us an idea of how many extra charges you get based on success?) instead of also using Transference bonus like the Solace spell does? (yes I know the success includes that lore but I'm curious why Solace uses Blessings specifically to provide additional charges)

IMPRINT uses the roll for additional charges to help encourage and differentiate between each empath's focus on training in healing-specific skills/spell research. Solace doesn't have a roll, so I picked Transference to provide additional charges to add more benefits for this new lore.

> SWEET. Now how do I train my friends to get my attention?

IMPRINT CALL is a good way as long as your on their imprinted list...

> 4) Is there any easy way in-game to know how much time is remaining on this cooldown? I haven't used it yet but I'm assuming there might be a spell effect on you when you're in cooldown?

There should be a spell effect for the cooldown that is easy to see in SPELL ACTIVE, yes.

~ Konacon

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    It is better than 940.
    I'm not so sure of that. At least 940 could one day be a cool spell, whereas 1140 will apparently never be a cool spell.