Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Official: ESN: Imprint!

Default Official: ESN: Imprint!

On the eighth day of ESN, empaths learned how to IMPRINT their patients with a portion of their presence to allow them to aid them from afar... Empaths can attempt to IMPRINT anyone that isn't an empath once per hour, and using it on a player that you have a healing effect shared with will automatically end the effect.

So what does it do? I'll get to the list of rules in a second, but the effect it grants is: When a player is imprinted, the empath can TRANSFER wounds or scars (no blood) off of them from anywhere in the same realm (Mental Lore, Transference unlocks adjacent realm at 35 ranks, near-adjacent at 70 ranks, and far realm at 105 ranks). Note that this will not work in areas where magic doesn't work or areas that the player couldn't be magically located. It will also not worked if the player has been in combat of some sort in the last 20 seconds (Note: This will be called "in combat" or "out of combat" for the rest of this post).

More information:
    -- Transferring a wound through an imprint costs 10/15/20 stamina per wound rank. If the empath goes into negative stamina while doing this, they will suffer serious physical injuries.
    -- Imprinting costs 2 spirit if it is successful or if it is used on a player that an empath doesn't have the healing effect on. A failure with the healing effect has no cost.
    -- A successful imprint lasts for 30 minutes + (3 seconds per skill bonus in Spiritual Lore, Blessings) and has 3 charges plus extra depending on the success of a healing skill check roll.
    -- A player can only be imprinted by one empath at any time. They have the option to remove an imprint via "IMPRINT STOP".
    -- An empath can have up to (1 + (Mental Lore Transference Ranks / 40)) players imprinted at any time. They can also remove imprints via "IMPRINT STOP".
    -- When a player comes out of combat with notable injuries, an empath that they are imprinted by will be notified that they need assistance.
    -- Empaths can use "IMPRINT CHECK" to see the health status of all of their imprintees at any time as long as they can be transferred from.
    -- Players can use "IMPRINT CALL" when they are injured to notify the last 20 empaths that have imprinted or attempted to imprint them that they need assistance.

The roll for attempting to IMPRINT another player is affected by the following areas of training:
    - Spell Research up to 1x in EACH circle. Overtraining in the empath spell circle does NOT help. Optimal training for imprinting on a level 100 character would be 101/101/101.
    - Lores (Mental Lore: Transformation, Mental Lore: Transference, Spiritual Lore: Blessings)
    - Physical Fitness and First Aid.

I'm sure people have LOTS of questions, so feel free to ask!

~ Konacon

This message was originally posted in Empaths, Developer's Corner - Empaths. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/232/2595/view/520

I am literally never going to use this (or train in Transference since it doesn't yet appear to aid combat) but kudos to them for the thought behind this really cool concept and a way for healing-focused empaths to further specialize.

I see hoards of ma empaths imprinting. I think this could back fire
    W3 4R3 4N0NYM0U5.
    W3 4R3 L3610N.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R61V3.
    W3 D0 N07 F0R637.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by n0551n3n0m1n3 View Post
    I see hoards of ma empaths imprinting. I think this could back fire
    If they are already MAing, little will change for those accounts since they are already supporting whatever account.

And the hordes of female empaths sweating wondering who they'll be allowed to imprint. Think that sexy elf warrior had it for you? You'll know for sure now!

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    And the hordes of female empaths sweating wondering who they'll be allowed to imprint. Think that sexy elf warrior had it for you? You'll know for sure now!
    Now I'm picturing Twilightesque imprinting, thanks. =p

All-in-all, I like this change. It'll be fun to play with it and see how much work I can do while sitting in TSC doing bumpkis but rping.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Confirmed. Konacon dropped acid prior to ESN.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.

Blog Entries

I'd like to see what the exact formula for imprinting success is, because if you fail to imprint you have to wait an hour to try again.

Couple more relevant posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Konacon
    ... I'm an idiot. The stat bonus for Influence also affects the IMPRINT roll as long as the bonus is positive. A negative INF stat does not reduce your chance to imprint.

~ Konacon
    Quote Originally Posted by Konacon
    > is it affected by DEMEANOR?

Yes. In the same fashion as TRANSFER.

~ Konacon
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Konacon

As a wizard, I can have up to 20 empaths imprint or try to. And after that, I can then spam, I mean call for help the last 20 that succesfully or tried to imprint me? So all I need to do is get my empath friends to try to imprint me and I can IMPRINT CALL when I’m in need of help and they’ll all get the message to come save me?

I’ll have to check on it, but it might be spammable right now. If it is, that will be fixed shortly.

I tried to do the imprint with both empath and patient in a non-locatable room and got a failure, which I think? is expected. But now I’m not able to try it again for another hour so I can’t be certain if the no-locate room was the reason or if there’s some other issue or involved.
    [Imprint result: 82 (d100: 72)]

The imprint failed because the roll failed which does put in the one hour cooldown per that patient.

I guess my first real “question” is, does the LTE effect (ESNday3) apply to these remote Transfers, also?

Yes.

~ Konacon
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GM Estild
    Pocket empaths really aren't a concern. People who are using them aren't gaining much since they could already run to their table and instantly get healed anyway, and in many cases, it'll be faster than waiting 20 seconds to be out of combat before healing via imprint.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites