Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Uber Hack

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Yes, generally, the federal government advises against paying hackers but there aren't rules against it so most corporations will end up paying. As for who did it.. sure it could be the Norks but attribution is incredibly difficult for situations like this, expensive too.
    See, I can't wrap my head around the idea of a scenario where the Norks, geographically, were 110% to blame. Or if it was spread out, but clearly ISIS.

Does the status quo of standoffishness merit whether we comply with a monetary sum? Thin lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anticor
    If you and Jar Jar Binks had a child it would rule the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

2. Default

Norks have agents operating in other countries. Also, this doesn't have to be the act of a nation state, plenty of non-state criminal entities with the know how and motive to carry out black hat attacks.

Norks have agents operating in other countries. Also, this doesn't have to be the act of a nation state, plenty of non-state criminal entities with the know how and motive to carry out black hat attacks.
    But if we can definitively place blame on an extremely hostile and/or bonafide terrorist entity, then, eh, does the field of politics come into play and start to mandate whether or not we pay a ransom for a data hack?

And then what starts to happen? Is it somehow governed that the playing field be leveled and we trade .DAT hacks tit-for-tat, even with our worst enemies?
    Last edited by Stanley Burrell; 11-22-2017 at 05:14 PM. Reason: BRAIN HURTS.
    Wikka wikka my nikka yo yo yo yo: CHECK IT. Tha thang in the thang and bedump bedump da BEBANG knowwhatIsayin?!

4. Default

There is a bill that was introduced in Congress last month called the Active Cyber Defense Certainty Act which would allow individuals and corporations to hack back when they have been targeted. It's an incredibly stupid idea and would potentially cause far more problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    YIPPEE KI YAY MOTHERFUCKER
    Alright, Bruce

There is a bill that was introduced in Congress last month called the Active Cyber Defense Certainty Act which would allow individuals and corporations to hack back when they have been targeted. It's an incredibly stupid idea and would potentially cause far more problems.

I … don't even want to begin thinking about how this would reach a zero hour and then how in fuck's sake some sort of RFA, or RFP gets pushed forward and gives the green light to … yeah, brain hurts.

6. Default

It's a terrible idea with 0 chance of passing. Virtually no one in the infosec field thinks it's a good idea but you have some people that don't know better.. think if someone hacks their company and steals data then it would be okay to hack the person back and delete the stolen data. It doesn't work that way though. For starters the average time before a company realizes it has been hacked is somewheres between 100 and 200 days... Then there's the only issue of escalation. Say a company hacks back but hits the wrong target or unleashes malware against another country.

Candor should probably just DDOS the ever-boundless universes.

I open my .DATs with notepad B)
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    I open my .DATs with notepad B)
    I open my deltrees with *fzzzzt* *bleep* 01110011 01101001 01100111 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100

i love u
    -fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Burrell View Post
    I open my deltrees with *fzzzzt* *bleep* 01110011 01101001 01100111 01101110 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100

i love u
    -fhqwhgadshgnsdhjsdbkhsdabkfabkveybvf
    reported.