Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: EA's loot crate infringing upon gambling? Could future changes to gaming impact GSIV?

As someone who went to Catholic school I am clearly the expert here on scientific biology (esp. female) and I can declare with 100% certainty that the woman pictured has both breasts and buttocks.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Two things have not been mentioned in this thread.

1) Gemstone is owned by Simutronics Corporation, wholly owned by Stillfront group out of Sweden. I'm uncertain whether or not there are the same regulations in Sweden that the Battlefront lootcrates could be causing precedent for.
    2) Companies such as Blizzard, with a global presence, have released details in accordance with... I believe Chinese law, which requires them to publish their odds of obtaining particular items from loot crates. This is widely in regards to cosmetic items, but I believe they did something similar to Hearthstone's packs. If there is any debate about a lootcrate-style system being able to grow power, I think Hearthstone would be a good parallel to draw.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    Two things have not been mentioned in this thread.

1) Gemstone is owned by Simutronics Corporation, wholly owned by Stillfront group out of Sweden. I'm uncertain whether or not there are the same regulations in Sweden that the Battlefront lootcrates could be causing precedent for.
    2) Companies such as Blizzard, with a global presence, have released details in accordance with... I believe Chinese law, which requires them to publish their odds of obtaining particular items from loot crates. This is widely in regards to cosmetic items, but I believe they did something similar to Hearthstone's packs. If there is any debate about a lootcrate-style system being able to grow power, I think Hearthstone would be a good parallel to draw.
    Stillfront bought the rest of Simu now? Simutronic's head office is in the US. It is registered as a US Company. It may have a large portion of it owned by a company outside of the US, but that doesn't change that it is registered as a US Company.

Where are the fucking real lawyers when we need them? This place used to be crawling with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    As someone who went to Catholic school I am clearly the expert here on scientific biology (esp. female) and I can declare with 100% certainty that the woman pictured has both breasts and buttocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Stillfront bought the rest of Simu now? Simutronic's head office is in the US. It is registered as a US Company. It may have a large portion of it owned by a company outside of the US, but that doesn't change that it is registered as a US Company.
    It's not so much where a company operates from or is registered but where they do business. Do or allow business operations in China? Need to follow Chinese law (at least in that market). A good example of this is steam/Dota2 , they have a whole second ecosystem that is strictly Chinese and east asian only. The two servers are seperated as best as they can be. This keeps Valve from being fucked over by not being in compliance with Chinese market laws etc.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AnOrdim View Post
    It's not so much where a company operates from or is registered but where they do business. Do or allow business operations in China? Need to follow Chinese law (at least in that market). A good example of this is steam/Dota2 , they have a whole second ecosystem that is strictly Chinese and east asian only. The two servers are seperated as best as they can be. This keeps Valve from being fucked over by not being in compliance with Chinese market laws etc.
    China is also a unique circumstance. There's also further incentives to create IP holding companies in China to additionally protect assets from future theft/etc. It's also neigh impossible to begin litigation with a Chinese company as an outside company.

When we're specifically focused on online gambling, playing the international card has historically been sufficient, depending on where the company is. If a prosecutor comes forth, it's prosecuted where the owning company is incorporated. While yes, Simutronics is still it's wholy owned entity, given that Stillfront is the majority shareholder, it would be a reasonable course of action should EA-style attacks be waged against Simutronics for them to rebrand into Stillfront and absolve the parent corporation from any guilt.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I'm almost positive she is a 12 year old and Methais is a sick, sick man.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Blog Entries

Yeah I saw it. One State Rep from Hawaii is concerned.