Page 5 of 69 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment claims

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    I think Al Franken was just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to politicians and sexual harassment.
    Absolutely. I also believe that Hollywood has just brushed the surface of it's own sexual predation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Absolutely. I also believe that Hollywood has just brushed the surface of it's own sexual predation.
    At first I thought Hollywood shot themselves in the foot by making such a big deal about what a pussy-grabbing sexist Trump was without realizing that the people could turn on them and their own fucked up ways.

Now with more and more Democrats willing to throw Bill Clinton under the bus (finally) I think more and more people are open to taking famous predators to task because they think this will FINALLY be the way to take Trump down.

"Hey, look! We're even willing to give Al Franken and Bill Clinton shit now! It's time to impeach the Orange Hitler!"

As long as they're consistent and want to take down both Democrats and Republicans, both left leaning and right leaning celebrities, then I'm fine with it. But so far George Takei has largely remained unscathed and Al Franken hasn't been forced to resign yet so I'll reserve judgement on this shit. It's easy to throw Bill Clinton under the bus now that he has served his purpose being president and now that people are finally convinced Hillary Clinton ain't gonna do shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's not rape, if that's what you're getting at, but it still falls under the sexual harassment umbrella. You'd want to know if someone was jerking it in front of your wife or kid, right?
    You asked what the difference was. Louis CK didn't touch anyone. He certainly didn't hurt anyone. I'd say there's a rather large difference. Hell, whipping your dick out to take a leak will land you on the sex offenders list if a minor sees it. It's a pretty big umbrella that covers things ranging from ridiculous to rape.

Anyway... I admittedly haven't kept up with this, but did he have these people locked up somewhere? I believe I heard something about him supposedly asking these girls if he could do it and their response was basically just giggling. Were they really not up in arms disgusted about it then and there? Why did they not leave or call the police?

None of that seems to have happened. What happened is "rumors" got out about it because they told some people. It doesn't seem like they went to any police and told them about it. I haven't heard anything about false imprisonment claims or charges. Only now, while the iron is hot, are these people wanting to strike.

Not really. I think a lot of women are coming out now because it seems like people are finally willing to listen and do something about it.
    Yeah, like the old lady that was fake crying during her camera time with Gloria Allred. Look, I'm not dismissing what may have happened to her, but give me a break with the fake ass tears. Shit happened to her like 40 years ago. She's not sitting there crying herself to sleep at night. Playing it up for the media irritates me. The crocodile tears only make the claims look phony. Stop it.

Let's see how many of these people don't take money to make them feel better.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    You asked what the difference was. Louis CK didn't touch anyone. He certainly didn't hurt anyone. I'd say there's a rather large difference. Hell, whipping your dick out to take a leak will land you on the sex offenders list if a minor sees it. It's a pretty big umbrella that covers things ranging from ridiculous to rape.

Anyway... I admittedly haven't kept up with this, but did he have these people locked up somewhere? I believe I heard something about him supposedly asking these girls if he could do it and their response was basically just giggling. Were they really not up in arms disgusted about it then and there? Why did they not leave or call the police?

None of that seems to have happened. What happened is "rumors" got out about it because they told some people. It doesn't seem like they went to any police and told them about it. I haven't heard anything about false imprisonment claims or charges. Only now, while the iron is hot, are these people wanting to strike.

Yeah, like the old lady that was fake crying during her camera time with Gloria Allred. Look, I'm not dismissing what may have happened to her, but give me a break with the fake ass tears. Shit happened to her like 40 years ago. She's not sitting there crying herself to sleep at night. Playing it up for the media irritates me. The crocodile tears only make the claims look phony. Stop it.

Let's see how many of these people don't take money to make them feel better.
    Louis CK stood in front of the door blocking the chicks from leaving.

Regardless, why are you so opposed to the idea that people who have victimized others might be forced to pay for it? Serious question. Because you just seem very perturbed at the idea that these deviants might have to eventually shell out some money for their misdeeds or, even better in my opinion...lose out on future revenues. Seems like a very strange position to take.
    I like penis.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

The Police said the victim of the alleged incident with Jameis Winston never contacted them nor filed a report. Straight to social media. That seems sketch to me. Lot of things just not adding up there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Louis CK stood in front of the door blocking the chicks from leaving.

Regardless, why are you so opposed to the idea that people who have victimized others might be forced to pay for it? Serious question. Because you just seem very perturbed at the idea that these deviants might have to eventually shell out some money for their misdeeds or, even better in my opinion...lose out on future revenues. Seems like a very strange position to take.
    I don't think anyone is opposed to punishing offenders. Their concerns are the seemingly non-existent laws to punish people that make false accusations. Another concern is how these laws are treated when a woman is the offender, I would bet the bank that women receive lighter sentences than men for the same offense.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I don't think anyone is opposed to punishing offenders. Their concerns are the seemingly non-existent laws to punish people that make false accusations. Another concern is how these laws are treated when a woman is the offender, I would bet the bank that women receive lighter sentences than men for the same offense.
    They are starting to get harsher on female teachers who bang their students.

The Police said the victim of the alleged incident with Jameis Winston never contacted them nor filed a report. Straight to social media. That seems sketch to me. Lot of things just not adding up there.
    The Uber driver did report it to Corporate and Corporate said she should go to the police. She said she didn't want the notoriety. Uber removed Winston's account.

I'm a huge Jameis Winston fan.. been that way since he was with FSU.. but he has a history of doing really, really stupid shit and this sounds like something stupid he would do.

He might not have done it, but his history says it's very plausible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The Uber driver did report it to Corporate and Corporate said she should go to the police. She said she didn't want the notoriety. Uber removed Winston's account.

I'm a huge Jameis Winston fan.. been that way since he was with FSU.. but he has a history of doing really, really stupid shit and this sounds like something stupid he would do.

He might not have done it, but his history says it's very plausible.
    I'm siding with him on this one, yeah, I know he has done it in the past, and all the stuff he had to go through because of it makes me think he'd be less likely to do it again. Plus, her story is so full of inconsistencies. And she "doesn't want" the notoriety? I think she has just as much now then if she had gone to the police. I'm sure the NFL will ban him for 5 games though.

I'm siding with him on this one, yeah, I know he has done it in the past, and all the stuff he had to go through because of it makes me think he'd be less likely to do it again.
    I thought the same thing after he was caught on campus with pellet guns "shooting squirrels"... but then after they were released, they had a pellet gun fight at an apartment complex and caused $4000 damage. Then a couple weeks later, he was accused of rape.. the next year he went to a fast food place and allegedly stole soda (sounds retarded I know.. but the employee asked him to stop several times and he was more like "Do you know who I am" and kept drinking soda anyway). Then he shoplifted crabs from Publix, a no show at a code of conduct hearing for the alleged rape, "Fuck her right in the pussy" cafeteria chant...

He has a long and storied history of using his position as an excuse to get away with really stupid shit he does.

Plus, her story is so full of inconsistencies. And she "doesn't want" the notoriety? I think she has just as much now then if she had gone to the police. I'm sure the NFL will ban him for 5 games though.
    Do you know who she is? I thought she was still rather anonymous?
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 11-18-2017 at 08:30 AM.