Page 14 of 69 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Sexual Harassment claims

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Who is giving Franken a pass? I've seen nothing but outrage expressed at him.
    Who has called for him to resign? Any Democrats? Any prominent Democrats? So far the worst I've heard is he MIGHT face a senate ethics investigation. Scary! The most an ethics investigation has done in the past 10+ years is write a letter to a senator basically telling them they should have known better.

Bill Maher even went on his stupid show to say Franken shouldn't resign. ParkBandit posted something by some Republican stating Fraken shouldn't lose his career over his allegations.

Why not? Why is alleged groping a 14 year old 40 years ago grounds for this guy to not even be given a chance to be senator, but actual photographic evidence of him grabbing a woman's tits 10 years and allegations that he sexually assaulted her not grounds for him to be removed/forced to resign?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Who has called for him to resign? Any Democrats? Any prominent Democrats? So far the worst I've heard is he MIGHT face a senate ethics investigation. Scary! The most an ethics investigation has done in the past 10+ years is write a letter to a senator basically telling them they should have known better.

Bill Maher even went on his stupid show to say Franken shouldn't resign. ParkBandit posted something by some Republican stating Fraken shouldn't lose his career over his allegations.

Why not? Why is alleged groping a 14 year old 40 years ago grounds for this guy to not even be given a chance to be senator, but actual photographic evidence of him grabbing a woman's tits 10 years and allegations that he sexually assaulted her not grounds for him to be removed/forced to resign?
    Yeah, he grabbed so much tit through kevlar and SAPI plate. It is unfortunate that you seem to find it the same as child rape. Read up on Roy Moore's history in the first place. He was a dirtbag before these allegations. Most Republicans didn't want him running even before the allegations.

Yeah, he grabbed so much tit through kevlar and SAPI plate.
    So it's okay to grab a woman's tits as long as her tits are protected via clothing? Or does it have to be specifically kevlar?

It is unfortunate that you seem to find it the same as child rape.
    He groped the 14 year old, I'm not "defending" his alleged actions, but let's get the facts straight here.

So is that the line then? Allegedly groping a 14 year old 40 years ago means you can't be in the senate, but photographic evidence of grabbing a woman's tits 10 years ago and allegations that he sexually assaulted her means you can be a senator? I just want someone to tell me where the line is.

Blog Entries

So it's okay to grab a woman's tits as long as her tits are protected via clothing? Or does it have to be specifically kevlar?

He groped the 14 year old, I'm not "defending" his alleged actions, but let's get the facts straight here.

So is that the line then? Allegedly groping a 14 year old 40 years ago means you can't be in the senate, but photographic evidence of grabbing a woman's tits 10 years ago and allegations that he sexually assaulted her means you can be a senator? I just want someone to tell me where the line is.
    No, it is still a lewd act that he shouldn't have done, but he wasn't "grabbing her tits".

As for the second part, that is up to the voters to decide isn't it?
    Last edited by Gelston; 11-19-2017 at 08:43 PM.

No, it is still a lude act that he shouldn't have done, but he wasn't "grabbing her tits".

As for the second part, that is up to the voters to decide isn't it?
    And that's fine if that's the position people want to take, but people are calling for Roy Moore to drop out and the senate is already threatening to expel him if he wins.

Blog Entries

tell me where the line is.
    According to the wisdom of Great White, it's the state line.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

And that's fine if that's the position people want to take, but people are calling for Roy Moore to drop out and the senate is already threatening to expel him if he wins.
    I don't have a problem with them tell him to drop out. Now, if he is elected, they cannot remove him from the Senate for actions that took place while he was not a senator. And even if they somehow found a Constitutional way to do it, there'd be a special election inwhich he could run and win again. This has actually happened before when another Congressman was removed.

I don't give a flying fuck. I want there to be consistent rules in this shit. Maybe you should stop being a partisan hack, Mr "Republican."
    I didn't say you did, I patiently explained to you why you're all alone on this ridiculous limb.
    Depends if the Democrat gets enough votes. Moore's name stays on the ballot even if he drops out and if he gets the most votes then the election is null and they hold a new election.
    Good luck with that.
    I'm not "demanding" a quid pro quo, stop being stupid. I'm "demanding" people be consistent in their shit.
    You sir, are no Republican.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

I don't have a problem with them tell him to drop out. Now, if he is elected, they cannot remove him from the Senate for actions that took place while he was not a senator. And even if they somehow found a Constitutional way to do it, there'd be a special election inwhich he could run and win again. This has actually happened before when another Congressman was removed.
    The Senate can remove a senator at any time for any reason with a 2/3rds majority vote.

Under Article I, Section 5, clause 2, of the Constitution, a Member of Congress may be removed from office before the normal expiration of his or her constitutional term by an “expulsion” from the Senate (if a Senator) or from the House of Representatives (if a Representative) upon a formal vote on a resolution agreed ...
    Last edited by Archigeek; 11-19-2017 at 08:58 PM.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

The Constitution gives the Senate (and House) absolute discretion in expelling a member in Article 1 Section 5. It does not require a conviction, actions taking place while serving, or any other condition whatsoever.

As you say there would be another election in that event, but even if Moore won again it would not constitute a Constitutional crisis. What you have to remember is the Founding Fathers gave no f***s about democracy or the common people. They would be perfectly happy for the Senate to expel Moore or any other Senator indefinitely, that's why they gave the Senate the power to do so.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.