Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    One thing I also noticed is why is GS more active at night than day? Are MUDs something people usually play at night?

Welcome! It's more populated at night basically because we all have day jobs

I recommend going on hunts with the Drakes Vanguard, they go out every night at 8 or 8:30-- it's always a good time, and it is a great way to meet people, and learn how and where to hunt. If you're in Landing, listen on the thought net (obtain, wear, and rub a crystal amulet) for announcements from Svardin.

Quote Originally Posted by GS4-Seomanthe View Post
    Welcome! It's more populated at night basically because we all have day jobs

I recommend going on hunts with the Drakes Vanguard, they go out every night at 8 or 8:30-- it's always a good time, and it is a great way to meet people, and learn how and where to hunt. If you're in Landing, listen on the thought net (obtain, wear, and rub a crystal amulet) for announcements from Svardin.
    Oh, are you a Game Master/Moderator? Good to hear from ya. I do notice most players are rather older than most gaming demographics. Now, with that being said does Simutronics have any plans to advertise the game to a new generation of players? Will we expect another video like the one that got me introduced here a month and a half back? What new deals are you offering to new and returning players to get them interested. I know it will be tough to advertise a text-based game but hey, people still play Dungeons and Dragons right?

Blog Entries

You will not see GMs on this forum in any official capacity. They will only respond on https://forums.elanthia.online/. Another forum for Gemstone. This is LNET and other place is Prime channel from my last comment.

I'm sorry if i came off harsh.. the things I'd do as a young warrior if you can swing the 15 dollars to pay a sub fee.. i'd start to make sweet with every empath in tsc.. I'd spend as much time as I could learning guild skills(can do this after you sub). I'd then start talking with people in helden hall (there are many houses but that particular one caters towards warriors and it's right outside of the guild). All of those included with the information about lich will give you ample chances to meet people and role play. One thing that i don't see mentioned is that you should think about the future and the stat cruncher will help with that before you are level 20 http://www.nitefallz.com/
    Last edited by Roiken; 11-08-2017 at 11:23 PM. Reason: wizard warrior, W profession

Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.

Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.
    you can read the promotions thread for the past couple of years to get a sense of the situation.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...romotions/view
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    you can read the promotions thread for the past couple of years to get a sense of the situation.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...romotions/view
    Aagain, thanks for the reply and information. I`m still curious though, is the game population growing? How well is it growing then?

I`m still curious though, is the game population growing? How well is it growing then?
    The game's population is down dramatically from it's heyday of the early 2000's. Ever since then it's been on a gradual decline. Over the past couple of years the population has been growing, it's probably now where the game was 5 or 6 years ago.

Here's a thread where I keep track of the game's population on a daily basis. Daily meaning whenever I remember and feel like updating it.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...anthian-Census

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The game's population is down dramatically from it's heyday of the early 2000's. Ever since then it's been on a gradual decline. Over the past couple of years the population has been growing, it's probably now where the game was 5 or 6 years ago.

Here's a thread where I keep track of the game's population on a daily basis. Daily meaning whenever I remember and feel like updating it.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...anthian-Census
    So how high was it back at the day? ANd how low did the game population actually go? Wehn the game did have a larger population was the community more toxic?

So how high was it back at the day? ANd how low did the game population actually go? Wehn the game did have a larger population was the community more toxic?
    Sometimes the population of the game reached 2000+ people, although that was during peak times and died down during non peak hours. I used to see less than 100 people on a couple of years ago, but that was in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I usually see fewer than 100 on now. The lowest population prime time wise was probably in the 300s. I don't think they game was necessarily more toxic back then.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-09-2017 at 05:07 AM.