Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

  1. #41

    Default

    Yes, you can cancel your subscription and your character(s), inventory and all achievements will be just as you left whenever you decide to reactive, even decades later.

    Warriors don't have have their own spell circles, but they do have access to minor spiritual and minor elemental spell circles that are shared among a few professions. It is very expensive in training points though, most would not advise learning any (or more than a couple) before level 100 cap. It is more of a postcap or far postcap goal without gimping your warrior in other core areas.

  2. #42

    Default

    Definately rare to find genuine new players but you're not the only one. I helped a real new player about a month ago in the landing. Spent about an hour explaining and giving tips and a bit of basic gear. Glad to have you interested in this archaic, relic of a game. Dust it off and explore. There is a lot to discover. If you like reading up and learning game mechanics or finer details check out the wiki. And I can recommend installing lich and some basic scripts once you get your bearings. These forums are indeed the best place still to get information but there are also plenty of mean trolls so prepare to have a thick skin.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..:: My Wares ::..

    WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Yes, you can cancel your subscription and your character(s), inventory and all achievements will be just as you left whenever you decide to reactive, even decades later.

    Warriors don't have have their own spell circles, but they do have access to minor spiritual and minor elemental spell circles that are shared among a few professions. It is very expensive in training points though, most would not advise learning any (or more than a couple) before level 100 cap. It is more of a postcap or far postcap goal without gimping your warrior in other core areas.
    Wait explain that again. Do you mean if I cancel subscription my character is on hold and cannot be accessed as long as I don't pay for subscription again? Is this what you mean?

  4. #44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Wait explain that again. Do you mean if I cancel subscription my character is on hold and cannot be accessed as long as I don't pay for subscription again? Is this what you mean?
    I can jump in here: your account will still be useable but it won't include the features subscribers get it will just downgrade to a f2p account.

    Warriors are not designed to cast spells at all. If you are interested in spells and melee strength consider a highbrid (semi) class like ranger, paladin, bard, monk. Warriors are pure physical/melee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ..:: My Wares ::..

    WANTED:
    Un-navable Gold Ring
    AUR Enhancives, Spell Aim Enhancives
    Spear/Jav Bando or Returner (prefer War-Hammer, but open)
    C==||====> Custom Forging Services - Get your perfect 2hander or Polearm now! <====||==D

  5. #45

    Default

    Is that right? Are you saying that an account can switch from f2p to sub and back again?

  6. #46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I can jump in here: your account will still be useable but it won't include the features subscribers get it will just downgrade to a f2p account.
    If you cancel a paid account you can't access it at all until you start paying again. But the account should still be around in the future if you decide to reactivate.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Is that right? Are you saying that an account can switch from f2p to sub and back again?
    I thought once you took an f2p account to a subbed account you couldn't go back to f2p.

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    I still have some questions. Suppose I try to be a subscriber but I canceled the subscription or did not pay the subscription fee anymore, will I lose my character forever? Also, what is your opinion on spell using warriors. What level do you advise I start learning my warrior spell circles?

    You cannot go back to F2P, but his question above was if he was a paid subscriber what would happen to his character (it would resume where he left it as he left it) upon returning/re-activating.
    Last edited by Roblar; 11-10-2017 at 07:16 PM.

  9. #49

    Default

    So I can return back to my character any time I want suppose I subscribe again. What about character purges? It is said if a character is not played in six months the system will remove the character from the database

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    7,142
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default

    They don't purge names, like ever.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •