Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.
    you can read the promotions thread for the past couple of years to get a sense of the situation.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...romotions/view
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.

Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    you can read the promotions thread for the past couple of years to get a sense of the situation.

http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...romotions/view
    Aagain, thanks for the reply and information. I`m still curious though, is the game population growing? How well is it growing then?

I`m still curious though, is the game population growing? How well is it growing then?
    The game's population is down dramatically from it's heyday of the early 2000's. Ever since then it's been on a gradual decline. Over the past couple of years the population has been growing, it's probably now where the game was 5 or 6 years ago.

Here's a thread where I keep track of the game's population on a daily basis. Daily meaning whenever I remember and feel like updating it.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...anthian-Census

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    The game's population is down dramatically from it's heyday of the early 2000's. Ever since then it's been on a gradual decline. Over the past couple of years the population has been growing, it's probably now where the game was 5 or 6 years ago.

Here's a thread where I keep track of the game's population on a daily basis. Daily meaning whenever I remember and feel like updating it.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...anthian-Census
    So how high was it back at the day? ANd how low did the game population actually go? Wehn the game did have a larger population was the community more toxic?

So how high was it back at the day? ANd how low did the game population actually go? Wehn the game did have a larger population was the community more toxic?
    Sometimes the population of the game reached 2000+ people, although that was during peak times and died down during non peak hours. I used to see less than 100 people on a couple of years ago, but that was in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I usually see fewer than 100 on now. The lowest population prime time wise was probably in the 300s. I don't think they game was necessarily more toxic back then.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 11-09-2017 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Sometimes the population of the game reached 2000+ people, although that was during peak times and died down during non peak hours. I used to see less than 100 people on a couple of years ago, but that was in the wee hours of the morning. I don't think I usually see fewer than 100 on now. The lowest population prime time wise was probably in the 300s. I don't think they game was necessarily more toxic back then.
    Well, I do seem to see that we are on our way reaching half what the game used to be. I belive in this community to grow I just hope everyone goes out of their way to bring old players back as well as bring in new ones, like me.