Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 74

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

  1. #61

    Default

    Well thanks for the answers. For a second I thought my char that I worked hard for will disappear in a few months
    Last edited by Hlendril; 11-10-2017 at 11:07 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    4,126

    Default

    I know what Whirlin said, but I'm not entirely convinced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I know what Whirlin said, but I'm not entirely convinced.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Some good news here. ...

    The number of non-Hispanic white people in the United States decreased for the first time in the nation's history ...
    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The good news I was referring to is that the deplorable boomers are dying off

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    4,721
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    I know what Whirlin said, but I'm not entirely convinced.
    Verified again with more IP tracing.


    >forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

    1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

  5. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    What do you mean by "cover themselves"? If characters don't disappear then why do returning players always start anew,?
    A lot of people cash out when they quit, not expecting to return. And then they end up returning. Sometimes they're able to buy their character back, sometimes they can't so they either buy another character or start from scratch.

    Another thing to keep in mind is a lot of "official" information is outdated and Simu just lets it rot on the website, unless they got their shit together sometime recently and finally cleaned it up, which I doubt.

    Gemstone in a nutshell: Really awesome game, but could still be 47320478390x better if it weren't run by a company that's run by very stupid people.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-11-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  6. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    A lot of people cash out when they quit, not expecting to return. And then they end up returning. Sometimes they're able to buy their character back, sometimes they can't so they either buy another character or start from scratch.

    Another thing to keep in mind is a lot of "official" information is outdated and Simu just lets it rot on the website, unless they got their shit together sometime recently and finally cleaned it up, which I doubt.

    Gemstone in a nutshell: Really awesome game, but could still be 47320478390x better if it weren't run by a company that's run by very stupid people.
    One can only wonder if Gemstone was run by Wizards of the Coast... Or Jagex.

  7. #67

    Default

    Is anyone else having a hard time launching the browser front end client?

  8. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Is anyone else having a hard time launching the browser front end client?
    yes. I use it for login rewards, otherwise I wouldn't recommend using it for actually playing.
    PB: One day you'll need this number (800) 273-TALK.

  9. #69

    Default

    Don't play in the browser if you can help it. Stormfront is my favorite. Some people use Wizard, but I don't really see the upside besides nostalgia.
    You have committed 2 crimes in Icemule Trace in the last six months. They are:
    1 count of murder
    1 count of jailbreak

    You have committed 1 crimes in Ta'Vaalor in the last six months. They are:
    1 count of hooliganism

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •