Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 74

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

  1. #51

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Is that right? Are you saying that an account can switch from f2p to sub and back again?
    I thought once you took an f2p account to a subbed account you couldn't go back to f2p.

  2. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    I still have some questions. Suppose I try to be a subscriber but I canceled the subscription or did not pay the subscription fee anymore, will I lose my character forever? Also, what is your opinion on spell using warriors. What level do you advise I start learning my warrior spell circles?

    You cannot go back to F2P, but his question above was if he was a paid subscriber what would happen to his character (it would resume where he left it as he left it) upon returning/re-activating.
    Last edited by Roblar; 11-10-2017 at 08:16 PM.

  3. #53

    Default

    So I can return back to my character any time I want suppose I subscribe again. What about character purges? It is said if a character is not played in six months the system will remove the character from the database

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    6,269
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    They don't purge names, like ever.

  5. #55

    Default

    The only way you're at risk of losing an account is if you do something stupid and get perma-banned or they close down the servers forever. They don't purge accounts.

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,669
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    So I can return back to my character any time I want suppose I subscribe again. What about character purges? It is said if a character is not played in six months the system will remove the character from the database
    Even when they did do a purge, they didn't hit character names above like level 5 or 10, and I think it was only ones from AOL days. They haven't done one in a long time though.

  7. #57

    Default

    Well thats confusing, the policy of the game said it purges characters, its even at the wiki.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,669
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Well thats confusing, the policy of the game said it purges characters, its even at the wiki.
    They don't. They could, but they don't.

  9. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    They don't. They could, but they don't.
    Well what explains the statement thats says if a character is not used in six months it will be removed from the data?

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    21,669
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Well what explains the statement thats says if a character is not used in six months it will be removed from the data?
    It is just to cover themselves.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •