Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 74

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

  1. #41

    Default

    Well thats a shame. Still, I'd rather stay here. I just want to forget about modern games for a while. Anyway, this thread is already 4 pages, who knew ya guys can be active here. So, even with my low-low level is it still possible to participate in the current storyline of sort or not?

  2. #42

    Default

    You hear the faint thoughts of Svardin echo in your mind:
    [Global]: "Da Drakes Vanguard will lead da Rampart Rampage from our Headquarters in Wehnimer's Landin in about forty-five minutes. Joins da huntin fun! We're through da gate just north of da trail ta da Voln monastery!"

    This is a very active group for all levels and just one example, check the calendar for more.

    "If you die owing money, you win."

  3. #43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Askip View Post
    You hear the faint thoughts of Svardin echo in your mind:
    [Global]: "Da Drakes Vanguard will lead da Rampart Rampage from our Headquarters in Wehnimer's Landin in about forty-five minutes. Joins da huntin fun! We're through da gate just north of da trail ta da Voln monastery!"

    This is a very active group for all levels and just one example, check the calendar for more.

    I can't recommend this enough. Svardin does an amazing job, along with others who belong to the Drakes Vanguard

  4. #44

    Default

    I still have some questions. Suppose I try to be a subscriber but I canceled the subscription or did not pay the subscription fee anymore, will I lose my character forever? Also, what is your opinion on spell using warriors. What level do you advise I start learning my warrior spell circles?

  5. #45

    Default

    Yes, you can cancel your subscription and your character(s), inventory and all achievements will be just as you left whenever you decide to reactive, even decades later.

    Warriors don't have have their own spell circles, but they do have access to minor spiritual and minor elemental spell circles that are shared among a few professions. It is very expensive in training points though, most would not advise learning any (or more than a couple) before level 100 cap. It is more of a postcap or far postcap goal without gimping your warrior in other core areas.

  6. #46

    Default

    Definately rare to find genuine new players but you're not the only one. I helped a real new player about a month ago in the landing. Spent about an hour explaining and giving tips and a bit of basic gear. Glad to have you interested in this archaic, relic of a game. Dust it off and explore. There is a lot to discover. If you like reading up and learning game mechanics or finer details check out the wiki. And I can recommend installing lich and some basic scripts once you get your bearings. These forums are indeed the best place still to get information but there are also plenty of mean trolls so prepare to have a thick skin.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Yes, you can cancel your subscription and your character(s), inventory and all achievements will be just as you left whenever you decide to reactive, even decades later.

    Warriors don't have have their own spell circles, but they do have access to minor spiritual and minor elemental spell circles that are shared among a few professions. It is very expensive in training points though, most would not advise learning any (or more than a couple) before level 100 cap. It is more of a postcap or far postcap goal without gimping your warrior in other core areas.
    Wait explain that again. Do you mean if I cancel subscription my character is on hold and cannot be accessed as long as I don't pay for subscription again? Is this what you mean?

  8. #48

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Wait explain that again. Do you mean if I cancel subscription my character is on hold and cannot be accessed as long as I don't pay for subscription again? Is this what you mean?
    I can jump in here: your account will still be useable but it won't include the features subscribers get it will just downgrade to a f2p account.

    Warriors are not designed to cast spells at all. If you are interested in spells and melee strength consider a highbrid (semi) class like ranger, paladin, bard, monk. Warriors are pure physical/melee.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  9. #49

    Default

    Is that right? Are you saying that an account can switch from f2p to sub and back again?

  10. #50

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I can jump in here: your account will still be useable but it won't include the features subscribers get it will just downgrade to a f2p account.
    If you cancel a paid account you can't access it at all until you start paying again. But the account should still be around in the future if you decide to reactivate.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •