Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

Thread: A I the only real new player in Gemstone?

  1. #21

    Default

    Also realize after you hit 50 or so you've pretty much experienced the vast bulk of the mechanics for your particular class, the only new things are more unique hunting grounds. That is to say, the staying power doesn't rest on mechanics any more beyond 50.

  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Depends how often you play. 1k to 2k experience per hour is pretty standard for someone hunting/rest to clear/hunting/etc. It's about 7.5 mil experience to reach level 100 so that's between 7500 hours and 3750 hours. If you play for 2 hours a day, even at 2k experience an hour, that's about 5 years. 4 hours a day and it's a mere 2.5 years.

    This doesn't include Lumnis or RPAs so it could be a bit faster.
    Well thanks for the information! I really thought it would take such a long time as stated by Whirling. I suppose the greatest hinderance to leveling up is me because I want to Roleplay. Also I often skip Adventurer's guild tasks that involve Gems and Skinning animals because I am not too good at them.

    One thing I also noticed is why is GS more active at night than day? Are MUDs something people usually play at night?

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    One thing I also noticed is why is GS more active at night than day? Are MUDs something people usually play at night?

    Welcome! It's more populated at night basically because we all have day jobs

    I recommend going on hunts with the Drakes Vanguard, they go out every night at 8 or 8:30-- it's always a good time, and it is a great way to meet people, and learn how and where to hunt. If you're in Landing, listen on the thought net (obtain, wear, and rub a crystal amulet) for announcements from Svardin.
    _________________
    /seo/

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GS4-Seomanthe View Post
    Welcome! It's more populated at night basically because we all have day jobs

    I recommend going on hunts with the Drakes Vanguard, they go out every night at 8 or 8:30-- it's always a good time, and it is a great way to meet people, and learn how and where to hunt. If you're in Landing, listen on the thought net (obtain, wear, and rub a crystal amulet) for announcements from Svardin.
    Oh, are you a Game Master/Moderator? Good to hear from ya. I do notice most players are rather older than most gaming demographics. Now, with that being said does Simutronics have any plans to advertise the game to a new generation of players? Will we expect another video like the one that got me introduced here a month and a half back? What new deals are you offering to new and returning players to get them interested. I know it will be tough to advertise a text-based game but hey, people still play Dungeons and Dragons right?

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    PWC, VA
    Posts
    6,269
    Blog Entries
    9

    Default

    You will not see GMs on this forum in any official capacity. They will only respond on https://forums.elanthia.online/. Another forum for Gemstone. This is LNET and other place is Prime channel from my last comment.

  6. #26

    Default

    I'm sorry if i came off harsh.. the things I'd do as a young warrior if you can swing the 15 dollars to pay a sub fee.. i'd start to make sweet with every empath in tsc.. I'd spend as much time as I could learning guild skills(can do this after you sub). I'd then start talking with people in helden hall (there are many houses but that particular one caters towards warriors and it's right outside of the guild). All of those included with the information about lich will give you ample chances to meet people and role play. One thing that i don't see mentioned is that you should think about the future and the stat cruncher will help with that before you are level 20 http://www.nitefallz.com/
    Last edited by Roiken; 11-09-2017 at 12:23 AM. Reason: wizard warrior, W profession

  7. #27

    Default

    Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    Okay now I understand. Well, I`m still interested about the future of the game. I wish more thoughts are put to promoting this hidden gem. Perhaps if Simu tried to contact the D&D players and some decent Youtube channels without a cancerous fanbase maybe we can bring this community back to the size it used to be. It would be tough advertising a text-based game but nostalgia is big business now. maybe with all the reboots and nostalgia pandering, Gemstone has a chance to bring back old players and some new ones like me.
    you can read the promotions thread for the past couple of years to get a sense of the situation.

    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...romotions/view
    As of August 2017, you can find me posting primarily at https://forums.elanthia.online.

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allereli View Post
    you can read the promotions thread for the past couple of years to get a sense of the situation.

    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...romotions/view
    Aagain, thanks for the reply and information. I`m still curious though, is the game population growing? How well is it growing then?

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hlendril View Post
    I`m still curious though, is the game population growing? How well is it growing then?
    The game's population is down dramatically from it's heyday of the early 2000's. Ever since then it's been on a gradual decline. Over the past couple of years the population has been growing, it's probably now where the game was 5 or 6 years ago.

    Here's a thread where I keep track of the game's population on a daily basis. Daily meaning whenever I remember and feel like updating it.

    http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...anthian-Census
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •