Thread: Armor and training Question

Default Armor and training Question

I was thinking of rolling up a rogue, it and ranger are the only two classes I haven't done much with. In my mind I have this idea that rogues generally avoid the heavier armor as they depending more on evading attacks. So, my question is - is that accurate? And if so, what armor should I aim to be in by say level 10,20, and 50? Also, half thinking of doing either ranged (from open, I hate hiding mechanics), or dual wielding edged weapons. Any thoughts, or is ranged something better to look at a ranger with?
    Last edited by Scisco; 01-02-2018 at 10:05 AM.

My favorite armor for rogues, is MBP honestly.. As far as 20-50 ... Brig should be plenty... and just stay 1x till about 80 ranks... and then get heavier.

I just noticed not hiding, and wanting to be out in the open, you may want to get into heavier faster in that case.
    Last edited by Roiken; 01-02-2018 at 12:35 PM.

If you are going to open two handed weapon use a warrior and if you're going to open ranged use a wizard or Ranger just my opinion.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    If you are going to open two handed weapon use a warrior and if you're going to open ranged use a wizard or Ranger just my opinion.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Unless you REALLY want to open your own boxes, no reason to do rogue if you're going to be in the open. And if you're playing for the long term, I believe you can more or less open your own boxes in later levels with most any profession as long as you have the TP's to train in picking/disarm.

I don't really advise that with picking or disarm, but if you REALLY want them open there are ways to get it done with almost any profession.. agreed there. The OP said he was going to go twc ... not 2hw where i feel like 2hw and a sufficient amount of MOC may provide him the stopping power he needs as a rogue in his build

If you don't want to hide don't be a rogue. Rangers are better from the open because you can lay down tangleweed, call a swarm and tell your companion to attack. Even hunting solo it's like having a team with you to watch your back. I agree with Roiken on the armor question. For either class get to brig quickly. For a ranger, you can stop there forever if you wish though fighting from the open means you'll probably want to go higher in Armor.

If you do go ranged with either and plan on fighting from the open then I'd master Sunfist. You'll need Sigil of Determination to keep fighting while doing things like Bandit Bounties or just to make sure you get fried. Plan on getting injured a lot so have your herbs and sigils handy. BTW: you probably already know this but for either class get a two hander or TWC and go master sunfist starting at level 5. Get that done by level 15 and you'll be set.