Thread: Voln symbol use

Default Voln symbol use

Decided to ditch darkness and join Voln.

Besides the +AS / +DS symbols, blessing and fog what symbols do you regularly use and why.

Blog Entries

If you die symbol of recall is legit.

Symbol of need is still nice especially if you don't use lnet.

I think there is TD one too but I forget what it is called

Symbol of defense adds to TD. I use recall on rare occasion, renew sometimes when entering the rift, seeking every hunting trip, supremacy when hunting tough undead, return occasionally but less now that I can get out of the rift without it, submission on uncooperative liches, preservation, and restitution to replace blood loss if I'm hunting somewhere dangerous.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

There's also transcendence if you get knocked down and are about to get wailed on.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperarx View Post
    There's also transcendence if you get knocked down and are about to get wailed on.
    I would use it more if it lasted longer. I suppose if you use scripts it would work fine. Just have it fire off if you get stunned more than x rounds or put in RT over y seconds.
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

I usually use it if I'm on the ground and in large RT, like from major e-wave or tackle. But yeah, it's only useful if you think you're going to get blown up.

I use transcendence for burrowed crawlers or roa'ter. Also for tripping deadly traps. Though a sulfur trap will blow you up regardless of transcendence. It is helpful in those oh shit situations for sure.

Also, symbol of sleep is pretty brutal.

Wait, WTF is symbol of defense?
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

He means symbol of protection.

I always forget about transcendence. The best use I loved was the Necropolis trip wires, because they were sometimes just evil. But it a great symbol.

Also, restoration is the blood loss one!

I mean there are many useful ones, the only ones I do not even think to use or may need to wiki right now because I forget exactly their benefit is dimishment and disruption. Also, Kai's Strike I know but seemed too short and extra work when I'd just kill them as noncorp.