Thread: Halp plz? (Resolved)

Default Halp plz? (Resolved)

SOLVED

This was issue was resolved by completely uninstalling ruby and reinstalling it to another drive (not c:\ruby200)

I'm trying to come back to the game after years away, I've gone through all the steps on the lich website, installed the correct ruby, etc etc.
    The problem I have is when I try to run the lich.rbw, it starts up fine and asks to install gtk, command windows opens up and it patches the cairo gem, then returns some errors:

(summary) unable to pull data, certificate verify failed, rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz.

Then it installs the gtk gem, and tells me its been successfully installed and asks to restart lich. When I click okay, it starts me to the beginning of this loop. It asks to install gtk again, errors again, restarts saying its installed, repeat.

So yeah I have no idea how to fix this and I see no other posts with this problem.

Cheers in advance for any help you kind folks could offer!

edit: Win 10 Pro x64 btw

I found this post which sounds kindof similar to what I'm experiencing, but I honestly don't know.

https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/issues/1736

edit2:

Okay so I downloaded a new GlobalSignRootCA.pem and the certificate verify error's stopped, however, I still am stuck on an infinite loop of GTK install

EDIT3:

SOLVED.. I think. Complete uninstall and reinstall of ruby, the same errors occurred but the gui is functioning now.
    Last edited by Light; 11-03-2017 at 06:14 AM.
    Calvix - Sorcerer / Rabki - Warrior / Banestone - Cleric
    Discord - ATARI#2860

Quote Originally Posted by Light View Post
    I'm trying to come back to the game after years away, I've gone through all the steps on the lich website, installed the correct ruby, etc etc.
    The problem I have is when I try to run the lich.rbw, it starts up fine and asks to install gtk, command windows opens up and it patches the cairo gem, then returns some errors:

(summary) unable to pull data, certificate verify failed, rubygems.org/specs.4.8.gz.

Then it installs the gtk gem, and tells me its been successfully installed and asks to restart lich. When I click okay, it starts me to the beginning of this loop. It asks to install gtk again, errors again, restarts saying its installed, repeat.

So yeah I have no idea how to fix this and I see no other posts with this problem.

Cheers in advance for any help you kind folks could offer!

edit: Win 10 Pro x64 btw

I found this post which sounds kindof similar to what I'm experiencing, but I honestly don't know.

https://github.com/rubygems/rubygems/issues/1736

edit2:

Okay so I downloaded a new GlobalSignRootCA.pem and the certificate verify error's stopped, however, I still am stuck on an infinite loop of GTK install

EDIT3:

SOLVED.. I think. Complete uninstall and reinstall of ruby, the same errors occurred but the gui is functioning now.

Should I leave this post up or delete it?
    Can't really delete the thread, just edit and erase the post. Personally I would edit it and just add a bit at the top in all caps saying your issue is resolved. If people want to read on, great.
    Last edited by Ososis; 11-02-2017 at 10:04 PM.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."