Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me understand minors...

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    I'm a warrior, btw, didn't mention it in topic post. Isn't redux applied before crit mitigation of armor? So higher redux could technically erase a crit, or no?
    It can to the point you are getting. If you get hit with the current combat formula the absolute minimum damage you take is 1 damage, even if you were to reduce the damage 99% ( it's been done re : Trading Blows thread ). It is the same with manuevers, only that if it connects you will take the original success result in regards to the injury even if the damage is mitigated to 1. For my warrior, I've taken 5 damage and it removed an entire limb, etc.

Unless you have the auctioned Iron Skin item, there is no way to outright remove the results, save for modify your skills to not have the result take place. For a warrior that equates to 3x PF, 2x CM, 2x perception as well as your instinctual skills in some calculations ( someone else can point you to the SMR 2.0 formula I'm at work and can't access it easily ) depending on the action the critter takes.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    What class, Dex? Warriors have an ability to mitigate minor stacking. It can actually be given by Warriors to others, though they'd have to be specced into it.

https://gswiki.play.net/Armor_Reinforcement

• Description: Adjusts a person's armor so that it better protects against repeated blows. Provides a (Rank * 15)% chance of not stacking wounds of the same level when struck in combat by an attack that Damage Reduction could apply against.

I'm not 100% that it'd help against maneuver-based damage, though. Anyone know?

Last I tried it, it didn't. I guess it depends on the specific maneuver but redux doesn't really apply on them. Melee, ranged, thrown, bolts etc anything with an AS based resolution.

Redux has limited application.

1. It only activates with AS-based attacks (melee, bolt, ranged).
    2. It doesn't mitigate damage from CS-based, maneuver or flare attacks.
    3. It doesn't reduce critical or damage weighting.

What does it do?

1. It reduces AS-based damage factors which usually results in reduced raw damage and possibly a lower or even no critical: .ceil(damage factor * (1 - redux factor))
    2. It also reduces the initial total calculated damage from these attacks: .ceil((1 - redux factor) * (reduced raw damage + critical damage))

When the calculated raw damage, using the reduced damage factor ((ER - 100) * DFr), is equal to or greater than the worn armor (critical divisor - 0.5) then a minimum rank 1 critical is ALWAYS inflicted. For plate armor the critical threshold is 10.5 damage. At this point critical weighting and padding are added/subtracted to determine the maximum critical rank. Once the maximum crit rank has been determined it is then randomized: .ceil(max crit/2).

Critical damage

Each critical has associated damage and status effects.

1. AS-based critical damage is non-variable. A rank 4 crush neck critical will always add 12 damage. A rank 4 unbalance neck crit will always add 8 damage.

2. CS-based/maneuver/flare critical damage uses a different scale. Each damage type, under normal circumstances, follows this pattern up to rank 6: (Damage = critical rank * 5). A rank 4 crush neck critical and a rank 4 unbalance neck critical will both have 20 associated damage (crit rank 4 * 5 damage). For ranks 7, 8 and 9 the damage can vary depending on the damage type and body location but is still divisible by 5. And while this is the normal pattern it can be affected by other factors. Creatures with natural padding will often have lower critical rank outcomes than expected based on damage sustained. Some creatures will have resistance to one damage type and a vulnerability to another type.

Code:
    You gesture at a forest troll.
      CS: +226 - TD: +49 + CvA: +20 + d100: +31 == +228
      Warding failed!
       ... 50 points of damage!
       Good blow to back!

Rank 4 impact back critical with 50 damage.
    Natural padding reduced the critical from a rank 7 to a rank 4.
    An AS-based rank 4 impact back crit would have resulted in 20 damage.
    Mark

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation.

Help me understand minors...
    Don't try to understand them. They think they know everything and can't be reasoned with.
    Last edited by Methais; 11-03-2017 at 09:07 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible