Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help me understand minors...

Default Help me understand minors...

Code:

A greater construct swings its arms together in an attempt to trap you!  Dodging aside, you avoid all but a light slap on one side of the head by the greater construct's massive arms.
       ... 1 point of damage!
       Blow grazes your temple.
    Why? Why is this happening? Why do I keep getting minors from 1 point of damage, and is there anything I can do to stop this? My redux at the moment is around 42% (due to 50 learned spells).

Some attacks always inflict a wound. Also you may have great padding, but it can't reduce a rank 1 to a 0.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

I thought this was going to be a thread asking about children and these things they do these days.

Blog Entries

What class, Dex? Warriors have an ability to mitigate minor stacking. It can actually be given by Warriors to others, though they'd have to be specced into it.

https://gswiki.play.net/Armor_Reinforcement

• Description: Adjusts a person's armor so that it better protects against repeated blows. Provides a (Rank * 15)% chance of not stacking wounds of the same level when struck in combat by an attack that Damage Reduction could apply against.

I'm not 100% that it'd help against maneuver-based damage, though. Anyone know?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

I think he was asking about getting a minor period. You can't mitigate that away. Some things just give it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    I think he was asking about getting a minor period. You can't mitigate that away. Some things just give it.
    I think only girls get periods.

Yeah, I know about armor reinforcement for stacking, I got that done on my armor, but I'm stalking about getting minors in general. I get a couple of minors on occasion literally from taking 1 pt of damage. I don't know if I need higher Redux, or damage padding, or higher maneuver defense, or DS, or what not, to stop this from happening.
    Last edited by dex; 11-02-2017 at 10:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dex View Post
    Yeah, I know about armor reinforcement for stacking, I got that done on my armor, but I'm stalking about getting minors in general. I get a couple of minors on occasion literally from taking 1 pt of damage. I don't know if I need higher Redux, or damage padding, or higher maneuver defense, or DS, or what not, to stop this from happening.
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is trying to avoid getting hit at all. Overtraining in armor to lessen its maneuver penalties, staying at 0 encumbrance, and wearing the appropriate outside spells will all help.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Sounds like the only thing you can do is trying to avoid getting hit at all. Overtraining in armor to lessen its maneuver penalties, staying at 0 encumbrance, and wearing the appropriate outside spells will all help.
    The 1 point of damage is the system mitigating as much as it can. The end result "should" be much worse. I've taken a 7 round stun on 2 points of damage from a lightning mote that would have flash-fried just about anything else.

What E has given you is pretty accurate information, but it won't stop it completely. You're getting the absolute best result you can in your given scenario.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

I'm a warrior, btw, didn't mention it in topic post. Isn't redux applied before crit mitigation of armor? So higher redux could technically erase a crit, or no?