Base of operations: Landing
    Got you. Good luck, Paladin.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Name: Borral
    Race: Giantman
    Profession: Warrior
    Base of Operations: Landing
    I got to sigil location and never got to try a warcamp. That hill troll looked too tempting.

Blog Entries

I'd like to start this week's update by saying thanks to everyone who has participated in HARDCORE. The competition has helped me to rekindle a sense of fun and enjoyment in Gemstone, as I hope it has for all of you. So again, thank you.

This week has been one of the most tumultuous to date in HARDCORE, with so many arrivals and departures that it's going to be tough to give all of the week's events the attention they deserve. We've seen a great many entries and exits this week, including several who came and went within the span of 7 days. These brave souls include Ralbor and Borral of Roblar fame, who both had grand designs of being the first of the HARDCORE to raze a Warcamp. Well ... No such luck, i'm afraid. Also in and out during the week was Duofer, successor of Lord Unofer who we'll hear of later, brought low by a Grimswarm Orc Ranger and Torvund the Paladin who was caught shieldless and smashed by a Forest Troll. Othilium the Rogue met his end in customary fashion for HARDCORE locksmiths; becoming scarab food. Lhinneth, Aisenit's offspring, was gored by a boar while out foraging for herbs and Mazikaen of clan Mazi died in classic HARDCORE fashion to the dreaded Dark Vysan. Living slightly longer lifespans was Aisenit, our off-and-on F2P leader finally met her end via a Fanged Viper while Somrets the absent Wizard reared his head after a long break just long enough to lose it to a Grimswarm Troll Cleric. Rest in peace, brave adventurers!

Next, we speak of longtime competitors who also perished this week. We lost not one but TWO of our elder Wizards, the first of which was Lord Unofer. A one time Wizard champion, Lord Unofer was out on the hunt for Big Game. The Imperiled Few had earlier that week put out a call for adventure in the form of a hunting competition and he meant to answer. He managed to fell a Minor Glacei, an astounding 21 levels above his own, but was far satisfied knowing his rival was out and about achieving even greater feats. While on the hunt for a Major Glacei Lord Unofer ran afoul of a deadly Ice Wraith. It turns out the Wraith was just fine with underhunting and Earthen Fury'd poor Unofer to his icy grave. Rest well, brave soul!

In our final tale of loss this week, we learn the fate of Lord Onquer the Troll slayer. Also on the hunt for Big Game, Lord Onquer started by felling a Frost Giant. "Too easy", he said, and quickly dispatched a Lesser then a Greater Ice Giant. Mere child's play, said Onquer, and he turned his sights towards the Glacei. Both the Minor and Major Glacei fell to his spells, but it still wasn't enough. He trundled up Mount Aenatumgana one last time and bagged himself an Ice Golem; A gap of an astounding 26 levels. This amazing feat would have been enough for all but the most daring of adventurers, but we mustn't forget, Lord Onquer is HARDCORE. He gathered what scrolls, trinkets, and spells he could and headed off into the depths of Castle Darkstone. His Big Game hunt ended in the successful pursuit of a Massive Troll King, a truly heroic kill counting 36 levels above his own. One for the story books, as they say...

Unfortunately, Lord Onquer the Troll Slayer would not live long to revel in his victory. Still high on the thrill of victory, he saw little challenge in the form of wretched Arch Wight. Pride commeth before a fall, and fall Lord Onquer did with not one, but two casts of Earthen Fury. While you may be dead, you will not be forgotten as we all shall sing your praises, including young Onquerer the Elven Bard, whos tale has not yet been written.

WHEH ... to wrap up the week, we'll end with a brief recap of the additions to the HARDCORE Roster. We have Bimo and Zimo, the Wizard and Paladin duo along with another Paladin Torvynd. Also on the books are the Rogues Thirildin and Drelo, Borrs the Sorcerer, Brinret the Bard, and Mazikaene the Wizard. May your lives be long and full of wonder.

Until next time, HARDCORE.
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-12-2018 at 11:53 AM. Reason: Spelling

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Ardkor still alive?
    Yeah he can't be tempted to hunt Big Game. That's more for bolters anyway.

6. Default

Tarado, Monk, Half-Krolv

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LilWizzy View Post
    Tarado, Monk, Half-Krolv
    You're good to go. Best of luck.

I know theres more pure class players in the HC but I thought it might be "fun" to have an extra challenge or achievement for squares. The highest endroll survived or best redux. (maybe break the achievement into subs and F2P?) Also I believe it will be near impossible to calculate non-weapon attacks for redux because those "weapons" don't have DF listed or known. So claw, bites, etc wouldn't work but could still be added to the highest endroll achievement?

I'm going add(and update) my skills, stats, armor class, and hits taken to this post. I don't think the script ;redux can be utilized in the earlier levels because on my level 5 warrior I'm getting "Your Redux estimates to be 1127.66%" Which can't possibly be right.

Code:
    Stats(level 5):

Strength (STR):    91 (5)     ...   91 (5)
    Constitution (CON):    72 (21)    ...   72 (21)
       Dexterity (DEX):    72 (26)    ...   72 (26)
         Agility (AGI):    91 (30)    ...   91 (30)
      Discipline (DIS):    81 (10)    ...   81 (10)
            Aura (AUR):    66 (3)     ...   66 (3)
           Logic (LOG):    90 (25)    ...   90 (25)
       Intuition (INT):    25 (-2)    ...   25 (-2)
          Wisdom (WIS):    66 (8)     ...   66 (8)
       Influence (INF):    25 (-17)   ...   25 (-17)

Skills(level 5):

Two Weapon Combat..................|      25       5
      Armor Use..........................|      70      15
      Combat Maneuvers...................|      58      12
      Brawling...........................|      66      14
      Multi Opponent Combat..............|      25       5
      Physical Fitness...................|      70      15
      Dodging............................|      70      15

Armor: 

Cuirbouilli Leather AsG 10 (scale coverage arms and chest, soft leather coverage head and legs)

Location of hit: 

stomach (scale coverage)

Hit:

A thyril swings a broadsword<.250 DF for ASG 10> at you!
      AS: +52 vs DS: +53 with AvD: +34 + d100 roll: +97 = +130
       ... and hits for 13 points of damage!
       Stomach shot lands with a hollow *thump*.

Wound level: minor

*edit*
    Moc is 8 ranks now but everything else is the same.

Armor: 

Cuirbouilli Leather ASG 10 (scale coverage arms and chest, soft leather coverage head and legs)

Location of hit: 

right arm (scale coverage)

Hit:

A lesser orc swings a cudgel<.200 DF ASG 10> at you!
      AS: +108 vs DS: +62 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +96 = +165
       ... and hits for 16 points of damage!
       Blow raises a welt on your right arm.

Wound level: minor

Added: 2/13/2018

A lesser orc swings a cudgel at you!
      AS: +108 vs DS: +66 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +100 = +165
       ... and hits for 14 points of damage!
       Broken finger on your left hand!

A lesser orc swings a cudgel at you!
      AS: +108 vs DS: +32 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +97 = +196
       ... and hits for 26 points of damage!
       Bones in left arm crack.
    Last edited by wetsand; 02-15-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Blog Entries

Good suggestion. I'll see about adding it in some capacity.

The brave and risky Drelo has met his maker today, in the form of an onyx scarab. He sure didn't see that one coming!

Pain like a miniature sun bursts within your chest as the onyx scarab reaches your heart! Light flares before your eyes momentarily, followed by the release of death.

Ironic enough, the room's fire went out just at my timely death as well....The fire goes quietly out. Small sounds come from the remaining bits of wood as they begin to cool off. A last wisp of smoke rises to signal surrender to the forces of nature.

Born from the flames, is Arakot, dwarven empath and woman lover along with his trusty sidekick Bargin, the large footed halfling monk
    Last edited by Gizmo; 02-13-2018 at 03:33 PM.