Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread

Okay after only playing my little sorcerer for a few days I've come to really enjoy playing him. So I will be retiring Yimo from the competition. I still plan to run him on my own modified "hardcore" rules, no outside spells/help but removing the permanent death rule for him. I will be setting up another character, F2P this time around and will post here once I complete that. I hope there is no hard feelings from anyone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wetsand View Post
    Okay after only playing my little sorcerer for a few days I've come to really enjoy playing him. So I will be retiring Yimo from the competition. I still plan to run him on my own modified "hardcore" rules, no outside spells/help but removing the permanent death rule for him. I will be setting up another character, F2P this time around and will post here once I complete that. I hope there is no hard feelings from anyone.
    If he never died, that's acceptable. I'll remove him from the roster.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    If he never died, that's acceptable. I'll remove him from the roster.
    No deaths, or any other rule violations. Thank you for being understanding.

Blog Entries

As mentioned in-game, there is to be an ongoing vote to determine whether or not characters should be deleted upon death. As it stands currently, if you do not delete your HARDCORE character and continue to play it, your new characters will not be eligible to join the HARDCORE competition.

If you would prefer to KEEP the rules the same, please say so. If you would like to CHANGE the rules, please state that instead. Feel free to state how you think they should be changed, but remember to either vote to KEEP or CHANGE the rules.

I'll track votes until 11:59 PM EST this Sunday.

To have your vote counted, please vote in the HARDCORE Discord channel. Otherwise, it may not be properly tracked.

If you need help accessing the Discord, let me know and we'll figure it out.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-19-2018 at 08:37 PM.

Rasil died to a wood wight at level 10.

His brother Rattas the Burghal Gnome Wizard is starting his adventure.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elan123 View Post
    Rasil died to a wood wight at level 10.

His brother Rattas the Burghal Gnome Wizard is starting his adventure.
    Thanks for the heads up. Entering your info now.

Blog Entries

This week has been a fairly tumultuous one for HARDCORE, but not for the usual reasons. A vote was held to decide whether or not the rule regarding disqualification for failing to delete a fallen character should be changed. The results of the vote are in, 10 votes to keep the rules as they stand now, and 4 votes to change them. As such, the rule will stand that you must delete/reroll your HARDCORE character should they die during competition if you wish to enter a new one. Failure to do so will result in any future characters not being recognized as HARDCORE.

However, allowences have been made so that characters wishing to exempt their characters from deletion prior to dying can instead choose to RETIRE said character. Retirement removes the character from the competition, but leaves the player free to enter a new character in their stead. To be clear, the decision to retire a HARDCORE character must be made BEFORE their death, and is irreversible. The wiki will be updated with guidance on this issue before the end of the day. Speaking of retirement, Yimo, Chauvech, and Durie have all decided to hang up their hats and exit from the competition while still among the living. We wish them luck and much carefree hunting in the days to come.

Also exiting the competition in the usual way were Dredpok, the level 7 Dwarven Paladin via a Greater Orc's Broadsword. A pair of Burghal Gnomes Wizards also met their end. Scurf was eaten by a Werebear and Ratsil chopped down by a Wood Wight. It's been a rough few weeks for the Gnomes of late, but they're a determined bunch as Rattas the Burghal Gnome Wizard takes up his brother's (figurative) runestaff to tread on in his place. Also joining the ranks is Sindaras the Sylvankind Paladin and Eroland the Giantkin Empath. Finally, another of the Maza clan has risen to join the HARDCORE, going by the name of Maazikeen the 11th of her line. The Dark Elf Wizard is F2P as always and is tearing up the charts as we speak.

That'll do it for this week's roster update. Until next time, HARDCORE.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-22-2018 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries

The wiki has been updated with the new retirement rules:

* All HARDCORE competitors who have not yet been eliminated from the competition have the option to retire their character. Retirement allows the character to exit the competition, enabling the player to enter new competitors to the competition without having to delete their previous one. Retirement must be announced PRIOR to the HARDCORE character's elimination, and is irreversible. Leaderboard positions earned by the retired character shall remain in place as if they had been eliminated and any prizes won up to that point are theirs to keep.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-22-2018 at 02:31 PM.

Blog Entries

The wiki has had a few updates:

The first is purely cosmetic and involves reorganizing the leaderboards for the sake of clarity. Let me know if you spot any errors or inconsistencies.

The 2nd is the creation of the collapsible category, "HARDCORE - Inactive Adventurers". This category contains characters who have not been seen in the lands for at least 1 month's time. These characters are all still registered in the competition and nothing other than their listing on the Wiki has changed. If they are spotted in game they will be moved back onto the active roster. This change was made simply to make my life easier when parsing information on the wiki. If you feel you've been put on this list incorrectly, or ANY information is incomplete or incorrect, please let me know via the forums, Discord, or in game via Sulikfor on Lnet.
    Last edited by Fallen; 01-24-2018 at 10:47 AM.

The vereri says, "Am I not beautiful, Kachon?"

The nedum vereri looks expectantly at you. You feel your resistance melt away!
    CS: +95 - TD: +61 + CvA: +2 + d100: +95 - -5 == +136 Warding failed!
    The nedum vereri suddenly transforms into a horridly grotesque image, inducing utter terror in your soul!
    You are immobilized with sheer terror!
    Last edited by DrZaius; 01-24-2018 at 09:41 PM.