Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: Gemstone PRIME HARDCORE Official Thread

Blog Entries

I don't like instakills. I mean, I understand it is realistic to beable to die without having anything to do about it, but this is fantasy, it is supposed to be unrealistic. If you aren't prepared for an area, sure, you should suffer, but I just find it cheap that some creatures you can't really do much about. I did always like hunting the Arch Wights wearing metal breastplate though, most of their casts are hindered.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Creatures need to be able to kill us. I'm not sure what the best method is for them doing so and we still finding the fun. Stacked into RT and being slowly pecked to death isn't too much more fun than being 1 shotted by a 101 endroll and a flare, or Earthen Fury'd. I guess an ideal situation revolves around risk mitigation. When you fail to mitigate that risk largely due to negligence on your part, you are typically given an opportunity with a mid-high % chance to escape death.
    To be clear, I'm fine with the occasional death. I don't mind getting severely injured and having to return early, or ending most hunts with some kind of damage. I just think that the designers sometimes confuse insta-death attacks with challenge.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

< They need a review of all the "insta-kill" critters in all level ranges... >

I know it takes every fiber of your being to be a twat of a human being, or you are being deliberately obtuse

SMR 2.0 was just recently done and provided boosts to many pures to make the game easier.
    Last edited by Stunseed; 02-14-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: removed dead link
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    < They need a review of all the "insta-kill" critters in all level ranges... >

I know it takes every fiber of your being to be a twat of a human being, or you are being deliberately obtuse

SMR 2.0 was just recently done and provided boosts to many pures to make the game easier.
    You shouldn't feed the trolls. His avatar is literally a troll.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

I've been updating my original post with new hits as not to clutter this thread. But I think its going to be hard to beat Borral's hit right now. I'm slowly working my way to chain armor and keeping my other physical skills maxed. Still haven't been stunned or received anything beyond a minor.

*edit*

This one hurt:

A leaper tries to bite you!
    AS: +94 vs DS: +68 with AvD: +28 + d100 roll: +99 = +153
    ... and hits for 30 points of damage!
    Nice puncture to the back, just grazed the spine!

Still only a minor but 30 HP is a ton when I only have 118 total.

Another hard hit that was my first stun!

A lesser orc swings a cudgel at you!
    AS: +108 vs DS: +38 with AvD: +23 + d100 roll: +90 = +183
    ... and hits for 20 points of damage!
    Strike to the eye clips the eyebrow.
    You are stunned for 1 rounds!
    Last edited by wetsand; 02-15-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries

The following (in bold) clarification has been made to the rules:

Upon death you should submit a post to the thread informing the community of the character’s death and immediately delete the character. Inventory may be transferred to a non-HARDCORE character prior to deletion. Should you wish to create a new character for the HARDCORE competition, you must select a different name than the one used previously. The name of your HARDCORE character may not be used for a non-HARDCORE character, even if re-rolled, if you mean to continue to compete with any new or existing characters in the competition.
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-20-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Long time no update! For the past two weeks, HARDCORE waged war on the Grimswarm. There were heavy losses on both sides, with Brinret, Tesaer, Bargin, Engler, and Govei all falling at the hands of The Swarm. However, there were gains made for all the blood that was shed, though you'll need to read the leaderboard update to see just what was accomplished.

Also exiting the competition were the F2P clan of Zimo, Bimo, and Gimo, though their line continues on in Vimo the Burghal Gnome Monk. Agarwenil fell to a Fanged Viper, Drelo to an Onyx Scarab, Azraylia at the hands of a Forest Troll, and Thirildin to a Neartofar Orc. Ucher and Kaech both perished to causes unknown, while Toyrynd and Rogs send their regards as they head off to retirement. In a HARDCORE first, Egard the F2P Dwarven Sorcerer died during the ongoing invasions in Icemule.

Taking the place of the fallen are a good many, so let's break it down by profession. The Monks are a popular lot, with Tarado, Furdi, and Ludian answering the call. On the Wizard front we have Cardhore, Borshe, Triofer (of Unofer and Duofer fame), and Lychon. Rounding out the group are the Empaths Aduialel and Arakot, Amaren the Rogue, and Murnir the Paladin.

On a closing note, did you ever hear the tragedy of Dark Elf Sutudo the Sorcerer? I thought not. It's not a story the GMs would tell you. The dark side of Sorcery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. She became so powerful… The only thing she was afraid of was dying in an embarrassingly brutal fashion, which eventually, of course, she did. Unfortunately, she taught her apprentice Shimlurous everything she knew, then Shimlurous pushed her into a spike pit while out hunting. Ironic. Sutudo witnessed others reached the title of Lord and Lady, but not herself, dying mere points away from level 20.

Until next time, HARDCORE.
    Last edited by Fallen; 02-26-2018 at 09:43 PM.

For Pain Olympics - this cliff is in the Gremlin / Grub area on the Gates map

You put a rune staff in your forest green backpack.
    >climb wall
    [d100 == 2]
    You climb the canyon wall but fail to clear the lip of the ledge, lose your grip and plummet to the rocky floor below.......
    You hit hard.
    10 Concussion points.
    ... 60 points of damage!
    Your left leg collapses as the bones are ground to dust!
    That marathon will just have to wait!
    You are badly stunned. [25 Rounds]

Blog Entries

Haha. I'll get that on the board under environmental damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    On a closing note, did you ever hear the tragedy of Dark Elf Sutudo the Sorcerer? I thought not. It's not a story the GMs would tell you. The dark side of Sorcery is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. She became so powerful… The only thing she was afraid of was dying in an embarrassingly brutal fashion, which eventually, of course, she did. Unfortunately, she taught her apprentice Shimlurous everything she knew, then Shimlurous pushed her into a spike pit while out hunting. Ironic. Sutudo witnessed others reached the title of Lord and Lady, but not herself, dying mere points away from level 20.
    LOL.