Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: T6 Jackpot

1. Default

Greasy as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    He basically yanked the item because it wasn't getting bites, don't make this complicated. Aaand who gives a fuck?
    I didn't yank it. People can still bid. I'm leaving it open longer so the other 2 owners get the maximum value they can out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SonoftheNorth View Post
    Greasy as usual.
    I don't really care whatsoever if you like it or not.

My auction, my rules. If you don't like it, don't bid.
    Last edited by SashaFierce; 11-07-2017 at 09:42 AM.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Wow, that is some shady shit right there.

Why? Because racecar.

While setting a low MB is usually a good idea if you want to drive interest in the item, in this case if you already had an idea that you’d bid if it didn’t reach a certain price, it would have worked better to set the mb at least closer to what you were considering.

I've done several big transactions with a lot of people from here and I frequent the forums maybe too much. Outside of basically having stuff stolen, this is one of the shittiest things I've seen. I've almost been waiting to see an MB not be taken because it was too low and was really there to draw interest...I've seen some I was afraid would come close to that, but fortunately after a few years, didn't see it happen. The MB should've been set at the expectations...or...once the expectations were known during the process, the MB should've been redacted and the auction restarted.

The sad and and shady part is that this expectation was known, all the way till the end, with no mention of this expectation. In all honesty, I'd discourage anyone from buying it at this point.
    Last edited by Erous; 11-08-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    While setting a low MB is usually a good idea if you want to drive interest in the item, in this case if you already had an idea that you’d bid if it didn’t reach a certain price, it would have worked better to set the mb at least closer to what you were considering.
    I had no plans to bid on this item.

I expected someone to bid a reasonable value for it, that didn't happen.

Rather than see the other 2 owners get 2m for 80k+ seashells, I'll make a reasonable bid myself and toss it in my locker.

I could have just started the auction with a CB of 15m to myself and not have had to deal with all this drama, but then some of you would probably complain about that as well.
    Merchant Feedback here: http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...h-Transactions
    -- Updated list of scammers in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by SashaFierce View Post
    I had no plans to bid on this item.
    I expected someone to bid a reasonable value for it, that didn't happen.
    I didn't say you had plans to bid, I said specifically...
    Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    if you already had an idea that you’d bid if it didn’t reach a certain price
    You took that out of context. And you just admitted via your post that you expected someone to bid higher but they didn't and you weren't going to allow the other two owners to get shafted, so you did plan on bidding, again, IF it didn't reach a certain price, like I said. So yeah, it would have gone better for you to at least start the MB closer to what you thought you and the owners should get. An even better idea would have been to let a third party on this forum handle the auction for you, and you could then have bid freely and everything would have appeared above board.

Yes, this was by far the most shittiest merchanting I've seen.

Not just that, but I also love the way he phrased his responses to me as if I'm scamming him by winning it for "only" 6m because its completely my fault that I made a higher bid than the previous bidder on a normal no-MB auction.

But at least we also got a price check on his reputation as a merchant, he's valuing it at less than 9m. Fine, its your auction, but glad others see your true colors.

The section in blue at the top has been there since I first came across this thread. It states clearly that "we are also able to place bids" and that bids will update 1x a day. Even if you choose to interpret that to be exactly 24 hours between updates, the timestamp of the latest update to the top post is less than 72 hours after your bid.

It seems like Alastir followed the stated rules for the auction to the letter. If you didn't like those rules, you probably shouldn't have bid on the item. I could maybe understand your butthurt if he topped you by like 500k, but he bid 250% of your bid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McGoohan
    I am not a number, I am a free man!

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    The section in blue at the top has been there since I first came across this thread. It states clearly that "we are also able to place bids" and that bids will update 1x a day. Even if you choose to interpret that to be exactly 24 hours between updates, the timestamp of the latest update to the top post is less than 72 hours after your bid.

It seems like Alastir followed the stated rules for the auction to the letter. If you didn't like those rules, you probably shouldn't have bid on the item. I could maybe understand your butthurt if he topped you by like 500k, but he bid 250% of your bid.
    The shady part isn't necessarily Alastir being able to bid, it's how it was handled. Allowing someone's bid to linger for days THEN bidding 2.5x the current bid left a bad taste in the bidders mouth. If Alastir would have bid in 1 mil increments once he saw a plateau had been reached, it probably would have sat better. If a third part would have handled it like I mentioned, it probably would have sat better. If a mb closer to what Alastir thought he and the owners deserved would have been set THEN Alastir bid in 1 mil increments it would have sat better. There are so many ways it could have been handled better, and that is the shady part. Not the fact he was just part owner and able to bid.