Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UAC empath

Default UAC empath

Is this going to be viable past level 20? My plan right now is to continue 1x brawling, 1x cman, 2x PF, 1x HP, 1x SMC, 1x perception, 2x FA. I might taper off cman to get more spells. Stopping at 203 and 107, and dumping any extra TPs into empath. I will pick up 200's and 100's later on. I will add in lore(s) when I can afford them. My CS is terrible right now, mostly due to my stat placement but wisdom will grow quickly. Once I have the mana/CS, I plan to open hand channel 1106 and follow up with UAC.

Code:
    Tiny (at level 6), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
      Skill Name                         | Current Current
                                         |   Bonus   Ranks
      Two Weapon Combat..................|       5       1
      Combat Maneuvers...................|      40       8
      Brawling...........................|      40       8
      Physical Fitness...................|      58      12
      Harness Power......................|      30       6
      Spirit Mana Control................|      30       6
      Perception.........................|      30       6
      First Aid..........................|      58      12

Spell Lists
      Major Spiritual....................|               3

Spell Lists
      Minor Spiritual....................|               7

Spell Lists
      Empath.............................|               7

Stats set for cap:

Level 0 Stats for Tiny, Halfling Empath

Strength (STR): 94
    Constitution (CON): 49
       Dexterity (DEX): 70
         Agility (AGI): 73
      Discipline (DIS): 68
            Aura (AUR): 73
           Logic (LOG): 68
       Intuition (INT): 73
          Wisdom (WIS): 30
       Influence (INF): 62

Change your stat placement to get higher logic and wisdom and dump stats you don't need (intuition/influence...maybe discipline). Then at 19th level move all your stats back to where you want to be for the long haul.

I'm not sure of the viability past 20th, but there is a thread in the cleric folder regarding a brawling cleric some guy is leveling. Sounds like he is doing ok so far. Last time he posted he was fighting tree spirits and they are level 26. If a cleric can do it, an empath seems like it would work even better.

http://forum.gsplayers.com/showthrea...ing-UAC-Cleric
    Last edited by Tenser; 10-27-2017 at 04:18 PM.

Sounds dull, but I'd bet it's viable past 20. Between 211, 215, 1109 and 1130, empaths are a viable melee class for quite a while. My halfling empath used a naginata till 30 or so, and then THW until 50. I've always found that UAC is an especially good option for halflings, though, because the -15 STR doesn't matter as much. Only problem with UAC is that empaths don't get any of the good CMs to go with it, especially the punch/kick mastery.

I'd guess that DS might be a bit of a problem eventually, since you have no dodging and no ability to parry. You can always use 102 if you have DS troubles. Empaths, at least, can take a hit better than most. To that end, I'd consider going at least 2.5x PF, or 3x if you can. You might want to delay that until you get the spells you need, of course.

Eventually you'll want some MMC ranks for extra 1117 targets, since you can't mstrike.

Blog Entries

If you want your UAC to be viable getting 211 and 215 sooner than later will be important for there UC boosts. And although minimal I would keep Cman 1x until you transition to open hand casting since every UC point will be critical.

We actually have the same training path while I am mastering GoS and it is effective I'm dumping it later for ranged but with selective hunting and society/self spells I could see this lasting until 40s

My brawling empath is late 20's and still doing good, I normally open with boneshatter and then go UAC, it may be my imagination but it seems to put me at a better multiplier than just opening with brawling, but I have no evidence to support that, just my perception.

CMAN is definitely where I would take the extra TPs from, if I needed to get something to fit. Between 1109, 211 and 215, you have +55 UAF from spells that you should have by 15th level. A couple points of CMAN is not going to make a difference at early levels. I would suggest having this fully 1x by 50.

1130 is another 20+ UAF, and scales as you level. You should have empath spells at least equal to your level by 30.

Empaths can certainly maintain a great degree of success with physical attacks all the way through cap. Specifically concerning UAC, you have one of my favorite tricks available in your arsenal at somewhat higher levels: web. If you web a critter, you will automatically have excellent positioning against it.

Thanks for the all the great suggestions.

I'm going to try this layout for a bit:

Tiny (at level 8), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 5 1
    Armor Use..........................| 35 7 Stopping at doubles
    Brawling...........................| 50 10
    Physical Fitness...................| 74 16
    Harness Power......................| 40 8
    Spirit Mana Control................| 40 8
    Perception.........................| 40 8
    First Aid..........................| 74 16

Spell Lists
    Major Spiritual....................| 8

Spell Lists
    Minor Spiritual....................| 7

Spell Lists
    Empath.............................| 9

Dropped cman for more spells. Going to bump up Major to get 211/215 faster.

*edit I forgot to mention I'm running a full wizard spellup as well. So shouldn't really have any DS issues.
    Last edited by wetsand; 10-29-2017 at 06:39 PM.

Just a suggestion but, as a UAC empath, you might want to go the bit extra to 15 ranks armor and get into breastplate, yes their is hindrance but casting is you secondary attack method not first and the extra protection helps. The one caveat I will say is my UAC wizard is going from doubles to reinforced, but he hunts with celerity on all the time so reducing spell failure by 50% is a big deal for him.

Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    Just a suggestion but, as a UAC empath, you might want to go the bit extra to 15 ranks armor and get into breastplate, yes their is hindrance but casting is you secondary attack method not first and the extra protection helps. The one caveat I will say is my UAC wizard is going from doubles to reinforced, but he hunts with celerity on all the time so reducing spell failure by 50% is a big deal for him.
    I'll push for more armor later on. I think brig would be my goal armor. But thats a ways off.

I would suggest going to chain mail, if you intend to go as far as brigandine already. Brig will give you a 7% hindrance when fully trained, and a crit divisor of 7 everywhere. Chain mail is 8%, but increases the crit divisor to the chest/abdomen/back to 9, and most weapons/attacks will have lower damage factors against it, too.